Overview of DevOps Services
DevOps is basically creating a niche or environment that emphasize bringing both development and operational team together. Automation is a good add-on for continuous software development and delivery. Its main goal of building, testing, and release of software can easily be achieved if we work on DevOps services frequently and rapidly in an incremental manner.
There are some prime challenges which is encountered while adopting DevOps as a service:
- Time and cost trade-off in terms of release management and overall project management.
- Deployment transformation even for a single change in the deployment phase for a project during the project.
- At the time of long release duration and failed release due to bugs, i.e. some unpredictable releases.
- Repetitive procedures and slowness while performing processes manually.
- Breakdown of the system at each phase of development, testing and production environments, i.e. inconsistencies in the environment.
Objectives of DevOps
Let’s see the objectives of DevOps as a Service:
The key objective is to concentrate on the requirements of the project or the entire business requirement.
- Analysis: Analysis of the entire business requirement and then gathering the necessary information or data.
- Design: Putting all the gathered data into a proper format and then proceed with the development activity.
- Development Teams Should Develop Code: Optimized and ready to move codes.
- Compilation: Simultaneous compilation of codes to keep a check on the beauty of the code.
- Test: Without this phase, any software product is not ready for deployment; therefore, it is very much needed to go through testing in each phase.
How is DevOps Beneficial as a Service?
Given below shows how DevOps is beneficial as a service:
- Configuration Management (Source Control): Git, SVN, Bitbucket are very powerful source control Configuration management tools that help in creating repositories for all the codes and scripts to check in or check out at the time of release or build.
- Continuous Integration (Build Automation): Tools like Jenkins have really come a long way for managing all the builds. Then automation is another aid for integrating all the builds with all new features and plugins already available within the tool itself.
- Continuous Testing (Test Automation): Test automation also includes many tools like selenium, PyCharm for Python testing, and NG Test, so the entire builds are given as input, and after that release, the output can be generated with the help of allure report another report generation tool.
- Continuous Deployment: Continuous deployment here refers to tools like Docker and Kubernetes, which involve containerization to deploy the apps using these tools.
- Environment Provisioning: It Is all related to infrastructure building and allocation of resources with reuse of all the resources within the infrastructure; the use of hypervisor can also be considered on it. Openstack, AWS are kind of tools used for provisioning resources.
- Monitoring: Ansible and helm charts can be used for monitoring, and again it depends on the type of business requirement which the actual tool project needs.
- Reporting: One of the good reporting tools being suggested is Raygun which will help in keeping a check on the health of the software and is a crash reporting platform.
Scenarios for all objectives of DevOps as a Service
Benefits of Opting DevOps as a Service
Given below are the benefits mentioned:
- Qualitative or Improved Software: Quality and improved Software will be delivered to the end customer as desired.
- Improved Stability of Releases: If incremental or continuous integration is done, the software builds will ultimately be stable and bug-free as well.
- Improved Deployment Quality: Frequent deployments help improve the quality of deployment activity and the entire DevOps as a service.
- Synchronized and Friendly Niche or Environment: Synchronized environment here refers to the development of software, followed by testing, staging, and production-ready.
- Lessens the Communication Gap: The gap or the bridge between Development and operational teams gets erased by these services.
- Improve Productivity: With Continuous integration and continuous deployment, overall productivity is what the market demands.
Conclusion – DevOps Services
There is a criticism or drawback on the same DevOps as a service that is somewhat like any type of cloud computing, such as the reliability of the end customers on the service provider’s ability to avoid server malfunctioning. Specific to DevOps as a service, compared to traditional cloud computing, it is just like we are providing some rent to perform all the activities we can do using data as a service. For example, Oracle as a DevOps service will create a lot of cross-channel consumers. Not only these but many DevSecOps also are associated with DevOps as a service. Therefore, it is very much needed to adopt these services and improvise the overall production procedures with a qualitative product.
This is a guide to DevOps Services. Here we discuss an overview, objectives, and benefits of DevOps as a service with some prime challenges. You may also look at the following article to learn more –