Difference between Laravel vs Zend:
Laravel is a PHP framework for web development which is open source and is also free to use and was created by Taylor Otwell. It was based on MVC (Model View Controller) architectural design pattern. It is primarily being used for the development of web applications. It was licensed under MIT license. It was initially released in the year June 2011. It was completely written in PHP programming language.
Zend is a PHP is a web application based framework which is object-oriented based and open source and free to use along with PHP programming based web applications. It was licensed under New BSD License. It is based on MVC (Model View Controller) and in combination with Front Controller design pattern which delegates the requests based on a single controller class. It was initially released in the year 2006.
Laravel is easy to use and to understand. It is a robust MVC framework for web application development in PHP. Laravel provides a rich set of functionalities for the development with latest features. The security features on Laravel are very good in the case of web security where the web attacks are prevalent.
Zend framework is usually based on multiple packages and contains a package dependency manager to organize the dependencies easily. It supports cross-platform operating systems.
Laravel vs Zend Infographics
Below is the top 9 difference between Laravel vs Zend :
Key Differences between Laravel vs Zend:
Both Laravel vs Zend are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Laravel vs Zend :
- Laravel is a full stack web application framework that packages or supports a lot of third party tools and frameworks whereas Zend is a PHP based MVC framework which is used to develop a web application that mainly concentrates on scalability and stability of the application.
- Laravel requires different kinds of configuration for the server and other tools to be used along with the application whereas Zend has features such as Event-driven, MVVM, MVC, dependency injection, restful web services, service locators, and different databases support.
- Laravel has features of clean architecture, open source, growing community, a dependency injection only available framework for PHP whereas Zend is an MVC framework which is the main configuration over convention.
- Laravel can be integrated with different more number of tools compared to Lumen whereas Zend supports different databases integration such as DB2, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, SQLite etc.
- Laravel performance will be good in the case of SQL queries and tuning the database from the application level whereas Zend framework’s performance declines in the case of SQL queries and is very less compared to the Laravel.
- Laravel has different specifications in the case of ORM framework which is eloquent and Blade being the default template engine which was written in PHP completely whereas Zend has ORM specifications which were called Propel or Doctrine.
- Laravel has own command line interface which is built in along with framework whereas Zend has CLI tool called Command Line tool in its framework.
- Laravel has an excellent built-in object-relational mapping framework whereas Zend is also having ORM frameworks.
- Laravel is good for building Restful APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) whereas Zend is also having Restful Web Services API within its framework.
- Laravel has a good documentation to work on and initialize the project kick-off whereas Zend has different template languages such as Smarty, Twig or PHP.
- Laravel is easier to integrate authentication with the application whereas Zend has authentication feature but not authorization.
- Laravel handles the event queuing easily whereas Zend has an event manager package to be run.
- Laravel has a powerful template system whereas Zend has powerful template languages support.
- Laravel has a steep learning curve to master the framework whereas Zend has a hard learning curve and takes time to implement.
- Laravel has poor performance and speed compared to Zend whereas Zend improves application performance and provides a good response for the server request.
- Laravel has a Symfony framework which can be used to create Symfony Components where as Zend is also a framework that is a counterpart to the Symfony framework.
Head to Head Comparison between Laravel vs Zend
Here are some of the Comparison between Laravel vs Zend –
|The basis Of Comparison Between Laravel vs Zend||
|Definition||It is an MVC based full stack web application framework.||It is a PHP based MVC framework for a web application that maintains stability and scalability.|
|Usage||It is PHP based full stack web framework.||It is also a PHP based MVC framework.|
|Integration||It supports integration and usage along with PHP programming language.||It supports integration by adding packages using package dependency manager.|
|Platform||It supports any operating systems or platforms.||It supports cross-platform operating systems.|
|Requests||It handles less requests per second compared to Lumen.||It handles less number of requests per second compared to Laravel.|
|Community||It has a smaller community compared to Angular.||It has a larger community and many individual contributors from Zend technologies.|
|License||It was licensed under MIT license.||It was also licensed under MIT.|
|Response Time||Response time is high for Laravel compared to Lumen.||Response time is less compared to Laravel.|
|Speed||Laravel works less speeder compared to Lumen.||Zend is all about the stability and scalability rather than speed factor.|
Conclusion – Laravel vs Zend
Zend vs Laravel both are PHP based web application frameworks for modern mobile, web and desktop applications and they support different third-party tools or application integration and Zend is open source and has poor community support but high performance enabling features whereas the Laravel has a large user base and great community support with high individual contributors. The choice should be Laravel in the case of community support and standard features and many third-party tools multiple integration tools. Laravel has inbuilt Auth0 integration feature whereas Zend does not have the same.
Laravel is stable and requires more learning compared to Zend and is recommended in the case of smaller applications that does not need performance and requires security of the application whereas Zend can be preferred in the case of the application performance, stability and scalability maintenance irrespective of the features and integration facilities which can be improved using different other components and efficient techniques.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Laravel vs Zend. Here we also discuss the Zend vs Laravel key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more