Introduction to Uses of Angular JS
- Angular JS was created in 2009 as a side project by two developers, Misko Hevery and Adam Abrons. The two had originally started the project to build an end-to-end tool that allowed web designers to interact with both the frontend and the backend.
- Angular JS follows the MVC structure. We all know MVC stands for Model View Controller and is one of the popular software design patterns for developing web applications.
Now there comes a question that what is Model View and Controller actually represents in Angular JS.
Model − It is the lowest level of the pattern responsible for maintaining data.
Controller –It is the components and directives. We will discuss this in later sections.
View – The template (HTML) processed by Angular and the browser comes under the view.
Angular JS has many features that we are going to discuss later in the section. Out of its many features, features like data binding and dependency injection eliminate much of the code currently one has to write without using Angular JS and it all happens within the browser, which makes it an ideal partner with any server technology.
A pictorial representation of some important parts of Angular JS.
Features and uses of Angular JS
There are several benefits of using Angular JS. Please find the below sections, where Angular JS has been used widely and effectively. Below is the list of top uses:
Directives are markers on DOM elements (such as elements, attributes, CSS, and more). It has a set of built-in directives which offers functionality to your applications. We can also create our own directives in Angular JS.
Some of the built-in directives are as follows:
ng-app, ng-init, ng-model.
It is the synchronization between the model and the view. ng-bind and ng-model directives provide the functionality of data-binding.
These are objects that refer to the model.
Note: if we make a controller and an argument to be passed, it is possible with a $scope. Then only the view (HTML) gets access to these properties.
A service is a function, or object, that comes with Angular JS. We can also make out service for the application of Angular JS. The scope of the service is limited to the application.
There are almost 30 inbuilt services available with Angular JS.
$location: It is nothing but an alternative to “widow.location” what we do in HTML.
$http: It makes a request to the server, and lets the application handle the response.
Let’s move to another uses:
- Filters: Filters are used in Angular JS to format data. We can also create our own filters by registering a new filter factory function with your module. Followings are few filters provided: currency, date, filter, json, limitTo, lowercase, number, orderBy, uppercase.
- Templates: It provides the viewer with information from the controller and model.
- Routing: It helps to switch views. In Angular JS application with ngRoute modules helps the application to switch to different pages without loading the entire application.
- Model View: As it is already explained above that Model the lowest level of the pattern responsible for maintaining data and View represents the template (HTML) processed by the angular application and the browser.
- Deep Linking: It allows encoding the state of an application in the URL so that it can be bookmarked. The application can then be restored from the URL to the same state
- Dependency Injection: Dependency Injection is a software designing pattern which deals with how components get hold of their dependencies. In Angular JS, injector subsystem is responsible for creating the component, resolving their dependencies and providing the dependencies to other components as required.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Angular JS
Below are the advantages and disadvantages:
It has the following are the few advantages:
- Simple and Improved Design Architecture.
- DOM manipulation.
- Lesser code to write.
- Improve Development Efficiency.
- Code Reusability.
- A code is Unit Testable.
- Allow Dependency Injection.
- Two-way data binding.
- Ability to create custom directives.
- Provision for filters.
Following are the few disadvantages which one should keep in mind:
- Not Secure. Server-side authentication and authorization are required to keep the application secure.
- Difficulty in learning.
So we have learned uses of Angular JS and some basics information. We have also come across its few of the many parts of it, which help us to learn some knowledge about it. We have also come across its pros and cons of it which one should keep in mind which choosing Angular JS for the application. It is one of the trending market technologies in today’s world.
This has been a guide to Uses of Angular JS in the real world. Here we have discussed the Different features and uses of Angular JS, advantages of Angular JS, and its disadvantages. You may also look at the following article to learn more –