Introduction to Mobile Testing Interview Questions and Answers
The testing done for the application software developed for handheld mobile devices is called mobile application testing. The devices are tested for functionality, consistency, and usability. The testing can be automated or manual. Two types of testing are device testing and application testing. Device testing tests only handheld devices. Application testing tests the applications inside the devices. Testing makes sure that the applications can be used on different platforms and at different levels. Testing is done in various locations and with different network conditions. A global community of testers is available to test different applications of mobile devices.
Part 1 -Mobile Testing Interview Questions(Basic)
This first part covers basic MS SQL Interview Questions and Answers.
1. Define Mobile Testing?
The testing done either for devices or applications inside the mobile devices is called mobile testing.
2. Explain Mobile Application testing?
The applications inside the device are tested for its functionality, usability and consistency, usage in different locations and different network conditions and availability. This is called mobile application testing.
3. How is the Mobile device tested?
The hardware devices are verified and validated along with built-in software applications. Troubleshooting is done for mobile applications, contents, and services. And hence the testing is carried out.
4. What are the different features for which Mobile application is tested?
The application is tested for its functionality, consistency, network conditions, usability, reliability, operational mode, efficiency, adaptability, and speed at the operational level.
5. How is Mobile Testing done?
Mobile testing can be done automatically and manually. Automated testing tests the applications in the device while manual testing tests the user experience of using the device.
6. What are the two kinds of Automation Testing done in the mobile world?
Object-based and image-based automation testing is done. Some of the object-based tools are Jama solution, Ranorex. Routinbot, EggPlant is image-based testing tools.
7. Name some Automated Testing Tools.
Experitest, Appium, Kobiton, Sendroid, MonkeyRunner, Calabash, Testingbot are some tools.
8. What tests are generally performed at the application level?
Function testing, Integration testing, Unit testing, System Testing, and Operation testing is generally performed.
9. What are the types of Mobile Application Testing?
Usability testing, compatibility testing, services testing, interface testing, low-level resource testing, performance testing, and security testing. Installation testing is done to check the installation capability of the device with the application.
10. What are the types of Mobile applications?
The three types are native, web and hybrid applications. Whatsapp, Facebook is to name a few native applications that can be installed and run in your devices. The applications run from mobile web browsers such as m.facebook.com, m.gmail.com are called web applications. The combination of both native and web applications is called hybrid applications. Flipkart, Amazon can be run using a web or offline using CSS or HTML5 technologies.
Part 2 –Mobile Testing Interview Questions
Let us now have a look at the advanced MS SQL Interview Questions and Answers.
11. While doing Application Testing, how the networks are taken into consideration?
All major networks such as 4G, 3G, 2G, and Wi-Fi are considered during application testing. It is better to consider slow networks while doing application testing so that the application performance can be tracked easily.
12. Is there any criterion while performing a Sanity Test in a mobile application?
Yes, sanity testing is carried out in specific steps. First, the application is installed and uninstalled. The application availability in different networks is tested. Various functionalities of the application are tested. Interrupt testing is done to test the availability of application while receiving calls. Compatibility testing is carried out. The application is tested in different handsets. Negative testing is also done in the end to verify the behavior of the handset while entering the wrong credentials.
13. How can we test the screen size of different Mobile devices?
Mobile emulation tools help to use mobile applications in different screen sizes and resolutions.
14. Give the differences between the emulator and simulator.
Emulator recreates the environment and tests the applications in that environment. Simulator behaves like is indifferent environment and tests the application similar to that environment.
15. What is cloud-based Mobile Testing?
Developers and testers from around the world are connected and communicated via the internet about various mobile applications. Testing is done in a virtual environment for different applications. Different devices are available for testers virtually which in fact reduces the cost of mobile testing. All the functionalities can be tested on different devices.
16. What are the benefits of cloud-based Mobile Testing?
- The user gets the choice of various devices
- Parallel testing is done
- The cloud environment is secure
- Availability and easy access
- Tools are accessed from anywhere in the world
17. Why do Mobile numbers have 10 digits?
The numbers are made 10 digits so that each user in our country has a unique mobile number one at a time.
18. What are the common bugs in Mobile testing?
The critical bug occurs when the phone crashes while the application is installed in the device. Block is though the phone is on; it is not possible to do anything unless the phone is restarted. A major bug is identified when the phone is not able to function properly. The minor bug occurs when the user interface doesn’t work properly.
19. How end to end Mobile Testing is carried out?
- Application is installed
- Application is launched without mobile network
- Application is uninstalled
- Application performance is measured
- Application response is tested
20. Explain the criteria for selecting an Automation Tool for Mobile testing?
- Whether the tool supports OS updates.
- How long the tool takes to support the new OS
- Whether the tool supports multi-platform.
- Different scripts can be used or not
21. How to decide between Automated and Manual testing?
Manual testing is done if the application has new functionality and the testing is done only once or twice. Automated testing is done when the testing is repeated and there are complex scenarios.
Some mobile testing tools are easy to learn. Appium is a codeless automation tool and is user-friendly. Jobs in this field are plenty as the usage of mobile phones is increasing day by day. Jobs in this field are plenty as the usage of mobile phones is increasing day by day. Proper focus and preparation help to bag the job.
This has been a guide to Mobile Testing Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Mobile Testing Interview Questions easily. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –