Difference Between AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud
AWS is referred to as Amazon Web Services. It is a cloud computing platform. The AWS platform was launched in 2002 earlier but then re-launched in 2006. Amazon provides the different services that are Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as s Service (SaaS). It is an on-sale cloud. AWS provides different offerings in Infrastructure like Computer power; in this, AWS provides the virtual machine configured by them and customized machines as well.
The customers can also choose the size, power, memory, etc. It also provides temporary storage, for instance, and offers networks like a public cloud and a private cloud. In a virtual private cloud, users can isolate networks within the cloud. Subnets, private IP addresses, and network gateways, route tables can be created. Azure is the product of Microsoft and mainly referred to as Microsoft Azure. It is also a cloud computing service platform. It was created by Microsoft and initially released in the year 2010. It supports the Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems. It is used for building, deploying and testing and managing applications. It also provides different services IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
In Azure, the computer power or machine can be selected, and this machine mainly refers to VHD, which is called Virtual Hard Disk. It can be configured by them or the user and maybe the third party. Google Cloud is a cloud computing platform which was developed by Google. It was initially released in the year 2008. It was written in Java, C++, Python, including Ruby. It also provides the different services that are IaaS, PaaS and Serverless platforms. Google cloud is categorized into different platforms like google app engine, google compute engine, google cloud datastore, google cloud storage, Google big query and google cloud SQL.
The customer can select the configuration. It offers temporary storage and supports different frameworks and programming languages, and databases. It offers the network like AWS is providing, but in Azure, the network is indicated as a virtual network and provides the same offers of creating subnets, IP addresses, etc. Google cloud platform offers high-level computing, storage, networking, and databases. Google cloud offers different forms of networking like virtual private cloud, cloud CDN, cloud DNS, and load balancing, etc. It also offers big data and the Internet of things (IoT). Cloud machine learning engine, cloud video intelligence, cloud speech API, Cloud Vision API, etc. also different parts of machine learning in google cloud.
Head To Head Comparison Between AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud(Infographics)
Below is the top 14 difference between AWS and Azure and Google Cloud
Key Differences Between AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud
Both AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud
- AWS provides the instances of virtual servers and virtual machines. Azure provides the virtual hard disks, and Google Cloud provides the virtual machine instances.
- AWS instance can be purchased in any of the following models from On-demand, reserved, and spot. An azure instance can be bought in any of the models from on-demand and short-termed commitments. For Google cloud, it can be from On-demand and sustain use.
- AWS charges its users Per hour. It uses pay as you go model. Azure charges its customers as Per Minute. Google cloud charges its customers Per Minute.
- In AWS, ECS is being used as Docker management. Container service is being used for Azure for the same. Google container engine is being used for docker management in google cloud.
- In AWS, the glacier is being used for archive storage. In Azure, archive storage, and for google cloud, the cold line is being used for archive storage.
- In AWS, Amazon cloud search is being used for search services. In Azure, Azure search is being used. For google cloud, it’s not there.
- In AWS, Amazon Kinesis is being used for Analytics. For Azure, Azure stream analytics is being used. For the Google cloud platform, Cloud data flow and cloud data preparation are being used for analytics.
- In AWS, AWS ops work and config are used for automation. For Azure, Azure automation is being used. For google cloud, compute engine management with the puppet, chef, etc.
- In AWS, AWS cloud HSM is being used for Compliance. Azure trust center is being used for Azure and googles cloud platform security for compliance.
In AWS, AWS key management service is being used for security credentials. For Azure, Azure key vault and google cloud platform security for google cloud are being used for security credentials.
AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud Comparison Table
Below is the 14 topmost comparison between AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud
|The basis of comparison||
|Caching||Elastic Cache||Redis Cache||Cloud CDN|
|Processor||In AWS, 128 can be the maximum processor in VM||In Azure, it can be 128||In Google cloud, it is only 96.|
|Marketplace||In this, AWS marketplace||Azure Marketplace||G Suite Marketplace|
|App Testing||In AWS, a device farm is being used.||In Azure, DevTest labs are being used||Cloud Test lab is being used in this.|
|GIT Repositories||AWS source repositories||Azure source repositories.||Cloud source repositories.|
|Platform as service||Elastic Beanstalk||Cloud Services||Google App Engine|
|Storage of Object||S3||Block Blob||Cloud Storage|
|Managed data warehouse||Redshift||SQL warehouse||Big Query|
|Kubernetes Management||EKS||Kubernetes service||Kubernetes engine|
|File Storage||EFS||Azure Files||ZFS and Avere|
|Serverless computing||Lambda is being used for serverless computing||In Azure, Azure functions are used.||In google cloud, Cloud functions are used.|
|API management||Amazon API Gateway||Azure API gateway||Cloud endpoints|
|Media services||Amazon Elastic Transcoder||Azure media services||Cloud video intelligence API|
AWS vs Azure vs Google cloud all is used for the same purpose. They are providing almost the same services. It supports all the platforms, operating systems, and structures. AWS vs Azure vs Google cloud has the difference that is listed above. Some are having differences only in name, but their functionality is almost the same. So, while selecting which cloud platform one has to go, the recommendation is to use the free trial version and check that which one suits the user requirements most effectively. It means use it and choose it.
This has been a guide to the top difference between AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud. Here we also discuss the AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more.
- Top Differences of WebSockets vs WebRTC
- Oracle vs SQL Server-Comparison
- Agile vs Prince2 – Top Differences
- Distinguish Between JDBC vs ODBC
- Heroku vs AWS | Comparison