What is Full Stack?
The development of both front end and back end applications is called Full Stack. In other words, we could say the development of client and server software is Full Stack. The developer knows to develop the entire application by himself. He writes the front end code in HTML or Java and back end code in Python or Angular. The developer takes care of the security of the application. Full Stack development was originated in 2008.
Application of Full Stack
Full Stack developers should know front end and back end programming, hardware, and their working, Operating System, networks, databases and security of the system. Full Stack development is used in many applications as the developer does not require any dependency with others.
- The developer should know the databases and work on it. The creation and querying of databases are important for the developer which helps him to manage the databases when any problem occurs.
- Since the developer is working in the back end as well, if any breakdown happens he should be able to tackle the problem efficiently with the hardware and Operating System.
- Managing the projects and client communication should be done well by full-stack developer as it is important in the development of the project.
- Application programming should be managed by full-stack developers as APIs should be created and managed using back end programming languages such as Python, Angular, etc.
- Security of the system and applications are important as they can be attacked anytime by ransomware. Developers should know the basics of security in the system.
- The system should be well connected with other systems in the network to work efficiently. Full Stack Developer should have the ideas of networking as well.
Importance of Full Stack
The developer gets updates about new technologies faster than any other developers who work in front end or back end because they know other applications well. Hence they need to update themselves to develop the application. Independent coding can help the developer feel that he is important for the project and he feels motivated. The unique code and coding style helps the client to understand the project well and thus feels the work is not similar to others. Since the developer is well versed in different technologies, the look and feel of the website or whatever they create will be different from others. And they will be able to make every project uniquely. Based on the requirement of the project in the company, the developer can switch between the front end and back end.
Top 9 Types of Server and Client Software
The client is at the receiving end of the service or we can call as end-user. The server provides information needed by the client. The server handles the clients’ requests coming from different systems. There is a server platform that acts as an engine to run the server which forms the base for software or hardware underneath. Types of servers are
1. Proxy Server: The server between the web browser and external server to filter requests and to share connections is called proxy server.
2. Mail Server: Mail servers are important and unavoidable as it stores the mails in the corporate network and over the internet.
4.6 (3,144 ratings)
3. Web Server: This server gives necessary information or files required by users through the internet to the web browser. The communication is done by using HTTP.
4. Application Server: The middleman between the database server and the end-user or the web browser is called an application server.
5. Instant Messaging Server: This is also called real-time communication servers that help users in instant messaging to exchange information.
6. FTP Server: This server helps to move the files between computers with high security to the files. File Transfer Protocol is a traditional internet service.
7. Collaboration Server: This server provides a virtual environment to the users irrespective of the location and thus helps in collaborating the work.
8. List Server: List Servers manage the mailing lists or contact lists of the people to send mails.
9. Catalog Server: The server that maintains a catalog of information about different clients, files, etc. is called a catalog server.
Other servers are file server, communications server, database server, computing server, fax server, media server, sound server and game server.
Advantages of Full Stack
- It is easy to find a job for a Full Stack developer.
- Full Stack developer is good at anything related to application development.
- Full Stack developer can manage the entire application without any dependencies.
- The applications can be made new without any duplication since the developer knows all the applications.
- Experience of the developer helps in the application development in different ways since he/she has worked in different projects either as front end or back end developer.
- Full Stack developer can get a full picture of the application development and design. This helps in the proper management of the project.
- Since Full Stack developers are up-to-date with all technologies, they can make the application or website user-friendly.
- The developers know all levels of the project which helps in communicating with the client properly about the product. Also, they can do the presentations or do the documentations way better than others.
- Troubleshooting of the application can be done easily by a Full Stack developer.
Disadvantages of Full Stack
- One who is an expert in a language will perform better than a Full-Stack developer. Jack of all trades master of none is apt for Full Stack developer.
- Developer can’t learn anything deeply since he/she has to learn everything related to the application.
- The working process can be really slow as the developer has to check himself while handling different languages.
- The developers are difficult to replace, vacation or delegation of work is a long-cherished dream.
Jobs for Full-Stack developers are increasing daily and the salary is also really high. When one prepares to become a Full-Stack developer, he should be prepared to learn many languages, manage the project and communicate with customers effectively.
This is a guide to What is Full Stack?. Here we discuss Top 9 Types of Server and Client Software along with Advantages and Disadvantages. You can also go through our suggested articles to learn more –