Introduction to Magento 2
Magento is a user-friendly customizable tool applicable for any kind of e-commerce application, which is available as an open-source technology. The Magento tool is broadly known and chosen due to its significant features, namely the ability to facilitate any type of e-commerce based applications, available as open-source for free of cost, user-friendly appearance in the front-end interface, flexible and expandable back end databases units.
Features of Magento 2
Below are the latest Features of Magento 2:
1. Advanced Technology
- Composer is a dependency manager working on PHP. We can declare dependencies and the Composer will help us in managing the dependencies, installing and updating them respectively. The composer simplifies the process of installing and updating the extensions and also updating Magento every time.
- Varnish 4 is an open-source HTTP accelerator that stores pages and other assets to memory to decrease the response time is taken and the network bandwidth consumption.
- In Magento 1, Full Page Caching was only for the Magento Enterprise Edition whereas, in Magento 2, Full Page Caching is included in all editions which allows the content to be cached from static pages which eventually increases the performance and reduces the server load.
- LESS is an open-source CSS preprocessor that supports the developer in writing different styles for a store. Maintenance and support for extensions are also very easy now.
- Magento UI Library is a modular front-end library that has a group of mix-ins for general elements and also helps in enhancing the efficiency of the developers when working on frontend tasks.
2. Latest Tools
- Now, the merchants and the developers can do performance testing of the Magento installation using Magento performance Toolkit. This tool can also test the customizations done.
- Magento 2 Command Line Tool is a tool that runs a set of commands to clear the cache at the time of Magento installation, it also helps in re-indexing of the store, Backup creation, and activating the maintenance mode.
- Data Migration Tool helps the developers in the migration of the data from Magento 1.x to Magento 2. This tool includes verification, tracking the process, function testing, and logging.
- Code Migration Toolkit helps the developers in migrating the extensions and the customizations of Magento 1.x to Magento 2. Verifying and updating the extensions is required for making the Magento 1.x extensions compatible for Magento 2.
- There were many complaints that Magento 1 doesn’t have enough documentation for the developers. In Magento 2, this problem has been solved and an official Magento 2 Developer Documentation has been created. It contains the information for the developers, System Administrator and Quality Analysts.
3. Changes in the Admin panel
- The admin panel now allows inline editing as well. This helps in managing data more effectively.
- In the admin panel, the product adds/edit page is an essential page. The experience of using this page has now been enhanced and we can now manage the products in a step-by-step manner where the fields and import tools are separated into different sections.
4. Changes at the Frontend
- In the latest version, Magento also allows us to add videos to the product, which enhances the way of displaying products.
- The checkout page has been simplified, now the users can purchase a product in lesser time. It also increases the conversion rate of the store.
- Magento 2 provides the option of registration to the customer at the order success page which also lessens the checkout process.
Features of Magento at a Glance
- Customer Segmentation and Personalization have made the shopping experience more interactive which enhances the conversion rates. Dynamic display of the products, Promotional offers for specific customers based on their features like gender, Age, Order History, etc. also boosts the chances of a sale.
- Dynamic Rule-Based Product Relations assign rules to understand what kind of products should be displayed for upselling, cross-sell for the different segments of Customers. Condition Based tools are used to set the rules to target product suggestions.
- Elastic Search provides suggestions for spelling mistakes done by the customer, does the synonym management for increasing the relevancy of the search. It handles large Catalogues which scales the search capacity.
- It boasts a powerful admin experience. An advanced and interactive User Interface makes the admin panel work easier. The dashboard helps in monitoring the business and Analysing the sales and other business-related data.
- The Magento Commerce Cloud has an AWS-based environment that has high scalability and availability, High-Speed CDN which provides a good user experience.
Based on the above features we can say that Magento 2 is the best solution available right now for an e-commerce business. The use of advanced technologies has made this platform more customer-centric which eventually increases the conversion rate for the store. The upgradation from Magento 1 to Magento 2 has been very helpful for the developers, system admins, and Quality Analysts as well. Currently, Companies like Land-Rover, Timex, Timberland, etc. have a great belief in Magento 2.
This is a guide to the Features of Magento 2. Here we discuss the Introduction to Features of Magento 2 and the different Features like Advanced Technology, Latest Tools, etc. You can also go through our suggested articles to learn more –