Introduction to Back End Developer
The word developer comes with the definition that to create something. In the Computer world, the person who creates software is called a software developer. There is some categorization between the developers. This categorization helps us to identify some particular terms like what position a person belongs to. Some developers are making a website called as a web developer. In this topic, we are going to learn about What is Back end Developer.
Generally, in web development, we have two sides. One is the client-side and the other is the server-side. Client-side referred to as front end developers and server-side referred to as Back end developers. These back end developers are developing server-side logic to serve better. Now, it’s time to look at in-depth knowledge of these buzzwords in IT actually means to us.
What is Back End Development?
A back end developer is a person working on server-side technologies. Who is responsible for making the website work, it focuses on how to interact with the database, writes scripts on server to automate some tasks. It merely focuses on server-side logic to be implemented. It handles data on what to show and what to hide from the client.
The Architecture of Web Development
Here is the Architecture of Web Development with some Roles and Activities of a Back End Developer mention below
1) How does Back End Developer make Working so Easy?
- Maintaining application state and handling the load on the server is the main agenda for back end developers. There are many tasks to maintain at the back end level. Back end developers are responsible for the data available on the client-side. They have a crucial responsibility to restrict what to send at the client-side. With some authentication than it can provide sensitive data.
- If we can take the example of any wallet app. Consider this app directly works with your money. Its main motto is not to waste your money and do secure transactions. While doing transactions at the back end session is handles by server-side programs so there are fewer chances of fraud.
- This wallet app has to ensure that your money will be transfer in some seconds to the receiver without fail. The receiver should be correct. And also they maintain the integrity, suppose you have a low internet connection and you are trying to transfer some amount then if it loses the connection of sudden then it is a back end side responsibility to abort that transaction.
- In recent years we have many trustworthy apps that are built on the strong back end. Back end developers are responsible for handling data securely. To maintain integrity back end developers need to code more robust programs that help to execute the difficult task at client-side more easily.
2) The Roles of a Back End Developer
- Back End Programmers develop web services.
- They are handling multiple requests.
- These people are responsible to integrate the application with multiple technologies.
- They are developing APIs. i.e. Application Programming interface.
- They also create reusable code.
- They concentrate on How to optimize the application response time.
- Communicate with the database. Write the code to fetch and store data with the database.
- Back end developers work in sync with frontend development.
3) Skills Required for a Back End Developer
Back end developers have multiple options to start with. It totally depends on personal interests and project requirements. There are no. of stacks available currently some of them are MEAN stack, MERN stack, etc.
Now let’s talk about what exactly needs the need for the back end. First, you must be knowing back end technologies like Java, PHP, Python thoroughly. And off course the framework related to that programming language. Also, you should be familiar with the database like MySQL, SQL, MongoDB, etc. Back End developers mostly communicate with the database.
If you are new to all these terms, no worries. Try to get familiar with all the buzzwords related to back end technologies. Start with the one stack. Generally, the stack comes with the full stack development which covers the front end as well as back end. Take a programming language in that stack. Be a good programmer by practicing it. After getting an idea about programming look for the database. There are many options available. If you know SQL it will be an added advantage. Try to clear out all the basics. Having clarity with learning is an important aspect. Otherwise, you will learn something with no idea where to go.
4) Why do we need a Back End Developer?
Nowadays, everything got more fast and robust. Checking all the things in real-time and show the exact result to the end-user is very important. Back end mostly deals with the server-side. To give back the correct response to the client is the major part done by a back end developer. These are the once who develop web services.
Providing safe, secure, accurate data within the stipulated time to the client is the main task of back end developers. Data is pulled from the database and send to the client as per the code was written by a back end developer.
In-short back end developers serve the required data to the client as requested. We need back end programmers to fulfill the client request.
5) How this Technology will help you in Career Growth?
- Now, This is the most asked question amongst the people. As everybody knows this era has been using technology rigorously.
- Back End Developers is the one who gets good compensation. They know how to handle server-side programming that means they are handling core parts for any organization.
- Learning back end technology is never-ending. Every new software/application comes in has to handle back end very efficiently.
- Demand on back end developers over the years has been increased exponentially. Companies are willing to pay as much as they can. We can say that if you are thinking to be a back end programmer, then it would be an added advantage to your career growth.
Conclusion – What is a Back End Developer?
Back end development is one of my favorites. Back end programmers have never-ending career growth. If you are a good Programmer at some time you can able to start your own startup also. There are a lot of ways to enter in this technology. Try to surf more about this back end technology, choose your stack and start doing it now.
This is a guide to What is a Back End Developer. Here we discuss the Architecture of Web Development like How does Back End Developer Works, Roles, Skills, and Career Growth. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –