Introduction to Digital Marketing Campaign Plan
The digital marketing campaign plan is the foundation on which brands build their growth story. There are many brands that are successful in implementing a good digital strategy, and it is time to take some tips from them. So what are the most ingredients of a successful digital marketing plan? The first would be to spend a good amount of time understanding and studying the market along with the customers and target audience. Gaining a good understanding of the market is extremely crucial for brands and companies across any sector. When brands start with good research, they can effectively create a plan that can be executed in a flawless manner. Digital marketing plans, therefore, requires constant hard work and effort, both in terms of resources and time, not only during the planning phase but also during the entire process of setting up, right up till execution.
Digital marketing is one of the biggest and most important investments for a brand, especially from the point of view of their future growth and development. According to Managing Digital Marketing, nearly 46 percent of brands still don’t have a defined digital marketing strategy, while 16 percent are still integrating digital marketing into their marketing plan. If brands do have any good digital marketing strategy, then they can innovate and grow in diverse directions on the one hand and learn from previous mistakes on the other hand. That is why it is important that brands focus on creating a digital marketing strategy that is strong, comprehensive and goal-oriented.
How to Create the Perfect Digital Marketing Plan?
Here are some things that brand managers can keep in mind while trying to create the perfect digital marketing plan for their brands and companies.
1. Digital Marketing Campaign plan – Understanding your brand’s story
Understanding this in a more intimate and intricate manner is one of the first building blocks of a digital marketing campaign plan.
Customers and clients are some of the most important components of any brand or business. That is why understanding their demands and needs is critical, as they are the ones that will help you reach the next level of profitability and success in an impressive manner. When making your digital marketing plan, talk and take into consideration all the opinions of your colleagues, including the sales and marketing team. At the same time, take into consideration the opinions of the employees who work in direct contact with the customers as they will have important and valuable inputs. This, in turn, will help brand managers to create content that is engaging, interesting and valuable, thereby empowering and generating better brand power and loyalty.
How to achieve the goal of understanding your brand?
Some tips through which brand managers can reach out to their sources to create the perfect digital marketing strategy includes the following ways:
- Have a talk with people who are experts within your particular industry. This will help you to understand your target audience in a better manner on the one hand and also improve your products/services that will engage with them in a better manner on the other hand.
- Another way in which brand managers can understand their brand better is by talking to the current customers about what they like and dislike about the brand. By understanding your brand from the customer’s perspective, brand managers can create a better identity for the brand.
- Talk to your sales and marketing team. It is better if you can contact those people who have left your team because you will understand the challenges that the sales team will have to face in order to reach their goals.
In short, building a brand story is essentially important and requires time, but it is something that will deliver immense returns in the long run. When customers connect with the basic persona/personality of the brand, then they create long and effective relationships that can truly stand the test of time.
2. Knowledge about competitors
Having in-depth knowledge of the competition is something that can add another layer to your digital marketing campaign plan.
Sun Tzu has correctly said that ‘If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained, you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.’’ In a time period where there is intense competition in almost every sector and industry, standing out in the crowd can be a challenging task. That is why it is important to understand how the competition functions and use tactics that will help you create a stronger and more powerful impact. In addition, online media has intensified the amount of competition by giving customers multiple options.
The web has given a lot of choices and purchasing power into the hands of the customers, making it very important for brands to create a digital marketing campaign plan that is effective and engaging in the true sense. Ignoring the competition can sometimes prove to be fatal for brands and companies across all sectors. Understand the tactics that your competition is using in social media and on every platform, as this will help brand managers to create the digital marketing campaign plan with a solid understanding of the manner in which the industry and its related aspects function.
What is the way in which brand managers can stay ahead of their competition?
Here are some ways in which brands can stay ahead of their competition and manage to secure a better position in the industry:
- Make a list of all your top five competitions both in the digital and non-digital media.
- Search engine optimization can help you understand the keywords that customers are searching for in relation to your industry. It will also help you understand which companies come up when these keywords are typed in the search engines.
- Social media is powerful, and therefore dominating the social media platform is integral to your digital success. Make an in-depth study of the social media reach of your competition and their promotion tactics as well. In addition, keep a lookout for their blogs and the topics that they are sharing and writing about, as this will help you create a digital strategy of your own.
In short, understanding your competitors and what is driving their success will help you to create plans that are comprehensive and more likely to succeed. Without this element, brands will be shooting in the dark and competitor analysis is a key element in a powerful digital marketing campaign plan.
3. Understanding the medium of connection
This is what will form another important aspect of a good digital marketing campaign steps.
Having in-depth knowledge about the brand personality and competition analysis is one thing and transferring the same knowledge and analysis to your customers is a different ball game altogether. While the sales team of an organization might have sufficient knowledge about approaching customers and enable them to stand out in the crowd, doing the same on digital media requires a good level of content strategy and implementation. That is why brand managers must invest some time to help position their content in a better manner so that it will stand apart from the rest of the competition and help connect with audiences on a large scale as well.
How can brand managers create a good strategy in terms of content in the digital arena?
Content strategy is an important aspect of digital marketing, and without it, the entire digital marketing campaign steps can fail completely. Here is something that companies must do to create a strong strategy:
- Understand the types of consumers and companies that you are planning to target. Are these companies brand to brand or brand to consumer
- Who has the power to make decisions within your group and the marketing efforts of your company?
- What are the major challenges and opportunities that you need to address in order for effective implementation?
- Analyze the success and failure of each digital marketing campaign step, so that you can learn from past failures and returns
While many brand managers may have a clear idea about how to implement a strong strategy, organizing it in an effective manner will require a good amount of skills, resources, and effort.
4. Creating customers – the Main goal of a digital marketing campaign plan
A key milestone for any company is the creation of leads, but this is not the end of the road. The eventual goal of the marketing team is to create a customer base that is loyal, engaged, and ever-expanding. That is why different elements in digital marketing campaign steps like social media, websites, messages, etc. have to be aligned in such a manner that they can help digital marketing companies to realize this eventual goal. Until and unless customers engage with the brand, they cannot be considered as a true asset to a company. Brand managers must always remember that a loyal and engaged customer is one of the most valuable assets of any company, especially in the times of increasing competition and rivalry.
What are the ways in which brands can engage their customers in an effective manner?
Here are some ways in which brand managers can create a connection with their customer base at different levels.
- Understand the mindset of the customer and help him at every stage from his the time that he considered your product/service until after-sales. The duty of a brand does not end with the purchase but they have to try and maintain a strong relationship so that customers keep returning only to your brand
- Reduce the clutter and additional work that the customer might need to perform in order to purchase a said product/service. No one likes to fill out long forms and answers
- Try to be kind and responsive to the needs of the consumer and offer them various extra services so that a continuous engagement is maintained
- Personalise all aspects of the communication as far as possible, because every customer loves to feel special and valued
In short, lead management is a very complex process that requires constant engagement and nurturing at every stage, in order to reach its final goal. That is why brands must focus on implementing the right procedures so that it becomes easier for the sales representative to reach out to your target audience in a simple yet effective manner.
5. Understand the power of social media and email marketing
In the digital world, social media and emails are two strong pillars that are an integral part of digital marketing. Email marketing is a very wide yet comprehensive field that requires a certain level of skill. It is important to understand which digital marketing campaign steps work best for email strategy because not all your campaign needs to be advertised on emails. So it is important to answer a few questions like who is your email target audience? What are the content and its mode of digital marketing presentation? At what intervals will the email be sent out. All these questions need to have precise answers before brand managers venture into email marketing.
On the other social media is another field that requires a good level of expertise. This is because there are very few companies who have cracked the code as to how they can create better engagement on social media platforms. Social media marketing is complex and contains three main focus areas including strategy, publishing, and engagement. It is important that content on social media is shareable because it increases the chances of going viral and therefore reaching a wide section of people around the world.
What are some of the ways in which brands can capture the attention of their customers on social media?
Social media can seem to be a very challenging field especially if brand managers are not able to understand the manner in which it functions. Social media engagement requires a lot more effort than just posting daily pictures and videos on your page. It requires constant interaction, engagement, and communication. Here are some ways in brand managers can create a better social media plan:
- Analyse the competition and learn from their tactics and methods
- Follow the 10-4-1 rule on social media pages. This involves that if there are 15 posts on your page, one should be an offer, four should be from your blog and ten of them should be from other sources
- Do not try to dominate all forms of social media. Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook all require different strategies and formulas so it is best to choose one platform and try to become better at creating a better engagement on that particular platform.
In short social media cannot work in isolation and requires a lot of research as brands will have to understand their target audience, where they are on these platforms and eventually reach out to them in an effective fashion. Once you have done that, you can go around creating a strong fan base, which in turn can be used to drive traffic to your websites and blog.
In conclusion, digital marketing cannot work as a stand-alone campaign. It requires constant hard work and engagement at regular intervals and this is possible only when brand managers are ready to take on new challenges and discover better as well as innovative methods to beat current obstacles and hurdles.
This has been a guide to Digital marketing Campaign. Here we have discussed the basic concept and How to Create the Perfect Digital Marketing Plan? in detail. You may look at the following articles to learn more –