Uses of C++ – Introduction
C++ is a programming language, which has imperative and object-oriented features. It is also referred to as middle-level programming language. It is developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell labs since 1979. It has first appeared in the year 1985. It is compiled, general-purpose, statically typed, case sensitive and free-form programming language. It supports procedural, object-oriented and generic programming. It is having a rich standard library with a rich set of functions manipulating files and methods manipulating data structures etc.
C++ is widely used among the programmers or developers mainly in an application domain. It contains the important parts including the core language providing all the required building blocks including variable, data types, literals etc. It supports object-oriented programming including its features like Inheritance, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, and Abstraction. These concepts make the C++ language different and mostly in use for developing the applications easily and conceptualized.
Uses of C++ :-
There are several benefits of using C++ for developing applications and many applications product based developed in this language only because of its features and security. Please find the below sections, where uses of C++ has been widely and effectively used. Below is the list of top 10 uses of C++.
- Applications: It is used for development of new applications of C++. The applications based on graphic user interface, which are highly used applications like adobe photoshop and others. Many applications of Adobe systems are developed in C++ like Illustrator, adobe premiere and image ready and Adobe developers are considered as active in the C++ community.
- Games: This language is also used for developing games. It overrides the complexity of 3D games. It helps in optimizing the resources. It supports multiplayer option with networking. uses of C++ allows procedural programming for intensive functions of CPU and to provide control over hardware, and this language is very fast because of which it is widely used in developing different games or in gaming engines. C++ mainly used in developing the suites of a game tool.
- Animation: There are animated software’s, which are developed with help of C++ language. 3D animation, modeling, simulation, rendering software are referred to as the powerful toolset. It is widely used in building real-time, image processing, mobile sensor applications, and visual effects, modeling which is mainly coded in C++. This developed software used for animation, environments, motion graphics, virtual reality, and character creation. Virtual real devices are the most popular in today’s entertainment world.
- Web Browser: This language is used for developing browser’s as well. C++ is used for making Google Chrome, and Mozilla Internet browser Firefox. Some of the applications are written in C++, from which Chrome browser is one of them and others are like a file system, the map reduces large cluster data processing. Mozilla has other application also written in C++ that is email client Mozilla Thunderbird. C++ is also a rendering engine for the open source projects of Google and Mozilla.
- Database Access: This language is also used for developing database software or open source database software. The example for this is MySQL, which is one of the most popular database management software and widely used in organizations or among the developers. It helps in saving time, money, business systems, and packaged software. There are other database software access based applications used that are Wikipedia, Yahoo, youtube etc. The other example is Bloomberg RDBMS, which helps in providing real-time financial information to investors. It is mainly written in C++, which makes database access fast and quick or accurate to deliver information regarding business and finance, news around the world.
- Media Access: C++ is also used for creating a media player, managing video files and audio files. The example is Winamp Media player, which is developed in C++ language, which allows us to enjoy music, access and share the videos and music files. It also has features like art support, streaming of audio and video. It also provides access to Internet radio stations.
- Compilers: Most of the compilers mainly written in C++ language only. The compilers that are used for compiling other languages like C#, Java etc. mainly written in C++ only. It is also used in developing these languages as well as C++ is platform independent and able to create a variety of software.
- Operating Systems: It is also used for developing most of the operating systems for Microsoft and few parts of Apple operating system. Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, office, Internet Explorer and visual studio, Symbian mobile operating systems are mainly written in C++ language only.
- Scanning: The applications like film scanner or camera scanner are also developed in C++ language. It has been used for developing PDF technology for print documentation, exchanging document, archiving the document and publish the documents as well.
- Other Uses: it is used for medical and engineering applications, Computer-aided design systems. These applications are like MRI scans machines, CAM systems that are mainly used in hospitals, local, state and national government, and other departments for construction and mining etc. applications of C++ is considered as a first preferred language to use among the developer when performance is considered for any developing application.
Conclusion – Uses of C++
C++ is the language which is used everywhere but mainly in systems programming and embedded systems. Here system programming means for developing the operating systems or drivers that interface with Hardware. Embedded system means things that are automobiles, robotics, and appliances. C++ is having higher or rich community and developers, which helps in the easy hiring of developers and online solutions easily.
Uses of C++ is referred to as the safest language because of its security and features. It is the first language for any developer to start, who is interested in working in programming languages. It is easy to learn, as it is pure concept based language. Its syntax is very simple, which makes it easy to write or develop and errors can be easily replicated. Before using any other language, programmers preferred to learn C++ first and then they used other languages. But most of the developers try to stick with C++ only because of its wide variety of usage and compatibility with multiple platforms and software.
This has been a guide to Uses of C++ in the real world. Here we have discussed the Different Uses of C++ like games, animation, web browsers, etc. You may also look at the following article to learn more –