Introduction to Top PHP Frameworks
PHP Frameworks provides the basic structure/structures for streamlining web apps development. We will use PHP frameworks because they help you in the coding process by speeding the development of the program/project process.
PHP frameworks will help and helping businesses by fulfilling their needs for websites and applications like responsiveness and the performance needs like speed, control capability of the application/website. So you can hope that PHP frameworks are the better tools to win attention and popularity in the future and the present too. PHP frameworks will make the code well-organized and well reusable.
Top 10 Frameworks in PHP
The PHP frameworks are listed based on the application/website development facilitation and also based on popularity.
Let’s see the Top 10 PHP frameworks are given below.
1. Laravel PHP Framework
Laravel Framework is actually released/introduced in 2011. It is the most popular framework which is free to use in the whole world. It is the best framework that can handle even the most complex websites/ web applications securely even when compared with all the other frameworks. It is open-source and also simplifies the development process by easing sessions, routing, authentication and caching, etc.
Why we should use Laravel?
- Laravel is good at speed and security along with good expressiveness. It is good to build b2b web applications.
- Laravel is with full of features to customize even the complex web apps. Security, MVC architecture support, data migration, routing, authentication, viewing the template engine and many are the features of this PHP framework.
- It helps a lot even to build the complex backend requirements to make the web building an easier task than before.
2. CodeIgniter PHP Framework
CodeIgniter framework package is well known for its simple footprint ( it is about only 2 MB in size even with the whole documentation). It is suitable to build/develop dynamic websites with its prebuilt modules.
Why we should use CodeIgniter Framework?
- CodeIgniter framework is very lightweight(only 2MB in size) and its installation is hassle-free even when compared with the other PHP frameworks.
- CodeIgniter is the best framework for beginners.
- Its features include inbuilt security tools, MVC architecture, excellent documentation and the top-notch error handling feature.
- CodeIgniter’s performance of handling is always well with faster responses. It is good to use to develop lightweight web apps/programs. Its security is a little low if you want more security for your web application.
3. CakePHP Framework
CakePHP introduced in the 2000s and still, it is awesome with its performance with its CRUD framework (Create, Read, Update and Delete). It helps you to build feature-loaded websites with extraordinary visual impressiveness.
Why we should use CakePHP Framework?
- CakePHP is good for building commercial web applications because it provides good level security from SQL injection, input validations, XSS (Cross-Site Scripting ), CSRF (Cross-site request forgery ), etc.
- It is simple and easy to install. It just needs a web server along with its framework installation.
- Its key features include proper class inheritance, fast builds, security, validation and modern framework along with many support portals and the premium support of CakePHP corporation.
4. Symfony PHP Framework
Symfony framework is very reliable and even we can call it a mature platform. It is well versed in the extensive PHP MVC framework.
Why we should use Symfony?
- The Symfony framework is a good choice to build large scale web applications/projects.
- It is easy to install on many platforms
- Symfony allows with some other vendor libraries for integration
- It is stable and also complies with many best design patterns and the best web practices. It even boasts an engine-independence database.
- It has the capacity to integrate with other big projects like Drupal. Symfony and Laravel appear like twins due to their unique features but the Laravel framework focuses on simplicity even for ones who are not yet advanced in developing.
5. Yii PHP Framework
The name of the framework “Yii” stands for “ Yes, it is ”. It is a component-based framework that helps to develop modern-day web apps. Due to this, it’s called the Universal Web Programming PHP Framework. It is also built with high performance.
Why we should use Yii Framework?
- Yii is easy to install. It is highly securable. It helps to secure secret e-commerce projects/apps, CMS, portals, forums, etc.
- It is at full speed along with the performance. It helps developers to avoid high complexity.
- It has many experts, developing teams to develop the framework for its/users’ future. You will always even if you raise any complaints regarding the framework and everything.
- It is extensible.
6. Phalcon PHP Framework
It is written in C & C++ programming language and introduced into the world in 2012. This framework also helps you in learning c programming language due to its c language compatibility.
Why we should use Phalcon?
- Phalcon framework is easy to install and it is well suitable to develop high configurable web apps/projects by fulfilling all the enterprise development guidelines
- Universal autoloader, Execution speed, Top security, Asset management and caching are the main key features of it.
- Phalcon framework can optimize the performance based on its efficient memory utilization. If you want to develop a great blazing fast website, just try Phalcon once.
- It is a little low in security terms.
7. Zend PHP Framework
It’s a complete object-oriented PHP framework. It’s built on agile methodology to develop the most high-quality web applications to the enterprise clients. It’s best to add project-specific functionalities.
Why we should use Zend?
- The Zend PHP framework is the best framework for the most complex and enterprise-level projects. Many IT professionals, departments and departments will prefer this framework.
- Some of the features in Zend include Simple cloud API, MVC components, session management, and data encryption, etc.
- It has the capability of integrating external libraries. It has a huge community base.
8. FuelPHP Framework
It is a full-stack PHP framework along with its flexibleness. It is released in 2011. Just like most of the other frameworks, it is also well equipped with MVC architecture design patterns along with its own hierarchical model controller (HMVC). In this framework, content doesn’t need to duplicate to show on multiple pages so that it will consume less memory and time.
Why we should use FuelPHP?
- It is the best platform to deliver end to end web app solutions.
- HMVC implementation, URL routing system, RESTful implementation, caching system, and vulnerability protection are the key features.
- It is great for security reasons. I can say that it is beyond ordinary security measures of most of the frameworks.
9. Slim PHP Framework
It is another micro-framework that helps to develop Powerful Web Apps and APIs.
Why we should use Slim?
- The slim framework is easy to learn. Many PHP developers use the Slim framework to develop web services and RESTful APIs.
- HTTP caching, URL routing, cookie encryption, session are the key features.
- Best framework to build small-size web apps that don’t require a full-stack PHP framework.
10. PHPixie PHP Framework
PHPixie framework is introduced in 2012 like FuelPHP. It is also somewhat similar to FuelPHP. It is also well equipped with HMVC design pattern. PHPixie preferred to read-only websites with its high performance.
Why we should use PHPixie?
- It is best to build social networking websites, web app development services and also for well-customized web applications.
- ORM (Object Relational Mapping), HMVC architecture, authorization capabilities, caching, input validation and authentication are the key features.
- You can use without the framework itself due to its independent components. It is new and has little low support for the components due to the low populated community of it.
This is a guide to Top PHP Frameworks. Here we discuss the top 10 frameworks in PHP which include Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, FuelPHP, etc along with the respective uses. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –