Updated April 10, 2023
Introduction to SketchUp Alternative
SketchUp is computer software for 3D modeling. It provides a 3D gallery that allows to search and share models with other users. However, It has many drawbacks as it is difficult to use software for more complex modeling even with using plugins. Also, it crashes while rendering the patch vertex surfaces. So here is a list of other software that are the best alternatives to SketchUp which is given below.
Alternatives of SketchUp
Here are the following alternatives mention below
Architects, building professionals, engineers use AutoCAD which is a computer-aided design (CAD) software to produce accurate 2D and 3D drawings. In AutoCAD, users can edit and create drawings on virtually every device.
Features of AutoCAD:
- It provides Creation, viewing as well as editing drawings on almost any device
- It also Helps to access any DWG file with Autodesk Cloud.
- It allows all nearby measurements to be shown in a drawing
- It allows to create, modify, and display CAD drawings
- Users can delete various objects with a quick selection and a preview of objects.
SolidWorks is a widely used computer-aided design software that runs on Microsoft Windows. It provides an implementation of existing feature parameters and attributes from one feature to another.
Features of Solidworks:
- With the help of View synchronization, Geometry comparison, and Face synchronization users can compare differences between various designs.
- It also allows comparing properties between other SolidWorks documents.
- Solidworks support the collection of edges, faces, loops, and characteristics based on geometric parameters.
- It enables users to find, modify and adjust features according to their parameters within a model.
- Solidworks provides an analysis system in partial documents to locate thin and thick regions
- It enables users to automatically streamline parts, assemble documents and develop streamlined configurations.
3. 3Ds Max
3DS Max is one of the most popular applications for 3D modeling and animation. It can be used for designing high-quality scenes and entertaining VR experiences by visual effects artists, game developers, and graphic designers.
- 3DS Max enables users to use the integrated Arnold Renderer to develop and render striking scenes.
- With automated systems provided by 3DS Max, users can scale up the workflow.
- To make modifications to models, users can use Edge, vertex, and face details.
- Users can Build parametric objects efficiently using a polygon subdivision surface.
- It allows users to Develop advanced particle effects like water, fire, spray, and snow
4. Planner 5D
Another significant alternative is 3D software that allows users to create a practical interior as well as exterior designs in 2D or 3D models.
Features of Planner 5D:
- It allows users to use the Snapshots function to capture a realistic picture of the design.
- It provides 2D as well as 3D views of models from various angles.
- Planner5D has an intuitive and user-friendly interface that provides a simple design process
- Users can apply custom colors, designs, and materials to various objects.
Shapr3D is one of the popular software which helps to maintain CAD compatibility, unparalleled performance, and complete offline functionality.
Features of shapr3D:
- It allows Direct modeling with the help of Apple Pencil.
- It provides Subtract, Union, and Intersect features to separate bodies
- It allows building stronger prototypes efficiently using various tools.
- In Shapr3D, users can send work directly to the desktop CAD for granular editing
- It helps to create a highly flexible creative workflow
- It provides visualized guides by which users can rotate, move, scale, mirror models.
6. Solid edge
Solid Edge uses synchronous technology to make revisions quicker and to enhance the re-use of design data. It supports 2D drafting, sheet metal design, modular parts, and modeling of assemblies, and provides unparalleled versatility.
Features of Solid edge:
- It allows you to combine the speed and simplicity of direct modeling with the parametric design’s flexibility and control.
- Controls for drawing format, detailing, annotation, and dimensioning
- Enables the development of a sheet metal design framework
DraftSight is a widely used 2D and 3D CAD tool. It is the best and tool to create, arrange, and format layers to make sure that the design is well organized and maintained as layering standard.
- It provides 2D Design as well as Documentation
- User can modify to rotate, move, scale, and copy, entities.
- Streamline the P&ID workflow process with access to pipe specifications driven by the database.
BricsCAD is a popular CAD alternative for Sketchup. It helps to create cost-effective CAD models.
- User can optimize 2D drawings as well as 3D models
- Without any starting command, the user can view and change the distance between two objects.
This is a guide to SketchUp Alternative. Here we discuss the Various alternatives to Sketchup along with their features. You can choose any of them based on your requirements and privacy preferences. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –