Introduction to Advantages of MongoDB
The following article Advantages of MongoDB provides a complete guide to the uses and advantages of MongoDB. MongoDB is a non-relational database and easy to scale. It is an open-source database written in C++. It supports ad-hoc query processing. It is presently used as a back-end database for organizations like Facebook, IBM, etc. It stores data in collection format. Content management, analytics, mobile application system uses MongoDB. MongoDB allows you to read the result of a write operation before you run to write the query. It serves all the queries from indexes. The reason it is most useful because it has no relationship and structure data concept needed. It is a NoSQL database. The structure of one single object is clear to the users.
In this topic, we are going to learn about the Advantages of MongoDB.
Advantages of MongoDB
- It is easy to install, use and schema-less database.
- Due to it is the ability of a schema-less database, the code which we create defines the schema.
- Data is stored in Binary JSON format which is key-value pair, no joins complexity is needed.
- It uses RAM to store data, this makes faster access to the data.
- It can be used for load balancing.
- It supports ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability) property for a database transaction.
- It supports replication, if the primary server goes down during transaction then the secondary server handles the transaction without human interaction.
- It is cost-effective because it reduces cost on hardware and storage.
- It can save a lot of data which will help in faster query processing.
- Data is stored across the nodes in the cluster so there will be no single point of failure in the database server.
- Due to the dynamic schema, you can try new things at a lower cost. You don’t need to worry about preparing data before experimenting with it.
Why we use MongoDB?
- MongoDB is a NoSQL database, it can store data in document format. This database is flexible to use when there is a requirement of handling large volumes of data because it provides a high-performance data storage solution.
- It stores data in document format so we can change any number of records, add or delete existing fields in the table. It can store complex structures easily, fetch the data more accurately.
- Indexing is done to improve the performance of queries or searches in the database.
- It can store any type of data with any size.
- A dynamic database scheme is used which is called BSON.
- It supports replication where master-slave works. Master reads and writes, slave copies data from the master and it will be used for reading purposes only.
- Auto-sharding is present and will be used if we have large data distributed on several servers and if the server is not able to handle data. This will not cause failure.
- It supports horizontal scaling which will result in distributing large data into several machines.
Where we use MongoDB?
- If you are going to make a database project with a low budget, MongoDB is the best NoSQL database to set up, manage and work for it.
- MongoDB has powerful query processing so it will help in to find out from where data comes in and to pull the data from a specific location.
- If you have a cloud hosting service, then you should set up MongoDB with security guidelines because cloud hosting services are internet-accessible servers.
- We can use MongoDB without much worrying about minor details like enforce integrity, want to create a database with a bunch of documents.
- The New York Times uses MongoDB in form building applications. E.g.- photo submissions.
- It is used for back-end storage. E.g.- sourceforge.net site uses it.
- Shutterfly uses MongoDB various persistent data storage requirements.
- It is used in social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram because this social networking site generates a terabyte of data each minute.
- It is used for the question and answers discussion forum like Quora.
Conclusion – Advantages of MongoDB
MongoDB is a reliable database which is recommended while designing a web application that is scalable and required a large database to store huge amount of unstructured data. If the user is looking for the best availability, faster processing, good backup, zero loss of information then MongoDB is the best solution to use. most importantly it is free to use.
This is a guide to the Advantages of MongoDB. Here we discuss the Why and Where we Use MongoDB with the Advantages. You may also look at the following article.