Introduction to Algorithm Library in C++
The library defines a large number of specific functions to be used in various elements at a time or a range. Like any other language, C++ also has a wide range of functions in a library. In this article, we are going to see the Algorithm library in C++. The algorithm library contains various functions, each has its own purpose. Let’s discuss those functions.
C++ Algorithm Library Functions
C++ algorithm library functions can be categorized into 4 different parts as follows:
- Modifying Sequence Operations
- Non-Modifying Sequence Operation
- Sorting Sequence Operations
- Heap Sequence Operation
Let’s discuss them in detail.
1. Modifying Sequence Operations
Some Modifying algorithm functions are given as follows:
- Copy: This function will copy the range of the element
- copy_n: This function will copy the n elements of the range
- copy_if: If a certain condition is met, the function copies the elements of the set.
- copy_backward: This function copies the element in a backward manner
- move: This function moves the range of the element
- move_backward: This function moves the range of elements in a backward manner
- swap: The function switches between the value of two objects.
- swap_ranges: This function will swap the Value of two different range
- iter_swap: The variable flips the related values of two iterators.
- Transform: All values are converted into an array by this function.
- Replace: In the range, this function will replace the value with the help of specific Value
- replace_if: If a certain condition is met, the function replaces the value of the array.
- replace_copy: The function copies the value range by replacing the element.
- replace_copy_if: If a certain condition is met, this function copies the range of values by replacing them by an element.
- Fill: The function fills the value with a value in the array.
- fill_n: This function fills the value in the Sequence manner
- generate: This function will generate the value for the range
- generate_n: This function is used to produce sequence values.
- Remove: This function is used to remove the value from the range
- remove_if: If a condition is achieved, the function removes the values from the range.
- remove_copy: By removing it, the function copies the values of the range.
- remove_copy_if: If a condition is fulfilled, the function copies the values of the array.
- Unique: This function will Identify the unique element of the range
- unique_copy: The function copies the Unique elements of the set.
- Reverse: This Function reverses the range of the element
- reverse_copy: The function reverse values to copy the range.
- Rotate: The feature rotates the array elements to the left.
- rotate_copy: It copies the elements of the left rotating array.
- random_shuffle: In this function, the range randomly shuffles
- shuffle: With the help of a generator the function forms the array randomly.
2. Non-Modifying Sequence Operation
Some non-modifying algorithm functions are given as follows:
- all_of: The following function checks all elements of the array for one condition.
- any_of: The following feature checks certain elements in the array or some of them
- none_of: This function will check if none of the elements followed the condition of not followed
- for_each: The function applies the operation to all scope components.
- Find: This function will find the value in the range
- find_if: Finds the function for an element in the range.
- find_if_not: The function finds a component within the range but the other way around as above.
- find_end: The function is used to return the range’s last component.
- find_first_of: For the item that satisfies a condition, the function finds and occurs at first.
- adjacent_find: This function search and finds the equal and adjacent element in the range
- count: In the range, this function returns the count value.
- count_if: The function returns the number of values that a condition satisfies.
- Mismatch: The function returns the value of the first mismatch in sequence.
- Equal: This function is used to check whether two different ranges have equal elements or not.
- is_permutation: The function tests whether the reference set is another array permutation.
- Search: In the range the function search for the subsequence.
- search_n: The function is scanning the scope for an item to occur.
3. Sorting Sequence Operations
Some Sorting algorithm functions are given as follows:
- Sort: In the range, this function is used to sort all the elements.
- stable_sort: The role sorts the elements in the array to preserve the corresponding range.
- partial_sort: The role sorts the elements in the array in part.
- partial_sort_copy: After Sorting the function copy all the element
- is_sorted: This function will check all the ranges are sorted or not
- is_sorted_until: The function checks until a range is sorted for which element.
- nth_element: This function is used to sort the elements in the range
Binary Search Sequence Operations:
- lower_bound: Returns the lower border of the range feature.
- Upper_bound: Returns the range’s upper limit component.
- equal_range: The function gives the same elements to the subrange.
- binary_search: The feature will check whether or not values in the array are sorted.
Merge Sequence Operation:
- merge: The function fuses two ranges in a sorted sequence.
- inplace_merge: Two consecutive sets are mixed, which can be sorted.
- Includes: The function checks whether or not the sorted range covers a different range.
- set_union: The role returns to the two-sortiment group.
- set_intersection: The method returns the ordered intersection between two sets.
- set_difference: The method returns the two-sorted difference.
- set_symmetric_difference: The function returns the two-sortiment symmetric difference.
4. Heap Sequence Operation
Some Heap algorithm functions are given as follows:
- push_heap: The function pushes the heap with new elements.
- pop_heap: New elements appear in the heap of the variable.
- make_heap: The feature is used to create a heap.
- sort_heap: This Function is used to heap the sort
- is_heap: The function verifies if the range is a heap.
- is_heap_until: The function checks until the position of a heap is determined.
This is a guide to Algorithm Library in C++. Here we discuss the C++ algorithm library functions which include modifying sequence operations, non-modifying sequence operation, and sorting sequence operations. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –
- Mean Shift Algorithm Clustering
- Gradient Boosting Algorithm
- Classification Algorithms
- Types of Symmetric Algorithms