Introduction To Microsoft Project Cloud
Microsoft project cloud computing is a brainstorming technology which has transformed the concept of data storage and computing power. The cloud computing is the concept of moving the entire data system on the cloud, which is nothing but storing and accessing the data over the internet rather than on the local machines or local servers. The data can thus be accessed ethically from anywhere over the internet. This cloud computing technology benefitted Microsoft in terms of hardware optimization as the data is stored and shared on the cloud, thus reducing the local hardware. The most common example of Microsoft’s cloud computing is the O365 or Office 365, which has brought a revolution in the technology.
Cloud computing is the new normal, and the use of Microsoft cloud computing can be seen everywhere in our surrounding like the banking applications over the internet, Gmail-the access to emails, google drive, which gives you virtual space for data storage, MS Office365 subscription, which lets you access all the Microsoft Office applications from anywhere over the internet. Cloud computing has made technology easy to access and easier to use. Cloud services have made the technology handy for normal people.
Usages of Cloud Computing
Below mentioned are some of the usages of Microsoft Project cloud computing:
- Cloud, which is a metaphor for the internet that allows exploring the internet near to endless limits.
- Allows cloud storage like Google Drive, One drive, Dropbox without using any extra storage medium.
- The applications on cloud services can be access on any device from anywhere over the internet.
- The companies are shifting their entire data system on the cloud for faster and easier access providing a new business model.
- The cloud services help to reduce the cost to the company as a large number of hardware resources are cut down due to the virtual storage area provided by the cloud services.
- The cloud services automatically notify for regular updates and maintenance.
Types of Microsoft Project Cloud
There are three types of cloud computing services offered by Microsoft which are basically:
1. Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS): The infrastructure-based services are used to access the data computing and data storage over the internet from anywhere. The Iaas gives the benefit of renting IT infrastructure, i.e. the virtual servers, machines, networks and operating system from the cloud services providers like the Microsoft Azure, Amazon web services, etc.
2. Platform-as-a-service (PaaS): This is a gift for the developers. Using the platform as a service cloud service, the developers can develop or build web applications and tools over the internet without worrying about underlying IT infrastructure, e.g. Red Hat open shifts, Apprenda, etc.
3. Software-as-a-service (SaaS): The name software as a service clearly depicts that this service makes the users connect to the applications over the cloud or Internet on a subscription basis, e.g. Gmail, Google Drive, apple I-cloud, Dropbox, etc.
Advantages of Microsoft Project Cloud
Microsoft Project Cloud computing has got a bunch of advantages, including:
1. Flexibility: The Microsoft Project Cloud application provides increased bandwidth of usage and storage. Cloud-based services can work as a boon for the businesses expanding at an inconsistent rate as per their demands if the scale of demands can be controlled high or low as per the business requirement providing a real-time computing environment in the business. Also, these services can be ethically accessed from anywhere, anytime.
2. Cost: As already mentioned, the cloud optimizes the hardware requirement due to the shifting of data on virtual servers and virtual data storage spaces; this helps to cut down extra expenditure on the hardware resources used in the IT infrastructure. The space on these virtual servers can be increased anytime by adopting a proper subscription.
3. Global access: The most powerful advantage of using cloud services is that the data storage and computing are performed over the internet, giving worldwide access to it from anywhere over the internet. One is not limited to the office premises or the particular dedicated IT infrastructure to work. Wherever you have the internet, you are ready to shoot your work. Also, cloud computing provides the right of access to users, making it secure.
4. Fast access/Speedy access: The cloud services are easy to access and are fast while accessing the data and application if you have a reliable internet connection. Even a large amount of computing data can be accessed and managed with just a few clicks of the mouse and with accuracy.
5. Auto-updates and maintenance: The icing on the cake advantage of cloud computing is that it has been made smart enough for updates and maintenance patches. The auto-updates are notified and performed, eliminating the task of pinning down the maintenance and update of the software and allowing to focus on the business. Thus it eliminates the hustles and lets one concentrate on growing the business.
6. Auto recovery benefits/ disaster recovery: The advantage of shifting the data and managing the data centers on the cloud is that it helps to recover from real-time or accidental mishappening. In case of any mishappening where data loss can pose a threat like a fire accident, electric short circuit, data deletion or virus attack, etc., the cloud computing services gives the benefit of data recovery or what is called disaster recovery. The cloud providers help to provide the cloud data backup in such cases, ensuring that there is no loss of data.
7. Enhanced productivity: When a large number of data can be accessed in few minutes, and the employees or team members can work on them simultaneously on the data from anywhere, anytime, then automatically the productivity and efficiency go high. As there is no worrying about the underlying IT infrastructure like the hardware setup. IT management chores, the focus is purely on the business needs shooting up productivity and performance.
8. Data security: Microsoft Project Cloud services are equipped with data security policies and regulations. These services provide access controls handled by a central administrator, ensuring that there is no breach of data. The cloud services provide policies and technologies to help to protect the data, apps and various potential threats that can hamper the business functioning.
This has been a guide to Microsoft Project Cloud. Here we discussed the Concept, Usage, Advantages, and Type of Microsoft Project Cloud. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –