Updated July 28, 2023
To enter any domain, one should at least meet some basic qualification requirements set by the organizations:
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance.
According to Payscale studies and statistics, 79% of Front-End developers are Men, 21% are Females, and due to job satisfaction, the average rate is 5/5, which is highly satisfying.
There is a saying in the world of Development that:
“Every day is a learning day in web development.”
Job Positions or Application Areas
A front-end developer’s responsibilities include the following:
- Develop new software applications from concept to finish, with regular tests and maintenance.
- To build reusable codes and libraries for forthcoming usage.
- Ensure the technical possibility of UI/UX designs.
- Enhance applications for maximum swiftness and scalability.
- Assure that all the inputs from the user are authenticated before submitting them to the back-end service team.
- Work together with other team members and investors.
Salary (US Data and Not India-Specific Figures)
|Skill||Monthly Jobs Publicized|
|Skill Set||Salary Earned|
|Years of Experience||Salary Earned|
|< 1 year||$60,125|
|1 to 4 years||$65,933|
|5 to 9 years||$83,959|
|10 to 19 years||$99,341|
|20 years and above||$110,407|
Conclusion or Career Outlook
- Build your portfolio site and do freelance projects along with the regular job.
- There is always a high demand for the highly skilled.
- It is blurring the boundaries of front-end & design and bringing out your imagination to its fullest.
- Faster-than-average growth predicted (27% between 2014-2024)
- Above-average annual wage (median annual wage around $63,490)
- Professional experience may sometimes be substituted for education.
- It may work across all industries, like finance, insurance, or telecommunications.