Introduction to Cloud Computing Interview Questions and Answer
Cloud Computing is the on-demand delivery of computing services like a server, storage, software etc through a cloud services platform via Internet i.e. the cloud and organization which offer this services are known as cloud provider e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon- AWS, etc. Below are some of the top Cloud Computing Interview Questions to help in the technical interview.
Following is the list of Cloud Computing Interview Questions that are mostly asked in an interview
1. What is Cloud and Cloud Computing?
Cloud: A cloud is a term comprised of hardware, storage, services, and interfaces which helps in providing computing as a service from a remote location it has three kinds of users:
•Cloud Service Provider
•Business Management Users
Cloud Computing: Cloud computing is defined as on-demand delivery of computing power, database storage, applications, and other IT resources through a cloud services platform via the internet so that cloud delivers service worldwide.
A user can manipulate, configure, and access the hardware and software resources remotely in cloud computing.
2. What are the different service models for cloud computing?
There are different kinds of cloud service model below are three major models, a different business using some or all of these models as per the requirement:
1. Software as a Service (Saas) :
SaaS model provides a software application and programs a service to the end user, all application and program are managed cloud-based.
4.5 (3,137 ratings)
3.Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) :
IaaS is fundamental service of the cloud computing, it provides infrastructure to access the computing resources in a virtualized environment on the internet.
3. What are the different deployment models?
Cloud computing supports several deployment models, each has its own services and operation to a cloud environment. A larger organization uses private cloud where small businesses utilize the public cloud, below are some of the deployment models:
1.Private Cloud :
It is provided for a single organization having multiple business units. Private cloud is owned, managed and operated by the organization. It may reside in on or off premises.Organizations opt for private cloud for sensitive and critical information as it provides security, reliability, service and it has the ability to scale.
2.Community Cloud :
It is provided to be accessible by a group of an organization as it shares infrastructure between several organization which belongs to a particular community, i.e. bank and trading firm. It can be managed and operated by the company, a third-party, or a combination. It may reside either on-premises or in a remote data center and it can be hosted internally or externally.
3.Public Cloud :
Public cloud infrastructure is open for use by the public. It is more secure than accessing information via the internet. It is managed and operated by a government organization or business and it exists on the cloud provider.
The public cloud provides functions like collaboration, CRM, Storage and social networking.
4.Hybrid Cloud :
It is a combination of two or more different cloud deployment model that remains unique entities and they are bound tоgеthеr bу ѕtаndаrdizеd or proprietary tесhnоlоgу thаt еnаblеѕ data аnd application роrtаbilitу (е.g. сlоud bursting for load balancing between clouds).
4. What are some security measures provided by a cloud?
Security in the cloud is the major concerned for the organization as data should be stored in encrypted form. There are many levels of security within cloud environment such as:
1.Identity Management :
Identity management control access information, computing resources, application and services to be used by an authorized user only.
2. Access Control :
As data can be accessed by anywhere in cloud permission need to provide to the user to control the access to other users to enter into a cloud.
3. Authorization and Authentication :
As data is in cloud provision is made to allocate access to certain individuals (authorized user) only to change the application and data.
5. How can a company benefit from cloud computing?
There are many advantages of cloud computing for any organization below are some of the benefits of cloud computing
•Lower IT infrastructure and computer costs for users
•More secure data backup
•Data storage (Relational, No-SQL, Block Storage)
•Sandboxing and virtualization capabilities
•Better for growth and scalability
•Take advantage of powerful server capabilities without a hardware investment.
•Software as a Service. (SaaS)
6. Name the platforms which are used for large-scale cloud computing?
Cloud provides many platforms for cloud computing but as the emergence of the big data cloud needed large-scale distributed computing the platform are as follows:
1. Apache Hadoop: Apache Hadoop is an open source technology, it uses Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) for storage and distributed processing of very large datasets multi-node computer cluster which are built using commodity hardware with high scalability. Hadoop provides services like data storage, data processing, data access, data governance, security, and operations.
2. MapReduce: MapReduce is a framework used for processing of large-scale data generated in structure, unstructured or semi-structured format. MapReduce uses cloud sources and commodity hardware to process data and by replicating same data three (default replication factor = 3) times it provides fault tolerance and scalability at a software level.
7. Why API’s are used in cloud services?
API’s is an acronym for Application Programming Interface and it is used in a cloud for:
• User doesn’t need to write a complete program as it provides inbuilt programming interface.
• The suggestion and instruction will pop up to make a connection between one or more application.
• Application can be programmed and developed easily with access to a link for cloud services of other systems.
8. Name some of the cloud computing platform databases?
9. Name some basic characteristic of cloud computing?
Below are some of the essential characteristic of cloud computing:
• On-demand self-service with a provision of storage, computing etc.
• Broad network access can be used in the thin or thick client platform
• Support rapid elasticity so that it can grow and shrink as per requirement
• Measured Services with pay as you go pricing model.
10. Name the data centers in cloud computing?
1. Containerized data center
2. Low-density data center
This has been a guide to List Of Cloud Computing Interview Questions and answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Cloud Computing Interview Questions easily. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –