Introduction to Redux
It becomes difficult to manage the state of each component in the application when the size of the application becomes extremely large. Redux helps in updating and maintaining the state of each component in the application.
Understanding Redux and how it Works
Suppose we ordered a headphone from the Amazon website. After ordering headphone, one can get delivery from the delivery boy in the given specified time. In the case, ordering headphone is an Action which is one of the concepts of Redux.
After performing action here one has to wait till the delivery. There is a process which take time and which gets followed every time when one order something from favorite e-commerce website. In the same manner, in redux after performing the action there is a term called Dispatch which sends the action to Reducer. When you place the order your package is shipped to the nearest warehouse to your address. A similar process is carried out in Redux by dispatch.
Now Reducer looks at the action and accordingly does what it needs to do for storing the data in the store. It comprises of switch case state, which is used for storing data and returning updated state value from the store. The value in the store gets updates every time the state shows some fluctuations. The store has the ability to efficiently secure the state and holds the app state as well. This emphasizes the significance of a store enabling the users to keep their state safe and sound.
Why should we use Redux?
A JS library – React, helps to divide the apps into various components but is unable to give an input about the data, state, and how to deal with all the other events. React doesn’t deal with how to manage the state objects, ensuring the only way to fix it is through Redux. The react application data is flowing from parent component to child component. One can send the data from parent components to child components in the form of props. There are too many components to React, which makes it difficult to track the flow of the data from parent to the child components. As such, we use Redux as it has the ability to manage all the states of the components.
Redux also ensures a greater developer experience. With redux, it is possible to isolate store having a state, so all components can get associated with it, to gain required state object from it.
When should we use it?
Below are some of the reasons when we should consider
- Caching page state – When the user is surfing through a page and then when he goes to another page and comes back, the expectation is to have the page in the same state. As reducers initialize and live throughout the session, they can preserve the state of the page.
- State management of the component – Redux is used when we have to manage the state of the components.
- Global components are easily accessible – They have application life enabling snack bars, notifications, tooltips, etc. Redux is of utmost significance when it comes to creating actions for dispatching commands. As an example – If a code generates a request that is asynchronous, it would produce a snack bar action when the request fails with respect to the backend. In situation, where a user is not using Redux, it requires another event system or else it needs to instantiate the snack bar component, whenever it is been in use.
- If there are numerous props associated to a high-end component from which only a few of them are utilized, then they can be considered to refactor with Redux.
- This mostly takes place in wrapper components, which do not require a lot of data or configuration. As such, it is essential to side-chain Redux into a lower-level component in such cases.
- The Same piece of application state needs to be mapped to multiple container components. Redux provides a convenient and best way to share state.
Advantages of Redux
- Central store- With the help of redux any component can access any state from the store. It also preserves the state of the component event after the component is unmounted.
- When the state changes it returns new state and prevents unnecessary re-renders.
- It will benefit in a testing will as it separates UI and data management is separated.
- History of the state is maintained which helps in implementing features like undo.
- Redux makes it easy to debug an application. With the help of redux, it is easy to understand network errors, coding errors, and other forms of bugs.
How this technology help you in carrier growth
React and Angular has gained a lot of popularity among tech companies across the globe as well as India. Everyone who enters the world of React needs to understand how to handle state in the application. Everyone has different reasons for picking up different technologies but learning redux is surely adds benefit to your skillset.
In the above script, we have come up with essential points showcasing the benefits of Redux. It also frames a clear understanding of Redux to the core. If your Project needs a state management tool, Redux is the best option to reap the benefits in the long run.
This has been a guide to What is Redux. Here we discussed the working, career growth, and advantages of Redux. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –