Introduction to Uses of HTML
HTML is used for a web document, internet navigation, etc. In this Uses of HTML article, we shall focus on top USes of HTML.
Top 10 Uses of HTML:
Please find the below sections, where HTML has been used widely and effectively. Below is the list of the top 10 Uses of HTML language.
- Web pages development: HTML is heavily used for creating pages that are displayed on the world wide web. Every page contains a set of HTML tags including hyperlinks which are used for connecting to other pages. Every page that we witness, on the world wide web, is written using a version of HTML code.
- Web document creation: Document creation on the internet is dominated by HTML and its basic concept via tag and DOM i.e. document object model. HTML tags are inserted before and afterward or phrases to locate their format and location on the page. A web document consists of three sections: title, head, and body. Head includes the information to identify the document, including title and any other important keyword. A title can be seen on the browser’s bar and the body section is the main portion of the website visible to the viewer. All three segments are designed and created by the uses of HTML tags. Every section has its own specific set of tags, which are dedicatedly rendered keeping the head, title and body concepts in a loop.
- Internet navigation: This is one of the most important uses of HTML which is revolutionary. This navigation is possible by utilizing the concept of Hypertext. It is basically a text which refers to other web pages or text and when user click on it, would navigate to referenced text or page. HTML is heavily used to embed the hyperlink within the web pages. A user can easily navigate within the web pages and between websites as well, which are located on different servers.
- Responsive images on web pages: At the elementary level in applications of HTML, queries can be set to utilize the images, which are responsive in nature. With the srcset attribute of img element in HTML, and combining it with picture elements, a developer can fully control how the user will render an image. Now different types of an image with size variation can be loaded by using the img element. Rules can be easily set with the picture element, we can declare img element with default source and then for every case, a source can be provided.
- Client-side storage: Earlier, a user could not save the user’s browser data that would persist across sessions. To meet this requirement, server-side infrastructure has to be built or user’s cookies can be used. But with HTML5, client-side storage is feasible using localStorage and IndexDB. These two strategies have their own standards and features. localStorage basically gives string-based hash-table storage. Its API is very simple and provides the developer with setItem, getItem, and removeItem methods. IndexDB, on the other hand, is a larger and better client-side data store. IndexDB database can be expanded with the user’s permission.
- Offline capabilities usage: Once data can be stored in the browser, the developer can think of a strategy to make application work, when a user is disconnected. HTML5 has its application cache mechanism which would define how the browser manages the offline situation. Application cache, responsible for offline ability actually comprises of different components, which includes API methods that create an update, read manifest file and events. By using the certain property in HTML5, a developer can check if the application is online or not. A developer can also specify in website’s application cache manifest file the information like, what browser manages resources for offline use. In the manifest file, resources which are available offline can also be specified.
- Data Entry support with HTML: HTML5 standard and set of APIs can be used to support data entry level of work. As browsers implement new HTML5 standards, developers can simply add the attributes to the tag which indicate required fields, text, data format etc. HTML5 has come up with several new attributes to drive on-screen keyboards, validation, and other data-entry experiences so that end-user can have a better data-entry.
- Native APIs usage to enrich website: HTML5 adds so many new abilities and tools, which was just an imagination in the past. A large set of new APIs regarding file system, Geolocation, drag, and drop, event handling, client-storage etc. are the capabilities which make usage of HTML5 more easier than ever before. Application experience can be enhanced with other APIs like Fullscreen, Visibility and Media Capture. A modern web application has asynchronous nature which can be fostered using Websockets and Web workers like APIs.
Conclusion – Uses of HTML
HTML is more complicated with its latest set of elements, and a large set of APIs. Anyone who can grasp the basic concept is to a good start. Gone are the days, when HTML was synonymous with the usage of a certain set of elements, tags, and their attributes. With HTML5, a developer has a lot of potential good tools and APIs in their arsenal, which can make its contemporary technologies lag behind. Usage is HTML is wide-spread and has become more sophisticated than ever before. It’s the developer’s ability to put applications of HTML concept in real-time usage.
This has been a guide to uses of HTML language. Here we have discussed the Different Uses of HTML like game development, Responsive images on web pages, web page development etc. You may also look at the following article to learn more –
- Uses of CSS | Top 10 important Uses of CSS
- Uses Of Machine Learning
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Use Angular JS
- Uses of Selenium
- Various HTML List Styles
All in One Software Development Bundle (600+ Courses, 50+ projects)
4.5 (1,733 ratings)
600+ Online Courses
Python Certification Course
Become a Complete iOS Developer
Programming Languages Courses