Updated May 11, 2023
Introduction to Career in Azure
As a global audience looking to find a clear answer, we have returned to eternal debate about what constitutes technical evolution in recent times. We have witnessed the changes in mobile technology in the past decade. Cloud Technology – is the latest edition in this debate. Let’s take a reality check for my readers about how much they know about Computing Devices.
Servers, storages, databases, networking, software, analytics, and intelligence are just a few of the several others to make them work for our comfort or need. These services constitute the global term “Cloud Computing”. So, cloud computing is the leverage of these facilities from the service provider over the internet. You need to pay for the services you take without troubling the related equipment’s management. It is the Microsoft Cloud Computing platform, just the way for Amazon’s AWS and Google’s Google Cloud.
- Azure was announced in October 2008 and released on 1st Feb 2010. It became Microsoft Azure in the year March 2014.
- Microsoft says that Azure is growing at a rate of 120.000 customers every month.
- Azure has deployed 4 million SQL databases.
- Every week, 2 trillion messages are processed by Azure IoT.
- More than 5 million organizations use Azure
- Azure registers 4 million developers.
- 85% of Fortune 500 companies use Azure entirely or to some extent.
Education Required for a Career in Azure
Why you should know about Azure Cloud technology. How and what education is needed? We will cover all these details in this section of the career in Azure article.
One thing that can be said regarding education is “the more you know, the better it will be”. No technology is there to last long in this faced paced IT environment. Let’s move ahead and check some relevant education for a successful Azure Cloud engineer.
- A bachelor’s degree is good (leaving the medical stream). This will give you a lead over others until the exact knowledge is tested.
- Bachelor’s in computer technology (BCA), an undergraduate technology on a computer, is very relevant.
- Com and BBA are also helpful in terms of education.
Now, clear all the doubts concerning the above details. If you have a B. Tech degree, things would be easier than other education streams. Eagerness, willingness to learn, and the growth factor are other reasons that are never partiality based on someone’s education.
There are several cloud certifications that we will cover in the career section.
Let’s check the career perspective for Azure by saying that there is no substitute for working experience. Certifications are a debatable topic in terms of scoring a job. Sometimes it has helped with the dream job, and sometimes it questions its usefulness. From a beginner’s point of view, these certifications are helpful, but with experience, the scenario varies. We will also see how good this technology is to opt for as a career for the people looking to make it a career. What will be the future market trends in this technology globally?
- Infrastructure and Deployment
- Intelligence and Security
- Administrator Certification Transition
- Developer Coe Solutions
- Developer Advanced Solution
- Developer Certification Transition
- Architect Technologies
- Architect Design
- Solution Architect Certification Transition
- DevOps Solution
- Azure Fundamentals
- Design and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solution
- Design and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solution
- Developing Azure Web Services
- Developing Azure Solutions
- Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solution
- Architecting Azure Solution
- Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with MS Azure Stack
- Perform Cloud Data Science with Azure Machine Learning
- Perform Data Engineering on MS HD Insights
- Engineering Data with MS Cloud Services
A detailed comparison of why Azure leads AWS:
- PaaS capabilities – Azure has stronger PaaS capabilities than AWS.
- .Net Capabilities – The.Net factors give a clear upper hand to Azure over AWS and other competitors.
- Security – Based on SDL (Security Development Lifecycle) design, Azure has an industry-leading assurance process in its favor.
- Hybrid Solutions for seamless Cloud connectivity – Amazon is still under testing, whereas Azure has ensured its hybrid capabilities well in advance.
- Learning Curve – It is less complicated w.r.t AWS.
Job Positions or Application Area for Career in Azure
Being one of the most discussed technologies in the market, it has a wide application area. The certification it offers is one such evidence of its wide applicability. Some of the major industries rely on Azure and the services it provides. No matter what your business model is, Azure has the potential to boost growth and sales.
Let’s have a look at the industry associated with:
- Financial Services
- Health and life science
Technology-wise, the performance of Azure is impeccable. Whether it be IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, or SAP, all must rely on Azure somehow.
There is a salary equation that all my readers are aware of, especially the experienced guys. The equation goes like this “Salary is directly proportional to technology in demand”.
Job portals are filled with Azure openings worldwide. Naukri has around 1200+ jobs for Azure positions in India alone; the same goes for Indeed, Monster, and LinkedIn. The influence over technology is increasing daily, which can be seen with this huge opening in the IT market.
The career in Azure is excellent, with several growth-related challenges. The different industries merging with technological advancement and the birth of countless startups across the globe is enough evidence to support the career positively. The more one understands the Azure cloud computing technology, the more opportunity it opens for you, including career paths, jobs, and more. According to IDC, by 2021, 38% of IT positions will be related to cloud.
Grabbing the golden opportunity is the demand of the time for Azure learners and users. The above facts and stats are alarming and indicate us to take the initiative towards the hot buzz technology in the market. It is the best time to invest in this growing technology. Time and effort invested will secure your future with a great PayScale, a prospering career, and tremendous growth.
This has been a guide to Career in Azure. Here we have discussed the introduction, education required, career path, jobs, salary, and career outlook. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –