Introduction to Career In Oracle
In order to create and sustain a career in Oracle, one should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or Mathematics as a major. Along with that, it is imperative to have few other technical skills as well, which are hands-on experience or working knowledge in SQL & PL/ SQL, programming experience in core Java, fundamentals of Database concepts & workflow, familiarity with the Database Administration work, etc. Oracle also provides a variety of certifications for enhancing the profile of a person interested in pursuing a career in Oracle.
Education Required For Career in Oracle
Learning about the Oracle database is always a key switch for any candidate’s career in a different zone. People who have a very strong background in database management, specifically like data structure or basic ideas about how one database table can be maintained will always be helpful for them. A trainer has expected some big knowledge specifically on SQL and PL/SQL. Knowledge in Java will always be an added advantage. People who are coming from software programming background will have a great ability to involve and learning all the Oracle related task smartly and come with one very good career in the future. Learning clearly are one of the key requirement of understanding Oracle.
Career Path in Oracle
Experience in Oracle is always a wonderful career switch without any doubt. Oracle always comes with an excellent database management system, which is very supportive of the varieties programming language, especially in Java. Due to this big utilization, Oracle has planned and buy entire Java ecosystem from sun microsystem, and change sun java to oracle java. Only learning on SQL and PL/SQL is not enough if you really want to learn more about Oracle. Candidate should need to take some extra initiative for understanding and learning specifically on database administrator part which is the main attractive zone for the candidate who is willing to continue their great career in Oracle. There are different kind of certificates provided by the oracle on the database management system and Java.
- SQL Certification: This is one of the very basic exams needs to be clear by the candidate for proving expert in SQL queries. There are a lot of multiple critical queries which needs to be written for that specific exam, sometimes it has given some queries, output needs to confirm by the candidate. It is one of the easiest exams in Oracle to clear. Fresher’s and experience both can target the same for determining themselves as SQL developer.
- PL/SQL certification: Candidate should need to be advanced in PL/SQL part. This exam is interrelated with the above exam. Candidate should need to clear SQL exam before attending PL/SQL one. Candidate needs to face some critical question on Package, Function, Procedure, Exception part, and have to be more confident on those answer. It normally has multiple choice of questions. After clearing the same that candidate can consider as Database Developer.
- Data Administrator Certification: Normally experience candidate goes for this kind of certification. It is absolutely related to database administration related questions and not at all easy. A candidate who really have expert knowledge on SQL, PL/SQL and clear idea about the database environment, can target this exam.
Job Positions or Application Areas For Career in Oracle
Job for an expert person in Oracle is huge. They don’t have any restriction on the same. Experience candidate doesn’t need to think about their upcoming career if they really interested in upgrading their knowledge specifically in Oracle. Job position varies in Oracle database management system, one kind of job is purely for developers like in SQL or PL/SQL whereas other kinds of job totally in database administrative level, no doubt comparing both last jobs is too attractive than the first one. Expert knowledge in Oracle have below kind of job utility or title available in the current market:
- SQL and PL/SQL developer: Interviewer expects a candidate who has entirely clear knowledge on SQL and PL/SQL technology. They have to know about complex SQL queries, joining with multiple tables, Table integrity constant knowledge, and transaction management specifically commit and rollback, function, procedure, exception, package, cursor every kind understanding is the key requirement for the same.
- Database Administrator Role: Normally experience and a certified candidate can go for this kind of opportunity. It is not at all easy to crack the same, as an interviewer are expected very depth knowledge on tablespace, indexing management, performance tuning kind of critical part, which need to be learned by them properly.
Again salary is not at all any binding for Oracle technology. If someone really experts on specifically in SQL or PL/SQL then salary will be automatically increased. So no need to worry about the packages whatever you need. As an organization who looking for this kind of experts never thinking about the package, they always expect some key guy who has a proper depth knowledge on the same. But still as expected SQL or PL/SQL developer will not get that much package whereas one database administrator can break any kind of package in their future career. So expected people who already worked on SQL or PL/SQL developer always need to target their career for switching into the administrator level, then the only salary will automatically increase without any doubt. They don’t have any specific scale, but as per current buzz salary in Oracle can vary from $60000 to $160000 based on experience and role.
Oracle is always a very attractive career plan for anyone whether he or she is a fresher or experienced in SQL PL/SQL domain. Any SQL developer can target for switching to the database administrator role by learning some key courses available. And always target doing some certification which added an extra advantage in their career.
Oracle technology is currently more upgraded, almost every year they have come with some new version of the software, which has a variety of features in which most of the features are not covered by the developer. Anyway, for the developer, it is not the key requirement, as normal SQL, PL/SQL development similar knowledge is not required. But if the person works as database administrator role he has to know about admin level changes on each version, even certification from Oracle has been given which is based on the version available. So keep you updated and enjoy a great future.
This has been a guide to Career in Oracle. Here we have discussed the Introduction, Education, Career Path in Oracle, Job Position, Salary and Career Outlook. You may also look at the following article to learn more –