Stock Market Game – Before starting with the actual article, I would like you to analyze this particular picture. What does it tell you? Difficult to actually analyze right? You see a monkey, a harassed child, a boy falling, a man worried and what not!!! This image is actually the answer to this whole article and the reason behind writing it. So let’s continue reading and you will understand why this particular image.
I would like to introduce you to an incident that is silly if you think but also leaves us with an important lesson. Now you may be wondering that what can be silly and important at the same time. These two situations remind you of figures of speech like Irony, paradox and what not!!! Again let’s not get into figures of speech, because we know how many of us actually liked them during our school days.
So coming to the main point of our discussion, here is the silly yet an amazing story of Raymond.
Let’s get into his behavioral instincts, i.e. what we call as the “Human Nature”. Raymond has always been a very enthusiastic child, then a teenager and now a grown up man. He always liked to try new things. He went for a school picnic to a “zoo”, and came running when the monkeys snatched the banana from his hand (harassed child in the above picture). He had no idea what consequences of teasing monkeys can be!!! When he was in college he trembled during rock climbing at his College trek (Boy falling in the above picture). And now he did something altogether different.
He had no idea of what stock trading was. One of his friends happened to visit him from United States. During their get together, the rich and confident friend told everyone about the “stories of investing in wallstreet”. He narrated his entire story of how he was and where he is now. He told them stories of Warren Buffet and his investment kingdom. And that was enough for Raymond. His adrenaline had to pump up and next day; there he was, in front of the stock exchange building. He was completely mesmerized by the structure and the building that stood like rock. And then he made up his mind, that it was the day when he had to start trading. So he started trading with no initial knowledge and no plan of how to go about it. And as you can guess, he lost all his money in his immature trading saga. He had to then sit in his home all dejected and lost with low confidence. I think by now you must have understood why the first image. It shows you how over enthusiastic Raymond has been from his childhood and has been continuing doing the same.
But is this the end that we all want to Raymond’s story? Although he had no idea of trading before, it does not mean that he cannot have any knowledge going further. No doubt he was not planned, but we always learn from mistakes.
So now let’s analyze ways to cheer up Raymond. There is this one way where he can learn all the basics of Technical analysis. The other way is that he may join some courses on technical analysis. Such courses prove to be amazing learning point. The next option is quite interesting. We may like to engage him in some Paper trading before going for some actual trading. Paper trading is like virtual trading i.e. you have virtual money where one can play with no risk of losing it. Sounds interesting? Yes, it may act as your stock market game guide before getting into actual trading. Sounds like a good option for Raymond. But yes, the question still remains that how can we go about it. Don’t worry; we have numerous answer options for that. The word is Stock market game.
4.9 (3,296 ratings)
A Stock market game is a speculative game that allow players to trade stocks, futures, or currency in a virtual or simulated market environment.
- But the basic underlying concept is that these games allow players to gain experience or sheer entertainment by trading stocks in a virtual world where there is no real risk.
- Players can also compete with each other to see who can predict the direction the stock markets will go next.
- You might be amazed to know that Stock market game are also based on real life stocks from the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, NASDAQ, NYSE and other major market indexes.
- Stock market game is often used for educational purposes to teach potential stock traders (Raymond in this case) or future stock brokers about how to trade stocks.
- Online paper trading is a fun, free, and interesting teaching tool for students who want to learn about trading. Hence any course attempting to teach about investment banking and trading will be incomplete without such a interactive Stock market game.
- Students can form their group and their mentors can act as a group manager while playing such games.
- Getting students to play the Stock market game can become an extremely fun experience rather than a boring lecture on such complex topic that makes them yawn all the time in the class.
- Such a Stock market game experience improves knowledge of finance and trading.
- Another interesting fact that you may like to know is that the Stock market game is not merely based on financial markets.
- These are the games that are based on sports or entertainment ‘stocks’. Here the players invest in a particular sports team.If their team is doing well, the stock goes up and if the team is playing badly the stock value for that team falls.
Sounds like we have found a great way to educate our mate Raymond. These games can also be tried by you folks and let’s see how well you fare in them. The following is the probable list of games where you can try your hands on.
This game by BSE can help amateurs to gain some knowledge of the stock market.
- It is an interesting stock market game where you can learn without losing.
- It can be a wonderful platform for potential investors to build and manage their own portfolio and gain some insights of trading.
- This Stock market game explains you the step by step milestones in the process of investing.
- It is indeed an amazing game which will help you to understand the process of placing order, building your portfolio, competing with global investors and much more.
- You just need to register yourself by providing your email id for the same.
Smartstocks.com has bought to you a market simulation game allows you to learn the basics of global investment markets without risk. You might be new to trading (Just like Raymond) or you wish to learn how actual trading takes place, then you are on right track. There might be innumerable questions in your mind like:
- How to invest?
- What are the basics of portfolio management?
- How do I learn more about the science of portfolio construction?
- How do I measure my portfolio performance?
- How can I seek performance above the index for my portfolio?
- How can I mingle with and learn from and even spy on the trades of some of the best stock market traders?
All of your above questions will be answered when you open an account on fantasy stock market game. You will get quick access to $1 million in fantasy money. You have an excellent opportunity to learn to trade by trading in stock market game in real stocks. The whole stock market game experience is interactive, competitive, prize-driven and engaging. You can create your group with your friends and compete with each other. Smartstocks.com has been the largest and best interactive virtual stock market game in the United States since 1998.
Investing in the stock market can be a daunting and complex task. It comes with rewards, as well as risks. So, before putting your hard-earned savings on risk, why not practice with a virtual stock market game?
- Investopedia stock market game simulator uses real data from the stock markets in order to reproduce the experience of using a real online brokerage account.
- You will be provided here with virtual cash balance and you may place virtual trades using real market data.
- It is a great tool to introduce students to the stock market.
- It can be also employed to test new investing strategies.
- On the whole, it will bring to you the experience and feel of placing trade and orders.
- This Stock market game is pretty fun to play as well. So why not try our hands on it…..
- How the Market Works
- This Stock market game is great for investors looking to gain experience with a new type of portfolio.
- Through this particular game you have options to experiment with Forex portfolios, penny stocks, mutual funds and short selling.
- This particular game can be a sheer fun element for you. You absolutely don’t have to worry about set hours, maximum number of trades per day, per stock and order expiration.
- Another interesting fact is that a “realistic mode” increases the complexity after you’ve mastered the beginner level.
You will have the option to manage up to three stock portfolios and three Forex portfolios on the at once. There are also challenging restrictions like “short sells only” or “penny stocks only.” You also have the option to create your own password protected games as well.
Moneybhai is an investing simulation game brought to you by moneycontrol. When you register for playing the game, you will have Rs 1 crore cash in your portfolio account & a Rs 1 crore intraday trading limit. Thus you can start trading right away!!
- This amazing investment based Stock market game allows you to invest across various asset classes like shares, commodities, mutual funds and fixed deposits.
- There is also an option where you can reset your portfolio back to your original corpus of Rs 1 crore. This way you don’t lose by a big margin. So why not try this amazing game.
Types of Stock market game
You have to agree that all of us have become more or less gadget zombies. This is the world of smartphones and smart apps. All of us have innumerable games downloaded in our cell phones. Have you ever analyzed for yourself that you like a particular genre of games? Some of us may be more interested in “Brains and puzzles” other in “Racing games” or “Arcade and Action”. Just as our mind and brain is habituated to play a particular kind of game, why not apply the same logic for stock market game also. There are various types of stock market games. So we may now like to educate Raymond and ourselves for the types of Stock market game. This will also benefit the potential players or investor to identify the category of games and build their interest in them.
This type of a Stock market game will allow you to produce and manage your own portfolio of actual stocks that are traded in real stock exchanges. The difference is that the data provided is the delayed one, approximately 15- 20 minutes of delay. Keep in mind; these games are about stock market game in real stocks.
These particular simulators trade shares or derivatives of real world items or objects. These objects are such that they are normally not listed on a commodities list or market exchange, such as movies or television shows. Some stock market game simulators also focus on sports.
Tips for playing a Stock market game
Since we have now understood some good Stock market game, we now need to identify how we can make the whole process fun and a learning one. For people like Raymond, we are providing some important tips and tricks for playing such games.
- This games act as an excellent platform to check different investing strategies. Make use of your brains here, don’t worry, you have nothing to lose.
- You may like to check the status of the game daily. Every time the price changes you have the opportunity to make some money virtually. You may even win some stock market game prizes.
- Don’t worry about joining the game late; you may have the advantage of seeing how the prices have fluctuated from the start.
- Traffic patterns on weekdays and weekends are different. You may want to keep that in mind.
- Don’t be discouraged. Always learn from your mistakes, that why this games are for you.
- And the most important factor is …. HAVE FUN!!!
Get Reading to win!
Always a winner? Why not in stock market game? Here are some important points on which you will really have to stress upon.
You need to first understand that some basic knowledge of technical analysis will really give you some jump start in such games. Understanding of economics, Markets and personal finance will always come handy. Here’s what you can do to increase your chances of winning.
- Understand that stock market games are different from investing in real life.
- Make sure you invest almost all of your computer money.
- Look for stocks that are likely to go up and down a lot
- Don’t be very late.
- Check for any errors before submitting your trade.
- Don’t buy too many different stocks and confuse yourself.
So I guess enough of theory and more of practice. Now that you have read this article on Stock market game, I really hope that you will be atleast a bit, if not extremely, excited to try out such games. And if you really think of it, it’s educational, fun and virtual. You have the list of some good games, some stock market game tips, strategies and some winning tricks, what else do you wish for? Enough of convincing from me, lets visit some amazing sites and share your experiences with your friends. And let’s not forget our Friend ” Raymond”, the actual motivational figure behind this entire article. Let me cheer him up by sharing this article with him. You guys may also share this article with other Raymonds that you know, and educate them. Always remember that the more you share your knowledge with others more the wiser and inspiring person you are!
Thomas Edison rightly said…
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Related Courses :-
Stock market game Infographics
Learn the juice of this article in just a minute through Stock market game Infographics
Here are some articles that will help you to get more detail about the Stock Market Game so just go through the link.