What is Bootstrap Grid System?
Bootstrap Grid System is a collection of HTML/CSS constituents that enables you to roll out a website and helps you in keeping its content at significant settings with ease. If you want to create a robust website layout, then this System could be the perfect choice to achieve it with an ability to quickly generate grid layouts for all kinds of mobile devices. It enables you to craft out columns and rows, thereby placing the data in the ‘intersected’ areas. The bootstrap grid system has the capacity to generate twelve columns and countless rows, also known as a twelve-grid system.
Understanding the Bootstrap Grid System
This Grid System is made of three components namely:
- Container: A ‘<div>’ element effectively holds rows and columns and plays a vital role in offering the correct width to a particular layout.
- Rows: It is a class .row component that discharges the padding menu and acts as a wrapper all over the columns.
- Columns: In Bootstrap, different column class prefixes are used for the diverse sizes of devices.
For Example – .col-xs- prefix is used for device size <768px.
How does Bootstrap Grid System make Working so Easy?
With Bootstrap, it is easy to make layouts based on Flexbox, leading to achieving the required milestone. Creating columns of similar heights and widths is a major knack of this grid system, which makes it unique and helps you achieve much more realistic columns.
What can you do with Bootstrap Grid System?
Using the Bootstrap grid system will allow you to:
- Create Two, Three, Auto, Multi, and Compact column layouts.
It also helps in:
- The Offsetting, Nesting, Aligning, and Reordering of grid columns.
Working with Bootstrap Grid System
Working with the Bootstrap grid system brings in a certain set of important rules comprising:
- Columns should be the instant child of the Rows.
- The Rows should only consist of Columns.
- The correct position of Rows is inside the Container.
It is a framework fueled with out-of-the-box features. It is amongst the cutting-edge discoveries that play a pivotal role in creating websites and apps easily and better.
- Development Speed: Offering lesser CSS functionality and default codes, it helps you in saving your time. In addition, its convenient themes help in achieving your goals on time.
- Alertness: It is well-equipped with a responsive utility classes feature and a responsive framework with skillsets to modify the screen resolutions, thereby allowing you to hide/show a particular section of content.
- Uniformity: It ensures the utmost consistency in generating profitable outcomes in the long run.
- Customizable: It is a comprehensive platform providing personalization in order to design websites that best suits your profile. Moreover, its select any feature that enables you to choose the best from the rest!
- Support: It is backed by a strong support community and produces updates to mitigate risky issues on a regular basis.
Below are some of the required skill set to master Bootstrap Grid System Skills:
1. HTML Fundamentals
Before trying a hand on Bootstrap Grid System, it is essential to have basic knowledge of HTML. Understanding HTML at a basic level will surely give you an edge while working with Bootstrap Grid System.
2. Basic Knowledge of CSS
3. Basic Knowledge of JQuery
Basic understanding of jQuery is important as Bootstraps includes some parts of the jQuery framework. In short, before using Bootstrap, it is important to have basic knowledge of CSS, HTML, and jQuery. However, even if you have a basic understanding of these three, you can start using Bootstrap to develop a website.
Why Should we Use the Bootstrap Grid System?
Below are some of the reasons to use it:
- Excellent Grid System: For creating any page layout, the need for a good grid system is of paramount importance. Bootstrap has one of the best responsive grid systems. It is very handy when it comes to hiding contents.
- Fast and Easy to Use: As bootstrap has predefined classes and templates, it reduces the need for coding. With the help of bootstrap, you can develop a website with ease. Bootstrap is one of the fastest and easy to use front end frameworks available in the market.
- Responsiveness: The need for creating a responsive website in this digital world is of paramount importance. Its fluid grid layout adjusts to the perfect screen resolution. With Bootstrap, you can create a mobile-ready responsive website with ease.
- Open Source: As this is an open-source platform, you don’t have to deal with licensing and purchasing problems.
- Consistency: With the help of Bootstrap, you can resolve inconsistencies between developers and designers. The central set of development codes resolves the problems between the development front and end-user front. Every platform gets a similar result from Bootstrap. Whether it is Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer, Bootstrap looks the same on all browsing platforms. Irrespective of who is working on the project. Bootstrap offers great consistency to users.
How Bootstrap can help you in the Career Growth?
This has been a guide to Bootstrap Grid System. Here we discuss working, advantages, required skills and why should we use the Bootstrap Grid System. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –