What is Mobile Cloud Computing?
Before understanding what Mobile Cloud Computing is? We should understand what cloud computing and mobile computing are? Because mobile cloud computing came from the combination of mobile computing and cloud computing.
Cloud Computing: Using the network of remote servers that are hosted on the internet (Virtual source) for storing, Managing or processing of data.
Mobile Cloud Computing: As said earlier mobile cloud combination is the combination of both Mobile computing and cloud computing. It helps the user to use the mobile application which is hosted on a cloud computing platform.
How Mobile Cloud computing Works?
It uses cloud technology to develop applications to mobile devices those are nothing but mobile apps for the delivery of mobile apps. It helps all the developers to develop applications of mobile users for not depending on mobile operating systems or on mobile storage. Mobile cloud computing applications can access through a mobile browser from any remote webserver. By this approach, there is no dependency on installing the client applications on mobile. Generally, it is also called as MCC in short
Here we mainly use below said computing techniques :
1. General-purpose computing.
2. Application-specific computing.
The two above are mainly used for improving the performance by providing virtual clone and we have different methods in Application-specific MCC restful services and elastic services.
Applications of Mobile Cloud Computing
In Mobile Computing, many applications store data in Mobile virtual, commerce for e-banking and in e-shopping. We are seeing many applications like mobile mails, Mobile sensing, Mobile health care, Mobile gaming, mobile social networking, Mobile commerce for banking purposes, Mobile learning, etc.
1. Mobile Email: This we regularly use in our daily activities to check mails in Mobile and it is the best example.
2. Mobile Sensing: Now a days most of us using smart watches and we have an application in our mobile to connect with smart watches and track the details.
3. Mobile Healthcare: In Health care, it plays a major role. It helps in accessing all the patient records and for tracking and getting alarms if required.
4. Mobile Gaming: In mobile gaming, people who are playing the games will interact only with the screen interface of their device.
5. Mobile Social Networking: We are using many applications regarding social networking. This mainly helps in connecting with different people and to upload videos. It’s not only providing storing of data but it mainly takes care of Integration and Security for data.
6. Mobile Commerce: We are in Mobile commerce for many things like e-shopping, e-banking, and e-advertising. Why we are using MCC here is mainly because of Scalable processing power and mainly takes care of security at the time of payments.
7. Multimedia Sharing: By seeing the name we can easily understand this helps in sharing of data from one mobile to another mobile. Mobile users can share all types of od data. Again here MCC helps in sharing all types of data and security.
8. Mobile Learning: Mobile learning is trading one in all smartphones. Now a days many schools are proposing learning through mobile. Teachers upload the materials in the applications and students can use it for preparing for exams not only this students can save all the material videos or any pictures. Here Data is scalable and as per the usage of the students or teacher’s application process owners will request for money.
Benefits of Mobile Cloud Computing
We have more benefits because as we said it’s the combination of both mobile computing and cloud computing. Its benefit helps the users for user-friendly applications and it supports different development approaches.
Some of the benefits are
- Disaster recovery
- Multiple platform support
- Cost efficiency
- Data back up
- Integrated data
- Flexibility: It allows users to access the data and this allows easy exchange of data between two devices.
- Cost efficiency: As we’re using cloud computing, the main advantage is that you’re paying for your setup. We will only pay for the data we use. We will not get any additional charges the only thing we need to take care of is when taking the service first we need to see all the services provided by the company then get later quotes extra charges.
- Disaster recovery: As we are storing the data in the multiple locations as a backup it helps the user to access the data. Once the disaster comes it will automatically change to other servers and users will not get any problem.
- Multiple platform support: We can use any platform while we are using mobile cloud computing. It supports different platforms to run the application.
- Integrated data: It helps the users to access the integrated data quickly and more securely.
There are some considerations for mobile cloud computing Management, infrastructure, integration, and Security. Before going to mobile cloud computing we should keep in mind all the above considerations.
To conclude, its still under developing with a lot more features and day by day features are increasing based on the technologies available in the market. General-purpose mobile cloud computing which is called as GPMCC. It helps in making the mobile device more important with powerful computing devices. With its help, we are making the user more comfortable by proving easy access for the data, scalable store and security and user can access data from anywhere any time. Same like other technologies it has advantages as well as disadvantages but slowly its overcoming all the disadvantages one by one. Instead of thinking about the disadvantages its better to use the technology. This is the most used technology or we can say trending technology.
This has been a guide to Mobile Cloud Computing. Here we discuss the working, application, and benefits of Mobile Cloud Computing. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –