Investment Management Courses
Investment has a close relation to the fields of business management, finance as well as economics. Investing is redirecting the monetary resources as well as assets in an active way so that benefits are gained in future in the form of profits instead of consumption of the money as and when it is generated. Investment management is asset management in a professional way of different kinds of securities (bonds, shares as well as other types of securities) and also of other assets such as real estate so as to be able to meet the goals of investment that have been specified in order to provide benefits to the investors. The investors can consist of the institutions like the educational establishments, charities, corporations, pension funds and insurance companies or the private investors which can be directly through contracts of investment or in a more common way through schemes of collective investment such as exchange-traded funds or mutual funds. In case of private investors as well as investing institutions, investment management is called “fund management”. The services of investment management are also known as “portfolio management and wealth management services”.
Investment Management Industry
The industry of investment management is booming and has the responsibility of handling as well as generating huge amounts of money and for large scale monetary transactions all over the world. The services of investment management comprise stock selection and asset elements, financially analysis, constant investment monitoring and investment plan implementation.
Areas of Investment Management
Investment management consists of the areas of finance as well as business management.
Investment Management in Business Management
Investments can be made either in the form of assets that are tangible or assets that are intangible. “Investment decision making” or “Capital budgeting” are involved in investment management in terms of assets investment management.
Investment Management in Finance
The investments that are financial in nature are made through the purchase of financial securities as well as assets from the market. Generally, purchases are made by the investors of properties that have a high value such as residential and commercial real estate, gold, other items that are precious, etc. The handling of various bonds and stocks, security investments, etc. with the expectation of getting profit yields in future are known as financial investment management.
Elements of Investment Management Courses
- Return – Financial instruments are bought or sold by the investors so that returns can be earned on them. The investors get the rewards in the form of “return on investment”. The return consists of current income along with the capital gains or capital losses that might be a result of either an increase or a decrease in the price of the security.
- Risk – The variability of returns that may exist in case of an investment may result in a probability of loss which is known as risk. This can lead to an interest loss or loss in the dividend or even in the principal amount pertaining to the investment. However, returns and risks cannot be separated. Return can be measured as it is a statistical term that is precise but even though risk cannot be considered a “precise statistical term”, it can be quantified. Both risks, as well as returns, are import while considering the process of investment.
- Time – A significant factor in case of investments in time. Many distinct courses of action are offered by it. The investor’s attitude determines the time factor as he follows the policy of “buy or hold”. With the passage of time, it is expected that there might be a change in conditions causing the investors to evaluate the risks and returns expected from every investment that is made by them.
The period of investment or time is one of the main considerations while choosing an investment avenue. The period of time may be –
- Short Term (up to one year) – for meeting the objectives, the avenues of investment that involve either minimum or no risk at all are appropriate.
- Medium Term (1 to 3 years) – avenues of investment which give returns that are better and which carry risks that are slightly more can be taken into consideration.
- Long Term (3 years and above) – since there is the accuracy of the time horizon, the investors can have a look at those investments which provide the returns that are the best and are taken to be riskier.
- Liquidity – Another important factor to be taken into consideration when making investments is liquidity. This is with reference to the investment’s ability to be converted into cash whenever the requirement arises. The money may be wanted back by an investor at any given point in time. Thus, liquidity should be provided to the investor by the investment.
- Tax Saving – The benefits related to tax exemption as a result of investments need to be given to the investors. Certain investments are present that give exemption of tax to the investors. The investments that save tax lead to an increase in the return on investment. Thus, the investors should think in terms of income tax savings and make investments of money in such a way that the returns on investment are maximised.
Investment Management Courses Course Description
This is the section that gives the introduction to what the course is all about and helps in understanding the basics of investment management.
The next section is related to investments and it is further divided into – an understanding of speculation, investments as well as savings and explanation of investments
Understanding of the Risks
This section comprises the following parts –
- The continuation of the risk profile of the investor
- The reasons why investments are made by people
- Compounding of interest
- Rule of 72
- Life Cycle along with Inflation
This section consists of the financial planning along with the financial planner
Types of Investments
The various investment types consist of the following –
- A tradeoff between risks and returns
- Conservative moderate
- Direct Investment and aggressive investor
- Indirect Investment
- Stock market investment
- Return on investment
- Primary investment in the stock market category
The section of analysis deals with the various types of analysis which can be –
Stocks as well as Mutual Funds
This section consists of the following –
- Stock Exchange Advantages
- Advantages as well as disadvantages of mutual funds
- Open-ended schemes with respect to mutual funds
- Mutual Fund Schemes of various types
What are the requirements/pre-requisites?
Investment management courses consist of a learning curve which is gradual. The reason for this is that the investors should be having knowledge related to the basic concepts of investment management so that the person is able to understand the module in a better way. The major requirements for this courses on investment management include the following –
- The investment management courses require that the learners have certain basic knowledge related to the various investment options that are available.
- The learners are also expected to have some basic knowledge related to numbers so that they are able to understand the various concepts that will be covered in the training.
- For gain a good understanding of the course, the learners should possess a passion for learning.
Target Audience for this Investment Management Courses Training
The target audience for the training on investment management courses will mostly comprise the new students who will be visiting the site for gaining an understanding which is related to the topic of investment management along with the benefits that may come along with possessing this knowledge.
- Besides, the students, the other target audience will include the following people –
- Anyone else who may show interest in learning about investment management and has an approach towards investment management that is practical in nature
Investment Management Courses FAQs
- Will I find it difficult to learn about the various aspects related to investment management? What are the main things that this course will teach me?
No, you will not find learning about investment management difficult even though you are new to it. You just need to possess some basic knowledge of investment management and numbers but the important thing that you should have the willingness to learn new things. If you have that desire within you, you can easily learn as well as understand the concept of investment, the reasons why investments are made, the risk profile of the investors, role that is played by the financial goals, the various types of investment products along with their risks as well as returns, investments in mutual fund and also about stock market.
- What will be the benefits of learning about investment management?
The course is mandatory in case your intention is to have an understanding of the entire concept of Investment Management in a practical way. The course on investment management will be helpful to you in all the phases of your life. You might be belonging to any professional background or to any field for understanding this course. This can benefit even the retirees and housewives who show interest in it. The language used is very easy and the course is extremely simple. It will assist you in understanding the way savings, as well as speculation, differ from investments. It also helps to make you understand about the way the different types of investors are classified and the various risk profiles along with the role that is played by inflation in our investments and why investment management is needed at all.
- What are the basic concepts that I will learn from this course?
The basic concepts that you will be learning from the investment management courses will consist of the entire compound interest concept, the role as well as the significance of financial planning and the way the financial planner can provide us assistance in the achievement of our goals. Besides this, you will learn about the various investment products that are available and the tradeoff between risks and returns for all the investments and the concept related to the allocation of assets for all the types of investors. Calculating the rate of return, understanding direct as well as indirect investment concepts, the concepts as well as processes that are involved in “Primary and Secondary Stock Market Investment Factors” that have an impact on the investments in the stock markets are the other concepts that will be covered. You will also be learning the technical analysis concepts and futures as well as options which come under derivative investment, gaining practical knowledge of fundamental analysis and the various formulas used in it, investments in mutual funds, their advantages and disadvantages, the formula and concept for NAV and also the different kinds of mutual funds and the way in which the various options can be used for investment returns to be good.
Career Benefits of this Investment Management Courses Training
- Low Cost with High Income
The costs involved in pursuing this training on Investment Management are very less in comparison to the high income that it will help in earning in the stock markets if the correct investment option is selected. The training provides a number of career opportunities in the stock market as each and every concept is covered in a detailed manner. It can help in both making your own investments in a judicial manner and assisting others in making investments by utilizing the information that is attained from the course
The training which this course provides is detailed and gives clarity of all the concepts of investment management. Deep insights are provided in the field of investment management like the various types of investments that can be made, the risks that are associated with these investments, the way a person can do financial planning, stocks as well as mutual funds, economic, industry, ratio and also current assets ratio analysis. In the end, a summary of the various concepts covered is also provided. After a successful completion of this training, the trainee will be in a position to be able to make computations with respect to various investment plans. All this will be very useful for a career in the sector of finance, especially in the stock markets. The knowledge in terms of the various investments provided by this training will definitely increase the prospects of a successful career in the financial sector.
Investment Management Courses Testimonials
Julian Anna B. Roque
The investment management courses on educba was extremely helpful to and now I am hopeful of pursuing further courses which are related to it. The training provided through videos as well as the course material provided me a lot of assistance in learning about investment management and a wide range of concepts related to it. The training was quite comprehensive and covered all the aspects of investment management. The knowledge that was imparted practically was excellent and it is proving to be very useful in my current job also.
I really like the various courses that are offered by this site. I undertook the course training on investment management. It was made to appear very simple and language used was easily understandable. At the same time it gave me detailed insights into investment management and other related concepts. The course provided very good examples and it was presented in a very practical manner. People such as the retirees and also the housewives will find such courses useful and will definitely benefit from it. It will help them in understanding where to make the investments so that returns are high and risks are comparatively low in the option selected.
The quality of the investment management courses training on educba was exceptional. The course was simple to understand even for a layman and it provided explanations that were not only very simple but very accurate and practical. I come from a marketing background, have pursued my masters in business administration degree with specialization in marketing but I truly gained a lot of knowledge related to investment management from this course which I did not have previously. The insights provided into investment management are wonderful and the content of the course is simply awesome. I will highly recommend this course to those people who want to build up a successful career in the financial management field.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Investment Management- Investment Management Courses Your Guide to Investment Courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|