Difference Between Node.js vs Java Performance
Node.js was developed by a person Ryan Dahl and it was initially released on May 27, 2009. When Node.js was introduced, it was supported only in Mac OS X and Linux operating systems but it supported in all the operating systems – Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, SmartOS, FreeBSD and IBM AIX.
Below are some of the important features of Node.js:
- Single-Threaded but Highly Scalable
- No Buffering
- Asynchronous and Event-Driven
- Very Fast
- Java was first released by developed by Sun Microsystems, but later Sun Microsystems acquired by Oracle Corporation in the year 2009. Nowadays, Java platform is commonly used as a foundation for application development and also to deliver content on the web.
- Java is famous for its unique feature that is, it is a platform-independent language (means it is not specific to any of the processors or runs on most of the OS which includes Mac OS, Windows, and Linux.
- Java platform is a collection of programs that helps in application development and run programs that are written in Java programming language. Java platform also includes an execution engine, compiler and a set of libraries.
Head To Head Comparison Between Node.js vs Java Performance (Infographics)
Below is the top 4 difference between Node.js vs Java Performance
Key differences between Node.js vs Java Performance
Both Node.js vs Java Performance are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Node.js vs Java Performance:
- Node.js is a non-blocking of input/output operations. This means that Node.js can perform IO operations easily, extraordinary, efficiently. And also it issues many IO operations at a time, and hence it makes to increase performance considerably. Java has blocked input/output operations. The thread that process IO operation will get stuck in a wait state and that not allow doing any other operations until this assigned operation is complete.
- Hence Node.js makes to increase performance considerably when compared to Java performance.
- Node.js has a lot of time to do all the computations and transformations for the requests using a single thread. Whereas Java uses one thread for one request and hence it takes much time to process the concurrent request.
- Hence the performance of Node.js is high compared to Java performance.
- Variables in Java are statically typed whereas in Ruby variables are dynamically typed.
- Node.js developer type programs in the command line and code into favorite text editor i.e., either in Eclipse or Visual Studio. Where Java has many IDEs such as Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ, developers write their code here. Hence it boosts up the performance using Java compared to Node.js
Node.js vs Java Performance Comparison Table
The primary Comparison between Node.js vs Java Performance are discussed below:
|The basis of comparison Between Node.js vs Java Performance||Node.js||Java|
|Node.js is a non-blocking of input/output operations. When IO operations start performing, program thread makes free to continue processing the other tasks.
This means that Node.js can perform IO operations easily, extraordinary, efficiently. And also it issues many IO operations at a time, and hence it makes to increase performance considerably.
|Java blocks input/output operations. Some operations which are supposed to write into a disk or send information on the network, then java blocks that operation and not let to do anything else.
The thread that process IO operation will get stuck in a wait state and that not allow doing any other operations until this assigned operation is complete.
Hence java performance is less compared to Node.js
|Since I/O operations are not blocked in Node.js, it uses a single thread to process all incoming requests at a time. And also Node.js provides a lot of time to perform all the computations and transformations for the requests while it is waiting for any IO operations.||Java always assigns a thread for each incoming request that supposed to be processed.
As the number of simultaneous requests grows at the same time, the needed number of threads also increases.
Hence if you want to run / process 100 simultaneous requests, then you should have availability of a pool of 100 threads to do the processing.
This makes performance low.
|Node.js has very fewer IDEs compared to Java. Hence Node.js developer type programs in the command line and code into favorite text editor i.e., either in Eclipse or Visual Studio.
This leads to low performance.
|Java contains a number of IDEs such as Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ.
When building / developing application using java, developers utilize its top three top-notch tools that can be making use of well-integrated with debuggers, decompilers, and servers.
This makes high performance compared to Node.js
Conclusion – Node.js vs Java Performance
To calculate the performance for Node.js and Java is very complicated. Both Node.js vs Java Performance possess both advantages and disadvantages for performance on one other with its own and great qualities.
Hence it is concluded that it completely depends on the requirement to choose. But when it comes in comparison of performance, Node.js stands in first place over Java.
This has a been a guide to the top differences between Node.js vs Java Performance. Here we also discuss the Node.js vs Java Performance key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –