Introduction To Software Testing Interview Questions and Answer
Software Testing is the process of testing a system and its component(s) with a requirement of the end-users, whether it is working as per the requirement or not. In this whole process testers do the testing of the system with end user’s requirements, in the case of if the software does not work as per the end-users requirement, testers raise the bug, which has been fixed by a developer to meet the end user’s requirement. It is called a process of analyzing a software item, to find out a difference between an actual requirement and developed requirement. In this process, we find out the defect and fixed them.
Below are the 10 important Software Testing Interview Questions and Answers:
If you are looking for a job which is related to Software Testing then you need to prepare for the 2019 Software Testing Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important Software Testing Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
These questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – Software Testing Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Software Testing Interview Questions And Answers.
1. In Software Testing Explain Quality Assurance and Quality Control?
Quality Assurance comes in process-oriented activities. It is used to ensure the prevention of defects in the process or methodology used to make Software Application. It is used to prevent the defect after whole application development.
4.5 (866 ratings)
Quality Control comes in product-oriented activities. It executes the script logic to identify the defects, bugs in the Software Application.
2. Explain the following terms Audit, Inspection, and Debugging?
Audit − It is a well-planned systematic process to determine the testing process is conducted within an organization. it is independent of the processes involved during the testing of a software in the company. It is a review of documented processes which is used in the company. Types of the audit include Internal Audit, Legal Compliance Audit and System Audit.
Inspection – It is formal evaluation technique in which software requirements codes; designs are examined in more detail by a person or a group other than the developer of software to detect defects, violations of development standards or any other problems. It is a way to formal or informal review s of any developed artifact technically by identifying any defects or gap.
Debugging – It is processed to find out the root cause of the bug. It is performed by a software developer. IDE is used to perform the debugging where the developer run the software in debugging mode and go into code line by line to find out the exact root cause of the bug
3. Explain the white box testing how many types of white box testing and what are the steps of white box testing?
In White box test cases selected based on an analysis of the internal structure of the system and its subcomponents, it includes Code coverage, paths coverage, condition coverage branches coverage etc.
- Decision Coverage
- Statement Coverage
Steps of the white box testing are given below.
- Verify the flow of system’s and its components structure according to the document specification
- Verify broken paths in the code
- Verify the security holes in the code
- Verify the expected outputs
- Testing of the conditional loops in the code to ensure the complete working functionality of the software application.
- The software is tested line by line to ensure the 100% coverage of testing
Let us move to the next Software Testing Interview Questions And Answers.
4. Explain the black box testing? What is the different type of black box testing exists in software industries?
This is the most common Software testing question which is asked in an interview. The functionality of the software application is tested in black-box testing. Black box testing is the software testing methodology in which software is tested without knowing the how It is implemented, how the code is flowing, how is the internal structure, what code has been written for a particular functionality. The different type of black-box testing techniques are given below
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Cause-effect graphing
- Boundary value analysis
5. Explain the differences between static and dynamic testing?
Static testing: In static testing, code execution does not perform, it is done by testing documentation
Dynamic testing: In dynamic testing, a code is executed to perform the testing.
Part 2 – Software Testing Interview Questions (Advanced)
This part covers advanced Software Testing Interview Questions and Answers
6. What are the tables in test plans?
Test plan document contains following things Scope, Test design, test strategies, and many other details.
- Test strategy & Test approach
- Test case identifier
- Features to be tested
- Test deliverables
- Risk and Contingencies
- Staffing and training
- Features not to be tested
7. What is the difference between System testing and User Acceptance Testing?
System Testing: In this type of testing, the software application undergoes from the start stage until the end. It is a way to find the defects when the system undergoes testing including all the component at the same time, that’s why it is known as an end to end testing.
User Acceptance Testing: It involves running an application software by a sequence of specific tests cases which determines whether the software will meet the needs of its users’ requirements.
Let us move to the next Software Testing Interview Questions And Answers.
8. Explain the difference between test cases, test scenarios, and test script?
Test Cases: it is a document of test cases to be executed it is created an earlier stage of software development.
Test Scenarios: Test scenarios are prepared in an earlier stage of the software testing; it includes many things like plans for the testing product, environmental condition, and a number of team members, making test plans, making test cases and all the features that are to be tested for the application.
Test Script: It is written in programming language dependents on the requirement and in simple term, it is a program which going to test part of the functionality of the software system or subsystem.
9. What is the testing type and what is the testing type?
To get the desired test result a standard procedure and steps are followed which is called as Testing Type.
Commonly used testing types are
- Agile Testing: It is a way of testing by the Agile technique
- API Testing: Different testing APIs created for the application
- Unit Testing: It is the testing of a small bock of the code of an application
- Install/ Uninstall Testing: Testing done from the point of end-users’ requirement
- Integration Testing: All the Individual small modules are combined then tested
- System Testing: it Is the whole testing of the system.
10. Explain the difference between the Traceability matrix and the Test matrix?
Traceability Matrix: It is mapping between customer requirements and test cases.
Test Matrix: It is used to a grape effort, actual quality, resources the plan and time required to capture all phases of software application testing.
This has been a guide to the list of Software Testing Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Software Testing Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top Software Testing Interview Questions which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –