Difference between Adobe Premiere vs After Effects
What gives you a buzz when you are out with friends? How you come to memorize all the things about the places you visit. Yes, we are talking about the videos which we shoot on such occasions like party, birthday and outing with friends. As such shooting the Video and taking snaps are the eternal part of a programme. Many of them like shooting “selfie” videos and snaps, for such kind of people suitable applications need to be developed.
Now, the time came when we have to edit the videos and we need to know which software is good for us. Editing the video is an important task as we need to remove something and keep something, can’t keep the original frames without editing. Well, editing enhances the quality of the video, by applying some effects and trimming the unwanted scenes, adding or removing extra colors and giving blur effects which is my favorite.
There are loads of software available in the market. Everyone’s giving back a push to each other. The two software’s which we are going to discuss below are “Adobe premiere” and “after effects”. Both Adobe Premiere vs After Effects software’s are the products of Adobe and costs nearly similar. They are not similar both are different and has to be used one after the other.
Head To Head Comparison Between Adobe Premiere vs After Effects (Infographics)
Below are the top 10 differences between Premiere and After Effects
Key differences between Adobe Premiere vs After Effects
Both Adobe Premiere vs After Effects are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Differences Between Adobe Premiere vs After Effects:
- Timeline Panel – Adobe premiere has big timeline panel with lots of functionality in it which allows to user to manipulate as he wants. After effects have fewer options to deal with it as it deals with composite clips instead of multiple.
- Editing tools – Premiere is designed to edit the videos so it got first class, easy and precise editing tools for both audio and video. Whilst After effects has some editing tools but they are not user-friendly as one has to learn the procedure of operating.
- Audio mixer – This is one of the major factors because even audio is equally important as video. Premiere has a perfect panel called “Audio Mixer” which give all possible effects to audio. After effects don’t have the perfect tool for audio editing.
- Multicam – This is the mind-blowing tool developed by the premiere which extracts all possible single images from the video and allows which to keep and which to remove. Again these are the part of editing tools so After effects lag in such kind of tools.
- Masking – This is the tool where Afters effects come in a boom when compared with the premiere. This is an option to track in between the scenes which are good for effects creation and compositing. This is the time for after editing tools, as usual premiere doesn’t have these kinds of tools.
- Camera Tracker – This is a versatile tool of After effects which allows the user to make multiple copies of the camera movements which further allows adding new layers which match precisely to the original movements. And this function is not available in the premiere.
- Effects – After effects have a huge collection of these tools. It is built around to create unlimited and enormous varieties of effects. It has motion control effects tools, color control tools, blurring shadows and transitions. Even though premiere got some of the readymade tools to put some effects on edited videos but the in a lesser amount. Since the pro version of premiere also doesn’t have many effective tools to put effects.
Adobe Premiere vs After Effects Comparison Table
Below is the topmost comparison between Adobe Premiere vs After Effects
Conclusion – Adobe Premiere vs After Effects
As per the discussion, it seems that both Adobe Premiere vs After Effects has plenty of overlap on each other. If someone wants a recommendation for Adobe Premiere vs After Effects then obviously both should be the answer. To get fully edited video effects are as compulsory as editing tools.
So as per for editing Adobe premiere should be the preference and for giving effects “After effects” should be the preference. As per the customer reviews are concerned usually peoples are using both Adobe Premiere vs After Effects simultaneously. Using one software is good for learners and not for professionals.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Adobe Premiere vs After Effects. Here we also discuss the Adobe Premiere vs After Effects key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- Adobe Illustrator vs Adobe Photoshop
- Which Adobe Photoshop is Right For Me?
- Best Tools Introduced in Photoshop
- Proper Guide on How to Use Adobe Illustrator