Difference between Angular and JQuery
In the digital era, any business must be digitally present with features to engage its target audiences. The digital market is nothing but websites we see all over the internet. Web development, as of now, has become so complex with the arrival of new technologies in the market.
This makes the job of web developers more challenging as the expectations from them have increased in terms of:
- Rich UI
- Less coding with extended functionality
- Easy DOM(Document object model) manipulation
- Dynamic templates
- Cross-functional support
- Easy testability features
There are several platforms to achieve your dream website with user-centric functionality. This blog, Angular vs. JQuery, covers the 2 most widely discussed titles in web development: Angular and jquery. This is what we are covering in this Angular JQuery article.
What is Angular – Angular is a TYPESCRIPT-based open-source front-end web application platform that allows you to create reactive single-page applications (SPA’s). Angular combines declarative templates, dependency injection, end-to-end tooling, and integrated best practices to solve development challenges.
Before we move ahead, it’s better to clear some fundamental terms. Angular is a SPA. So what exactly is SPA?
Head to Head Comparison Between Angular and JQuery (Infographics)
Below are the Top 6 Comparisons between Angular vs JQuery:
Key Differences between Angular and JQuery
Below is the list of points that describe the differences between Angular and JQuery:
- Jquery is a library usedfor DOM manipulation, whereas Angular is a framework.
- Jquery has nothing to do with the models; Angular is used to create SPA (single-page applications).
- Jquery does not have two-way binding features, whereas Angular has critical features like routing, directives, two-way data binding, models, dependency injection, unit tests, etc.
- Jquery becomes complex and challenging to maintain when the project size increases, but in the case of Angular, things are different as they are manageable at a big project size.
- Many times, one has to write more codes in jquery to achieve the same functionality. In contrast, Angular reduces these criteria as the codes are generally not longer as compared to jquery.
Angular vs JQuery Comparison Table
Following is the set of points describing the comparison between Angular vs JQuery.
|1. Release date||26th August 2006(current version 3.3.1) as of Jan 20th, 2018)||Angular’s latest version (6.0) has got a stable release date of 3rd May 2018.
|2. Learning Curve||Easy to learn and understand||Tough to understand|
|6. Features list||•Cross-browser compatibility
|•Angular directives, which are an extension to HTML.
• Two-way data bindings
•Validation of forms
•Use of RESTful API
The conclusion always is a challenging part as it has some objectives for its reader. In this Angular and JQuery article, we have seen two words, i.e. FRAMEWORK and LIBRARY, many times. So let’s discuss what exactly these Angular and JQuery terminology means.
- FRAMEWORK – has a rule based on which it is made, but here a user can customize the things inside it as per his need. He can manipulate it by adding or deleting things. E.g. Bootstrap is a framework.
- LIBRAY – is a collection of behavior written in a specific language? It is used to execute functions (or perform results). E.g. Jquery, Curl is a library.
However, there always remains a constant jostle between jquery and Angular. But it all depends upon your objectives and the client’s needs.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Angular vs JQuery” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.