Introduction to LTE Network
LTE is expanded as Long term evolution which is 4G wireless communications to offer a maximum speed of 10x in 3G network operatable in tablets, mobile phones, netbooks, wireless hotspots and notebooks. The focus of LTE is to boost the speed and capacity of wireless data based on digital signal processing and modulations that are executed at the millennium. The significant aim of LTE is to resize and simplify the network architecture with a system based on IP which in turn reduces the latency. The interface of wireless LTE is not compatible with 3G or 2G networks and so it is worked with a distinct radio spectrum.
Why do we use LTE Network?
LTE provides a maximum speed of data transfer and makes the life of mobile and internet users more convenient and also increases the productivity of a person or enterprise. But there are some constraints in the deployment of LTE. LTE doesn’t possess technically the real 4G but some users are paying for this. Verizon indeed has the rapid network which is under LTE coverage but the people have to make a reasonable payment. It is mandatory to update all the tower which requires a huge payment that is collected from the user and if he requires more speed, the user should be a part of a subscription plan.
Based on the requirement and thinking about the necessary installation of LTE, the mobiles should be robust and it keeps on upgrading day by day. Rapid data perpetually implies the amount of larger data where the users try to depend on mobile devices. Faster the transfer of data also affects the device battery which affects the lifetime of the battery. The life of the battery is a hot issue for the mobile users, so the user should select his mobile devices with maximum battery capacity which will make better use of network and device.
How does LTE Network work?
- The process of LTE changes the existing methods of transferring the data into an IP system instead of moving a minor amount of data similar to both GSM and CDMA.
- They also move maximum data packets to regulate and narrow down the service.
- The important point in LTE is to consume the latency at the time of transferring the data.
- The principle of GSM is based on time delay duplex whereas the CDMA is based on code division duplex.
- The coding data of both technologies is transmitted via airwaves.
- At the initial process, the GSM is marked as faster and the globe follows its process and in ages passed by, GSM is upgraded to HSPA which is high-speed packet access which is followed by LTE by transferring the maximum chunks of information at a rapid rate.
- Technicians think that both HSPA and LTE are substitutable terms.
- In Verizon, the location in the US has the widest CDMA carrier is proved to access the robust and rapid LTE network.
- Although, the LTE works on digital signal processing to provide the best adjudicate at the transfer of data packets.
- Covering the entire process of wireless technology, the LTE marks itself as a supercharger for the CDMA or GSM mobile application which is circumference the entire globe.
Features of LTE Network
Given below are the unique features:
- LTE network is also based on OFDMA in the downlink process, which enables multi access by separating the single-channel into a finite set of ortho subcarriers which is spread into groups based on the requirement of each user.
- In the uplink process, the SC-FDMA has used which single carrier of FDMA. But the limitation here is the presence of power fluctuations in the output signals and hence it is mandatory to use the special low efficient linear amplifiers. Because the consumption of power is significant for the uplinks and hence the single-channel FDMA is used. It becomes more effective in power supply which saves and follows the merits of OFDMA.
- Flexibility in the spectrum is an important feature of LTE. The presence of variable regulations in a framework that relies on geographical location of deployment which combines the operation of users, systems, and services which is a mandate to regulate the flexibility in bandwidth that is followed in-band deployment.
- It can operate in both paired FDD and TDD which is unpaired. It enables dynamic spectrum assignments to make better use of the radio spectrum. It is capable of choosing the users in a suitable prerequisite based on a channel condition of every frequency block and time moment. It involves the use of multiple antennas which have polarization diversity.
- It enables MIMO techniques that provide maximum data rate implementing parallel multiple channels. The uplink has power control which improvises the capacity of the system and minimizes the consumption of power. The process of LTE enables inter-cell inference coordination that makes to find the user placed at the different center and manages frequency interference of intercellular devices.
Advantages and Disadvantages of LTE Network
Given below are the advantages and disadvantages:
Below are the advantages:
- The traffic management is highly regulated by implementing LTE and it decreases traffic at data transmission.
- It enables multiple users to work on the same frequency in a particular channel that develops more mobile broadband users.
- It offers rapid transfer of data which leads to maximum upload and download rate.
- If this ratio increases it affects lagging in connection with the internet.
- LTE provides maximum data capacity and aims at voice over IP.
- It supports many applications to work on maximum speed.
- It segregates the frequency in a variety of channels to preserve any occurrence of a disturbance in each channel.
- LTE facilitates SMS and Voice calls in the existing network through generic access.
Below are the disadvantages:
- The limitation of LTE needs the implementation of the antenna at the base station for transmission of data.
- Increases the implementation cost in network infrastructure.
Considering the requirement, LTE should be installed at suitable places to make use of it effectively by overcoming its minor limitations and enjoying its surplus advantages.
This is a guide to What is LTE Network? Here we discuss the introduction to LTE Network, uses, working, features, advantages and disadvantages. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –