Difference between Backbone js vs Angular js:
Backbone js is very lightweight such that its size spans around 7.5 KB in production and around 72 KB in development. It provides key-value binding and customized events functionalities to the web applications.
Angular provides greater speed and performance and supports the development across all the platforms and supports different tools with integration and mainly it was backed by Google, it has more user base and the larger community that is more credible and reliable.
Head To Head Comparison Between Backbone js vs Angular js (Infographics)
Below is the top 9 difference between Backbone js vs Angular js
Key Differences between Backbone js and Angular js:
Both Backbone js vs Angular js are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Differences Between Backbone js vs Angular js:
- Backbone js library has MVC pattern where data will be abstracted as a model, DOM as views and binding these both as events whereas Angular js framework provides MVC framework which needs configuration setup and code needs to be developed in a loose coupling way rather than making it more complex that takes some time.
- Backbone js library provides greater functionalities, cleaner, easy to maintain code whereas Angular js needs more configurations and causes some confusion in making the configurations for binding the events.
- Backbone js has larger community support and provides offline community education programs and mobility programs as well whereas Angular js users will not be given any support individually by Google as it has already large user based community and greater support from its community.
- Backbone js provides binding functionality in the case of events and call-back functions handling whereas in the case of Angular it is difficult to use both types of bindings initially which creates some confusion among the developers to adapt.
- Backbone js an MVP based architecture whereas Angular js is MVC based architecture and cannot use the HTML parsers in the browser.
- Backbone js performance is much faster than Angular js in the case of more number of pages and larger applications whereas Angular gives less performance in the case of large data binding events and complex applications where Angular can be compared similar in the case of smaller applications.
- Backbone js is primarily concentrated on high performance whereas Angular js requires more configurations and more code for smaller applications as well.
Backbone js vs Angular js Comparison Table
Below is the topmost comparison between Backbone js vs Angular js:
|The basis of comparison Between Backbone js vs Angular js||
|Definition||Backbone js is a UI framework in JS based on MVP (Model View Presenter) design pattern.||Angular js is also a UI framework in JS but based on Typescript.|
|Usage||Provides binding and custom event functionalities to web applications.||Dynamic and rich web pages for the SPA applications.|
|Integration||Supports integration with different frameworks and web applications as it is lightweight to use.||Supports integration with different frameworks, tools, and IDEs.|
|Platform||Supports any modern web applications to handle the complex events and data binding.||Supports cross-platform and any modern web browsers.|
|Generality||Backbone js can be used along with different frameworks like jQuery for the mobile web and desktop applications.||Angular js is available in many versions since many days and is backed by Google and Angular js is called Angular from Angular version 2 onwards.|
|Community||It has a larger community similar to that of but lesser than Angular.||It has a larger community and many individual contributors.|
|License||It was licensed under MIT.||It was also licensed under MIT and maintained by Google.|
|Compatibility||Supported only by all modern browsers and web applications.||Supports all modern browsers and all cross-platform operating systems or applications.|
|Data Binding||Data binding is easier in Backbone js.||Data binding is difficult in Angular js.|
Conclusion- Backbone js vs Angular js
In this Backbone js vs Angular js article, we have seen that Backbone js is a front-end UI library whereas Angular is a front-end framework for modern mobile, web and desktop applications and supports different third-party tools or application integration and has greater community support for both Angular js vs Backbone js. The choice depends on the type as Backbone is lightweight and can be used along with Angular to handle complex data bindings and custom event handling.
Backbone js along with Angular js gives more stability compared to Angular js alone and is recommended in case of stable and high-end applications those need quality and adaptability to complex changes in the application whereas Angular js can be preferred alone in the case of smaller applications where performance is not an issue. The choice of selecting the framework depends on the parameters required for the application and the organization using the application, security features, community support, and easier or faster technical resolutions in the cases of glitches or failures in the application functionalities or components.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Backbone js vs Angular js. Here we also discuss the Angular js vs Backbone js key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following Backbone js vs Angular js articles to learn more –