Difference Between Excel vs Numbers
Spreadsheets are used in every business environment and are also even used for personal use and analysis. Numbers and Excel are two tools that are widely used for both personal and professional culture to work. Although Excel is more popular when compared with apple number both the tools are self-sufficient and reliable to work on. In this article, we will try and understand the basic difference between excel vs numbers and we will understand both the tools in detail along with their characteristics.
Head to Head Comparison between Excel vs Numbers (Infographics)
Below is the top 8 difference between Excel vs Numbers
Key Differences between Excel vs Numbers
Let us discuss some of the major differences between Excel vs Numbers:
- The major difference between excel vs numbers is that of compatibility and versatility while excel works on major platforms both mac and Microsoft. On the other hand, apple numbers only work on IOS operating systems and not anything else this is due to the policies and structure of Apple company which is designed in this manner that they do not want any user to use products, platforms, tools, and software any other than MAC
- Another major difference between excel vs numbers is of the formulas. In excel there are more functions and formulas that are available when compared with apple numbers. Also, excel tends to keep things simple and crisp while numbers the user can get confused when applying any of its functions. In short, Excel has all the feature of number while number does not have each and every feature that excel can provide to its user
- Excel when used with large quantum of data set often is accommodative while number often tends to slow down when it is used on large data set the tool does not work properly and also keeps on hanging and freezing which makes the experience of the user bad and increases the popularity of excel, however, it can be dealt with on further updates of the tool
- The end user objective of the two tools used widely is also different apple numbers work efficiently and smoothly when used for casual or home used purposes and tends to slow down and fail when tested on big business data of huge inventories. On the other hand, excel is build to cater to huge corporations and Multinational Companies who need to draw meaningful analysis from huge data sets
- Excel is also used for bookkeeping purposes and can also be stored and generated on a periodic basis. Also on excel, visual basic coding (VBA) works efficiently. On the other hand, Apple Numbers does not allow the user to write VBA codes and automate tasks and projects which are often frequently used in various large organizations and multinational companies. However, Layout templates are offered in both excel and numbers
Excel vs Numbers Comparison Table
Let’s look at the topmost Comparison between Excel vs Numbers.
|Excel is being built by Microsoft the tech Giant||Numbers are being built by Apple the big mobile building company|
|Excel is more user-friendly when compared with Numbers||Numbers are not so user-friendly when compared with Excel|
|Excel has over 400 functions divided into 11 categories build in the tool||Numbers have over 262 functions divided into 10 categories build in the tool|
|Excel is compatible with huge data sets which are used in large corporations and MNC’s||Apple Numbers is compatible for small businesses or owner and also for casual and personal purposes|
|Excel works on the operating system or windows||Numbers work on the operating systems of IOS only and not on any other platform|
|Excel is not available on tablets and Pads||Numbers are available on IPads as a work of the Apps package|
|Excel does no loose speed when large or huge data set is loaded and worked on||Numbers loses speed when large or huge data set is loaded and worked on|
|Excel is more popular||Numbers are less popular|
It is clearly evident from the above conclusion that excel supersedes Apple numbers when analyzed carefully. However, both excel vs numbers has been built with a different objective and a different user base to cater to. Both the tools are constantly being worked on by the companies and various updated versions are being launched off the tool by the companies to enhance the user experience and make it more user-friendly and compatible.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Excel vs Numbers. Here we also discuss the Excel vs Numbers key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more-