Uses Of Machine Learning
Machine learning can be referred to as the AI (artificial intelligence) application or algorithm with the help of which the software applications to be more accurate without being explicitly programmed. It also provides the system ability to automatically learn and improve from the experience. It is mainly used to build algorithms that can receive input data and use statistical analysis to predict the output. In Machine learning, the processes are similarly involved as data mining.
Machine learning has mainly focused on computer programs development, which is used to access the data and learn. The machine learning name came into existence in 1959 and it was given by Arthur Samuel. It mainly evolved the study of patterns, computation learning theory, data analytics, predictive analytics, etc. It is being widely used in applications of today’s world. The example is, News feed is the prime example of using machine learning to personalize each user or member’s feed.
Uses Of Machine Learning
There are limitless applications of machine learning and there are a lot of machine learning algorithms are available to learn. They are available in every form from simple to highly complex. Top 10 Uses of machine learning are as follows:
- Image recognition: The image recognition is one of the most common uses of machine learning applications. It can also be referred to as a digital image and for these images, the measurement describes the output of every pixel in an image. The face recognition is also one of the great features that have been developed by machine learning only. It helps to recognize the face and send the notifications related to that to people.
- Voice recognition: Machine learning (ML) also helps in developing the application for voice recognition. It also referred to as virtual personal assistants (VPA). It will help you to find the information when asked over the voice. After your question, that assistant will look out for the data or the information that has been asked by you and collect the required information to provide you with the best answer. There are many devices available in today’s world of Machine learning for voice recognition that is Amazon echo and googles home is the smart speakers. There is one mobile app called Google allo and smartphones are Samsung S8 and Bixby.
- Predictions: Machine learning helps in building the applications that predict the price of cab or travel for particular duration and congestion of traffic where can be found. While booking the cab and the app estimates the approximate price of the trip that is done by the uses of machine learning only. When do we use GPS service to check the route from source to destination, the app will show us the various ways to go and check the traffic on that moment for the lesser number of vehicles and where the congestion of traffic is more that is done or retrieved by the uses of machine learning application.
- Videos Surveillance: It helps to detect the crime or any miss happening that is going to happen before it happens. It helps in tracking the unusual behavior of people like napping on benches and standing still from a long time, stumbling etc. and it will create an automatic alert to the guards or people who all are posted there and they can help to avoid any issues or problems.
- Social Media platforms: social media is being used for providing better news feed and advertisement as per the user’s interest are mainly done through the uses of machine learning only. There are many examples like friend suggestions, page suggestions for Facebook, songs, and videos suggestion on YouTube. Machine learning mainly works on the straightforward concept on the basis of the user’s experience, with which they are getting connected and visit the profiles or websites very often, suggestions are providing to the user accordingly. It also provides the technique to extract the useful information from images and videos
- Spam and Malware: Email clients use a number of spam filtering and these spam filters are continuously getting updated and these are mainly done by the uses of machine learning. Rule-based, multi-layer and tree induction are some of the techniques that are provided by machine learning. Similarly, a number of malware are detected and these are detected mainly by the system security programs that is mainly helped by machine learning only.
- Customer support: Most of the reputed companies or many websites provides the option to chat with a customer support representative. So, after asking any query by the customer, it is not compulsory that answer is given by the human only, sometimes the answers are given by the chatbot which extracts the information from the website and provides the answer to customers. Now they are better and understand the queries quickly and faster and also provides a good result by giving appropriate result and it is done by the uses of machine learning only.
- Search Engine: There are search engines available while searching to provide the best results to customers. There are many machine learning algorithms created for searching the particular user query like for google. Whatever the page is being opened by the users for the particular topic frequently that will remain at the top of the page for a long time.
- Applications/Companies: There are many applications and companies that used machine learning for doing their day to day process as it is being more accurate and precise than manual interventions. These companies are Netflix, facebook, google maps, Gmail, Google search etc.
- Fraud and preference: Machine learning is being used by the companies to keep the track of money laundering like Paypal. It uses the set of tools to help them to check or compare the millions of transactions and make secure transactions.
Conclusion – Uses Of Machine Learning
Machine learning is referred to as one of the great things in the field of artificial intelligence. Machine learning helps a lot to work in your day to day life as it makes the work easier and accessible. Most of the organizations are using applications of machine learning and investing in it a lot of money to make the process faster and smoother. It is one of the widely used and adopted language or technology in today’s world.
This has been a guide to Uses of Machine learning in the real world. Here we have discussed the Different applications of Machine learning like Prediction, image recognition, voice recognition, etc. You may also look at the following article to learn more –
- Uses of Angular JS
- 10 Best Uses Of Photoshop In Real World
- Uses Of Raspberry Pi
- Top 15 Useful Uses of Matlab In Real World
- Matlab and Octave
All in One Data Science Bundle (360+ Courses, 50+ projects)
4.7 (2,649 ratings)
360+ Online Courses
Data Scientist Course
Data Science with Python Course
Machine Learning Course
Hadoop Certification Training
R Programming Course