Difference Between Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlik
Power Bi is a Business Intelligence tool we can upload data and publish data throughout our companies. Business Intelligence response to any query and improves decision making. Adding power to the business for good visualization of data. Another feature of Power BI Is Quick Insights in which we can search a dataset for interesting patterns and provides a list of charts for a better understanding of data. It uses artificial intelligence and data mining to analyze the data. Qlik is also a Business Intelligence and data visualization tool.
It is an end – to end ETL solution yielding good customer service. With qlik, we can create a flexible end-user interface, make good presentations based on the data, creates dynamic graphical charts and tables, perform statistical analysis, builds own expert systems. Qlik can be used with the virtual database. It is a window-based tool that requires the following components: Qlik Server, Qlik Publisher.
They are the most popularly used Business Intelligence tool used to create, display and share interactive reports to the user at any time. They are Platform Independent and requires a lesser number of technical experts to work with. They work on Client-Server architecture for speedy deployments. They are perfectly suitable for top management employees who need good BI. Tableau has advantages on fast access, interactive visualization, Cost-effective, Maintains good security.
Features of Power BI
- Rich Graphical visualizations from complex BI data.
- Ad-hoc Reporting
- Good Navigation Pane
- Includes a dataset with customizable dashboards.
Features of Qlik
- With the use of a hybrid approach, the user can associate data stored within big sources are stored within the Qlik view in-memory dataset.
- With the help of direct discovery, they allow users to perform Business discovery and visual analysis.
- Mobile-ready, Roles, and Permissions
- Interact with dynamic apps, Dashboards.
Features of Tableau
- They have a good drag and drop.
- For data sharing, they use Tableau Public.
- They implement interactive data visualizations on the web.
- Their performance is strong and reliable and operates on huge data.
- They are mobile-friendly and supports full online versions.
Head To Head Comparison Between Power BI and Tableau and Qlik(Infographics)
Below is the top 9 difference between Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlik
Key Differences Between Power BI and Tableau and Qlik
These are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major difference:
- Qlik can be immediately accessed by multiple users. Qlik is faster than Tableau. Power bI connect to any data source they do not require ETL.
- The documents are stored in. the qvw format we can access these documents via Qlik Views proprietary communication protocol and stored in Windows OS, and all the events are taken in Qlik Server, they are responsible for Client-Server Power BI has three types of files excel(.xls), power BI desktop(.pbix), (.csv). Tableau extract files can have (.tde) file extensions.
- Qlik Supports the OLEDB interface for external data sources. Power bi loads the data from OLEDB and publishes in BI Server. At present they support only Live Connection.
- Qlik structure is not well managed whereas Tableau structure is managed by well user guide.
- Qlik works as a standalone technique. Publishing the data to the outside world are managed by QlikView Publisher. Power BI is available only on the SAAS model whereas Tableau has cloud and on-premises option. Power BI desktop version is free.
- Data modeling facilities are increased using POwerBI. In Qlik Data insights are generated rapidly.
- Tableau and Power BI is user-friendly. Qlik has high customizable patterns.
- Qlik and tableau work for statistical analysis. Power BI does not have this capability.
Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlik Comparison Table
Below is the 9 topmost comparison
|The basis of comparison||Power BI||Tableau||Qlik|
|Performance||It Lacks behind on data visualizations.||They are more User-friendly because Non- technical users can work with this tool. They use cubic Technique||Qlik needs a developer to work with reports and dashboards. They take all types of datasets.
They have good visualizations.
Dashboards are the key feature of PowerBI when has a good User interface to publish the report.
User Interface is better
User Interface is quite down when compared with Tableau.
Ease of learning
User-friendly- Knowledge of Excel is enough
They do not require any technical or programming skills to work with.
Easy to learn with Data science background.
Power BI has Power BI desktop, Gateway
They work with front-end tool such as R.
|Qlik consists of both front-end (Qlik Developer) and back-end (Qlik Publisher)|
|The desktop version is free, Power BI Pro is pay per month.||Tableau Reader is a free version. Tableau Server is a licensed one.||Qlik Personal Edition is a free version of Qlik and runs without a license Key.|
|Cost- Effectiveness||Less expensive.||It saves money, time and effort. Very expensive as it loads a data warehouse.||Qlik website has two editions. Personal version is free, Enterprise version can be used contact with the team.|
|Online Analytical Programming||They connect to OLAP cubes via SQL servers for multidimensional analysis.||Tableau can connect to OLAP taking out the cube measures at the deepest level.||Access to OLAP provides encapsulated data views.|
|Speed||They have smart recovery||Speed depends on RAM and data sets.||They have better Speed since they store the data in the server RAM (In-Memory Storage)|
|Advantage||Power BI are inexpensive and have scalability for larger projects.||They are top ranked in intelligence visualizations.||They provide wide range deep analytics and they have good customer satisfaction
Deciding which one to be the best needs analysis. The drag and drop capabilities along with secure data connections make tableau a front-runner in the market. Qlik strengths include in-memory engine capabilities of visualizing patterns. Creating reports through Power BI can be shared across teams and can be accessed on any device. Overall, Power BI emerges as the competitor’s tools among the three tools. It is high-level Microsoft applications and platforms and has advanced support for the cloud platform. Tableau is the preferred choice in the current market of business analysis.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlik. Here we also discuss the key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more.
- Power BI vs SSRS – Top Difference
- useful Comparisons Between Looker vs Tableau
- Top Differences Between Winforms vs WPF
- How to Use Icon in Power BI Desktop?
- How to Use Calendar DAX Function in Power BI?
- Power BI IF Statement
- How to Use Filter DAX Function in Power BI?
- Google Data Studio vs Tableau | Top Differences