Updated June 22, 2023
Introduction to Design Pattern
In Software engineering, a design pattern is a general solution to the commonly occurring problems in software designing. It’s not the final code but is a description or template for knowing how to solve a problem in a different situation in the building phase of the software. The reusable solutions for the software’s common problems. All codings were collected and used. This pattern is famous for C++, Smalltalk, Java, C#, object-oriented languages, and many more.
This is a best practice and problem-solving technic for many software developers. Many common problems software developers face during the building phase of software can be solved by following these patterns. It contains all the commonly observed errors while working. It’s formalized and flexible to work on. All mistakes and trials have a pattern of the solution, along with numerous software development over regular intervals. This helps solve and avoid similar mistakes and errors in software development. A step-by-step approach from a programming combination of parameters and algorithms.
Understanding Design Pattern
They are 3 types of patterns:
- Structural design patterns: Made of variables and functions used for Adapters, facades, bridges, etc.
- Creational design patterns: Creating objects and instances within objects used for Singleton, Factory, Bridge, etc.
- Behavioral design patterns: Made for the interaction of one class with the other class used for Strategy, Observer, Iterator, etc.
Few other patterns which come for enterprise applications:
- MVC design pattern.
- Dependency injection design pattern.
All these help in building good structured and professional interfaced software.
How does this Pattern make Working so Easy?
It provides tested, proven paradigms and development codes that help software engineers speed up their development process and solve common coding mistakes and problems. Effective software design requirements raised and fixed issues suitable to the design will be visible until later in the implementation. Applying for this technology help in resolving the issues which solve and improve codes, readability for codes, and look design of software architect familiar with patterns.
It helps in applying creative design techniques to specific problems. It provides simple and general solutions, documented in a usable format to pick suitable codes to solve particular software design problems.
Many companies offer jobs:
- Mindgen Solutions
- Hexaware Technologies
- 1mg Technologies
- Huawei Technologies
And many more companies have good packages for software developers with the skill and hands-on experience of this technology.
What can you do with the Design Pattern?
- It helps in the development phase of any software by providing solutions for the common mistakes developers make while working. Well-Established industrial standards and approaches can be maintained while creating software with fewer chances of failure.
- It is a template to code and can be used directly or modified with codes as per development project requirements. Its language-independent is flexible to use for any language codings for suitable output.
- Working with it brings a more innovative way of creating and developing software applications and tools and the latest codes used in the technology.
- It adds professional value to experienced and junior software designing and development experts.
- It helps keep the software simple and easy to understand, which avoids complex codes that lead to losing the simplicity. Simple simple classes help open and work the application fast with a good user experience.
- It suggests removing unwanted codes and making codes flexible enough using this technology; code is easy to maintain, understand, and extend.
- Focus on a loosely coupled code to add flexibility in modifying the application as per users’ needs with its version-wise improvements; testing is easy, and chances of bugs will also be less if we use Loosely coupled codes.
- Design the application software first once the stricture and features of applications are finalized, then start coding to avoid disturbance in the developing phase. The use of effect codes needs the be in the application.
- We need to have basic knowledge of coding.
- Know at least 1 professional language as part of the semester syllabus in CSE, IT, and any other equant computer graduation courses.
- Knowledge of design strictures of software applications and tools.
Why Should we use a Design Pattern?
- The IT industrial code is never small; they contain huge data, and Robust code can be handled easily using this technology; codes can be reused as per requirement and are highly maintainable, reducing the cost of ownership.
- Easy to handle the codes, maintain, and in case of any errors, we can quickly identify the area and fix it with less time; the systemic approach to fixing problems is easy. Loosely coupled applications avoid any changes in the application while fixing.
- Creating interactive and user-friendly client applications is a highly professional skill in demand.
- It also deals with the change at a run time with more dynamics. The class scope is the design time of building, structuring, and creating relationships with classes with the runtime.
Why do we Need this Technology?
- As developers, we have many ways of coding in which we have common problems per industrial standards and ways to do things correctly; this technology will handle all these issues. Creating Class, modifying and creating instantiates, an interaction of Objects in software, using smart and latest codes.
- It helps pass data from one object to another, calling functions and using different patterns to fix the connections between objects. Helps in writing loosely coupled codes to maintain software flexible and easy to maintain, writing good reusable codes to use as per the needs of the software.
Who is the Right Audience for Learning these Technologies?
- CSE and IT graduates who want to make their mark in software designing and coding development can join this course.
- Even experienced software developers can also do this course to upgrade themselves with technology and apply their professional experience to design the best design patterns for the application.
Conclusion – What is Design Pattern?
This technology helps create an interactive software application with simple, easy, loose codes that help make the best user-friendly applications and update its versions easily with the latest requirements.
This has been a guide to What is Design Pattern? Here we discussed the working and advantages of design pattern with top companies that implement this technology. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –