Differences Between Python vs C++
Python and C++ are the programming languages used for general purpose but both Python and C++ languages differ from each other in many ways. C++ is originated from C language with multiple paradigms and provide the feature of compilation.
Python is a general purpose and one of the high-level programming languages. A variable can be used directly without its declaration while writing code in python.
In C++, a single program needs to get compiled on every operating system on which the code is to be run.
Python provides the ability to ‘write once, run anywhere’ that enables it to run on all the operating systems which have Python installed.
Python has inbuilt garbage collection and dynamic memory allocation process that enables efficient memory management.
4.8 (3,271 ratings)
In C++, the developer needs to declare data type before using it. Therefore, it is less ambiguous regarding what the codes do, and error handling becomes easier than python.
While writing code in Python, a user doesn’t need to mention the type of data before using it, consequently making the length of the code shorter and easier to maintain. For example, in C++, a user must declare int a=5 whereas in Python a=5 is sufficient.
C++ is also called an intermediate-level programming language as it is developed using both low-level and high-level language features. C++ also supports object-oriented functionalities like the concept of classes, operator overloading, multiple inheritances, virtual functions, exception handling etc.
Python is known for its simplicity, easy to read concerning code and recognized as one of the high-level programming languages. Python consists of inbuilt constructs which have the feature of executing clear code on small as well as large scale. Python is an object-oriented programming language.
C++, these days, is generally used for designing hardware. It is first described in C++ followed by its analysis, architecturally constrained and planned to develop a register-transfer level hardware description language.
Python is used as a scripting language, and at times it is also used for the non-scripting purpose. Also, Python has a standalone executable application with the help of some existing tools.
Head to Head Comparison Between Python vs C++ (Infographics)
Below is the top 9 Differences Between Python vs C++
Key Differences Between Python vs C++
The Key Difference Between Python and C++, are explained in the below-mentioned points:
- Every entity in Python is treated as an object; be it in or floats that reside in a heap. The entities on stacks are mainly the variables names which have their references to the heap.
- Python has less backward compatibility whereas C++ is more compatible with the system in use.
- Python programs result as much shorter in length in comparison to code in C++ that enables fast prototyping and results in speedier coding rate.
- C++ is complete, based on the binary that used existing libraries to perform the coding operations.
- Python has the flexibility while calling functions and returning their values.
- C++ uses compiler for the compilation of the code.
- Python when runs, uses an interpreter.
- A wide variety of applications use C++ to be developed.
- Python has access to the API of a wide variety of applications based on 3D.
- Python is an easy-to-use programming language in comparison to C++.
- Python is slower than C++.
- Python helps in faster application development and keep introducing additional language features.
- Writing code in C++ is not as easy as in python due to its complex syntax.
- Python is easier to use and writing code because of its friendly syntax.
- Python has inbuilt, ready to use libraries that are more user-friendly for learning and implementation.
- Two numbers when divided into Python results in float (while importing division from_future_) whereas in C++, casting needs to be implemented to achieve this functionality.
- Serialization on objects can easily be achieved in Python using its pickle. Saves () method which is a more laborious task to perform in C++.
- Python extends support for a complete set of reflection features through which it is possible to iterate over the class methods, members etc.
- Python’s has a larger standard library than library available in C++.
Python vs C++ Comparison Table
Below are the lists of points, describe the Comparison Between Python vs C++
|Garbage Collection||Supports Garbage Collection||Does not support Garbage Collection|
|Usage||Easier to write code||Not easy in contrast to Python due to complex syntax|
|Compilation||Run through interpreter||C++ is a pre-compiled|
|Rapid Prototyping||Rapid Prototyping is possible due to the small size of the code||Rapid Prototyping not possible due to larger code size|
|Installation||Python is challenging to be installed on windows box||No difficulty in installation|
|Scope of the variables||Variables are accessible even outside the loop||Variables’ scope is limited to within the loops|
|Functions||Functions do not have restrictions on the type of the argument and type of its return value||The function can accept and return the type of value which is already defined|
|Efficiency||Easier to maintain, object-oriented and simpler to use||Less clean and manageable in comparison to python|
|Nature||Dynamically typed language||Statically typed language|
Conclusion – Python vs C++
There are many C++ software compilers both open source and free can be easily available in the market. Some of the software are GNU Project, Microsoft, Intel and Embarcadero Technologies. C++ also has an impact on other programming languages like C# and Java. C++ became more popular than C which is known to perform as a compiler to native code. C++ also includes client applications, high-performer server applications, device drivers, embedded driver components, systems software, and application software. It is also used in domains for developing video games. As C++ is a statically typed language, the programs are determined at the time of compilation.
Python is another object-oriented programming language different than C++ in many ways. Python enables developers to give fewer efforts to program functions in lesser lines of code in comparison to C++. Python is considered as a programming language with multiple paradigms with easier coding syntax and methods. Python comes with a massive set of inbuilt standard libraries. These features make Python a language of practical usability. Python’s interpreters can easily be found for many different operating systems. Program’s class members are determined at run-time in Python. A developer can re-assign methods and functions at runtime.
This has been a guide to Difference Between Python and C++, their Meaning, Head to Head Comparison, Key Differences, Comparison Table, and Conclusion. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –
- Important Guide On C++ Interview Questions
- C#Important Interview Questions and Answers
- Java vs Node JS – 8 Useful Comparison
- Python vs Node.js – 5 Best Comparison You Need To Know
- C++ vs Java – Know The Most Important Differences
- Ruby vs Python (Rails and Django) – Which Programming is Best?
- Java vs Python – Top 9 important Comparisons You Must Learn
- C++ vs Go: What are the Functions
- C++ Vector vs Array: What are the Best Benefits