Difference Between Mobx and Redux
- Reactions mainly take care of input-output operations and updating DOM, and network requests need to be handled on time automatically. Actions modify the state, and Mobx makes sure that all the changes need to be processed synchronously.
- Mobx can run on any ES5 environment. It supports node.js, rhino and all the browsers except IE8. It supports react native also. Mobx generally consists of state, derivations, reactions, and actions.
- The one thing that needs to take care of is that Mobx is not a framework as it does not know how to structure your code, how to process and store the data. Mobx can be applied to any modern JS environment.
- Redux is also referred to as an intuitive state container. It can be used with React and another library view as well. Redux is very simple if you know flux or you have developed something on flux.
- Redux is mainly used where a reasonable amount of data gets changed over time. If the data is not changing frequently, then Redux usage is less. It is used as a pattern for managing the application state.
- Some libraries or front-end technologies like React have their own application state management, so while using these libraries, one should learn its inbuilt capabilities. Sometimes after developing the application, it becomes complex to understand and code; it is hard to know how the state has been changed. In this scenario, Redux is helpful and used.
Head To Head Comparison Between Mobx and Redux (Infographics)
Below is the top 8 difference between Mobx vs Redux
Key differences between Mobx and Redux
Both are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major difference:
- In Mobx, the de-normalized data can be kept. In Redux, mainly, the kept data is normalized data only.
- In Mobx, the updates can be done automatically with the help of an observable attribute. In Redux, the updates need to monitor manually.
- In Mobx, the states can be overwritten, which also referred to as an impure state because the state can be updated simply with the new values. In Redux, the state is referred to as a pure state as states are read-only and cannot be overwritten simply. It means it uses an immutable state.
- In Mobx, debugging is difficult to do as tools available for Mobx is not up to the mark and which results in unpredictable responses many times. For Redux, there are many developer tools available; pure functions and less abstraction make debugging easier. The response is also predictable with the use of the flux paradigm.
- In Mobx, a lot of built-in abstraction is there, which leads to less code. In Redux, there is less abstraction and a need to write more code.
- Mobx is mainly used to develop the application fast and in less time. Redux developed applications generally take time because of their complexity.
- Mobx is less maintainable. Redux is more maintainable.
- Mobx has less online community and developer support as compared to Redux. Redux has way ahead of developer and online community support than Mobx.
Mobx vs Redux Comparison Table
The primary Comparison is discussed below:
|The basis of comparison||
|Developed||Michel Weststrate develops it||Dan Abramov and Andrew Clark develop it.|
|Datastore||In Mobx, there is more than one store for data storage.||In Redux, there is only one large store for data storage.|
|Application||Mobx is mainly used for small and simple applications||Redux is mainly used for complex and large applications.|
|Scalable||Mobx is less scalable comparatively.||Redux is mainly used for scalable applications|
|Performance||Mobx gives good performance||Redux is not much efficient.|
Both are the libraries that are used to manage the application state in one way or the other. Both are mainly combined with front-end libraries like react and angular to develop the user interfaces more interactive and show changing the data over time.
Mobx is mainly preferred to use for beginners as it is simple and easy to learn. Redux can be preferred for those who have a strong understanding of functional programming skills. It has been seen that Redux is well established and popular among the developers, whereas Mobx is not that popular, but Mobx can be a good alternative for managing the state of the application.
Both are great libraries to work on, and these can be selected depending on the requirements and availability of resources. Happy learning!!
This has been a guide to the top differences between Mobx vs Redux. Here we also discuss the Mobx vs Redux key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –
- Redux vs Flux
- Drupal vs Joomla
- Hadoop vs Spark
- Bootstrap vs Jquery
- Bootstrap vs jQuery UI: Features
- Best Functions of Bootstrap 4 Cheatsheet