Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the branch of computer science, which is used to create intelligent machines. The machines that act like humans like some of the activities performed by the AI machine that is speech recognition, learning, planning, and problem-solving etc. AI was founded in 1956 as an academic discipline.
Artificial intelligence refers to the human intelligence or mimics the human behavior by the machines. Artificial intelligence is mainly divided into three categories that are Narrow AI, which means that thing is trained to perform a particular task in a certain way. The second is artificial general intelligence (AGI), which means that this is human-level artificial intelligence and ability to perform the wide range of tasks assigned to it. The third category is Super intelligent artificial intelligence, which is one step ahead. It is the AI which is way smarter than human brains in every field like creativity, wisdom, skills etc. In simple terms, it means machine outsmart humans.
Machine learning (ML) is referred to as the subset of Artificial intelligence (AI). It allows a computer to handle the situations via training, analysis, observation, and experience. All the machine learning counts as Artificial intelligence but all AI does not count as machine learning. It is considered one of the best tools of artificial intelligence that is suitable for business.
Machine learning is based on the principle that machines learn by themselves with help of taking data from various resources. Machine learning allows machines to make predictions based on the recognition of complex data patterns and sets, and ML is different from the hard-coding software program that requires specific instructions for task completion. It has the capability to change itself when it is exposed to more and more data machine learning by itself dynamic and does not require any human intervention for making certain changes.
Deep learning (DL) is referred to as the subset of machine learning. It is generally referred to a deep artificial neural network and these are the algorithm sets which are extremely accurate for the problems like sound recognition, image recognition, etc. deep learning is also defined as it enables a computer to learn without being programmed to do so.
Deep is the technical term that refers to the layer of the neural network. A superficial network that has a single hidden layer and network that is deep has multiple layers. These layers allow a network to acquire data features.
Head To Head Comparison Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning (Infographics)
Below is the top 6 difference between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
Key Differences Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
4.7 (2,660 ratings)
- Artificial intelligence has different types like reactive machines, the system only reacts, does not have the memory like the washing machine. Machine learning enables a machine to make decisions based on past data. Deep learning enables a machine to take the decision with help of artificial neural networks.
- Artificial Intelligence type is having a limited amount of memory. Machine learning mainly works on less amount of training data. Deep learning mainly requires a large amount of training data.
- Artificial intelligence has other type is the theory of mind, which means system being able to understand human emotions and adjust the behavior according to human understanding. Machine learning works on low-end systems. Deep learning needs high-end systems to work.
- Artificial intelligence is used to make the system like self-awareness, it means system being aware of themselves and understand its states, predicting other peoples feeling and act accordingly. Machine learning’s most features need to be identified in advance and manually coded. In Deep learning, the machine learns the features from the data it is provided.
- Artificial intelligence mainly works on the whole problem. In machine learning, the problem is divided into parts and solved them individually and then combined it all. In deep learning, the problem is solved in an end to end manner.
- Artificial intelligence takes a very long time to test the applications. Machine learning takes longer time than deep learning. Deep learning takes less time to test the process.
- Artificial intelligence has defined rules. Machine learning is having crisp rules to tell why the decision was made or taken. In deep learning, the system takes the decision based its own logic and sometimes it’s difficult to interpret.
- Artificial intelligence in future will use in detecting the crimes before it happens and human AI helpers. Machine learning will be used in future in increasing efficiency in health care and it will provide better marketing techniques. Deep learning in future will be used in increasing personalization and hyper-intelligent personal assistants.
Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning Comparison Table
Below is the 6 topmost comparison between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
|The basis of comparison Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning||Artificial Intelligence||Machine Learning||Deep Learning|
|Definition||Artificial intelligence is human intelligence exhibited by machines||It is an approach to achieve AI||It is a technique to implement ML.|
|Subset||Artificial intelligence is not the subset of a machine or deep learning||Machine learning is the subset of Artificial intelligence||Deep Learning is a subset of Machine learning.|
|Programming||Artificial intelligence require full programming thing to make the system||Machine learning does not require any hard code algorithms||Deep learning does not require any programming to achieve things|
|Complex||Artificial is more complex as one has to know everything||Machine learning is less complex than AI||Deep learning is less complex than machine learning.|
|Existence||It came in 1956||It came around 1980’s||It came around 2000|
|Examples||Amazon Echo||Search engine result refining||Automatic translation.|
Conclusion – Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning all are related to each other and the motive is to achieve the things more quickly and at the rapid rate. As we already discussed, Machine learning is a Subset of AI and Deep learning is the subset of machine learning. Artificial Intelligence is the bigger picture and core thing to achieve various things in the world of computer and information technology. From above we are able to see what is the difference between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning and their future use as well. So, today’s and the future world is of Artificial intelligence and its components like machine learning and deep learning and other components as well.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning. Here we also discuss the Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more.