Difference Between Node.js vs Java Performance
Node.js was developed by a person Ryan Dahl and it was initially released on May 27, 2009. When Node.js was introduced, it was supported only in Mac OS X and Linux operating systems but it supported in all the operating systems – Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, SmartOS, FreeBSD and IBM AIX.
Below are some of the important features of Node.js:
- Single Threaded but Highly Scalable
- No Buffering
- Asynchronous and Event Driven
- Very Fast
Java is a very popular programming language and also it is a computing platform for developing applications. It first released by developed by Sun Microsystems, but later Sun Microsystems acquired by Oracle Corporation in the year 2009. Nowadays, Java platform is commonly used as a foundation for application development and also to deliver a content on the web. Java performance is high and also it is fast, robust, reliable, and secure.
Java is famous for its unique feature that is, it is a platform-independent language (means it is not specific to any of the processor or runs on most of the OS which includes Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. Java platform is a collection of programs which helps in application development and run programs that are written in Java programming language. Java platform also includes execution engine, compiler and a set of libraries.
Head To Head Comparison Between Node.js vs Java Performance (Infographics)
Below is the top 4 difference between Node.js vs Java Performance
4.8 (636 ratings)
Key differences between Node.js vs Java Performance
Both Node.js vs Java Performance are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Node.js vs Java Performance:
- Node.js is a non-blocking of input/output operations. This means that Node.js can perform IO operations easily, extraordinary, efficiently. And also it issues many IO operations at a time, and hence it makes to increase performance considerably. Java has blocked input/output operations. The thread that process IO operation will get stuck in a wait state and that not allow doing any other operations until this assigned operation is complete.
- Hence Node.js makes to increase performance considerably when compared to Java performance.
- Node.js has a lot of time to do all the computations and transformations for the requests using a single thread. Whereas Java uses one thread for one request and hence it takes much time to process the concurrent request.
- Hence the performance of Node.js is high compared to Java performance.
- Variables in Java are statically typed whereas in Ruby variables are dynamically typed.
- Node.js developer type programs in the command line and code into favorite text editor i.e., either in Eclipse or Visual Studio. Where Java has many IDEs such as Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ, developers write their code here. Hence it boosts up the performance using Java compared to Node.js
Node.js vs Java Performance Comparison Table
The primary Comparison between Node.js vs Java Performance are discussed below:
Conclusion – Node.js vs Java Performance
To calculate the performance for Node.js and Java is very complicated. Both Node.js vs Java Performance possess both advantages and disadvantages for performance on one other with its own and great qualities.
Hence it is concluded that it completely depends on the requirement to choose. But when it comes in comparison of performance, Node.js stands in first place over Java.
This has a been a guide to the top differences between Node.js vs Java Performance. Here we also discuss the Node.js vs Java Performance key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –