Updated April 20, 2023
Personality Development – Have you ever observed people who are the center of attraction all the time? They have that superb quality, due to which people get attracted to them. So, how do they manage to do this? Well, the answer is simple they have a personified personality. Their aura is not only learned but is the reflection of their inner self.
Anyone can develop such a personality, but you must learn all the required skills to help you excel in this art. Come, let’s explore the possible ways by which anyone can acquire excellent personality development. Whether you are an introvert or have low confidence, this art can be learned and practiced excellently. This article will explore the best tips and ways to develop that attractive personality.
Personality Development- Behavioural Tips
- Be Good: It is vital not just to pretend to be helpful; you must do that to be that person. For instance, if you realize that someone is in need, you can guide them and say, I feel if you go to that person, he can help you. Or you can give a small piece of advice. Your satisfaction after helping someone is fantastic; that will reflect on your face and personality development.
- Do you need to change: Let’s understand when it’s time for you to change. Suppose you are talking with someone, and that person, is nodding but not interested in you or your topic! The person is looking at his watch while speaking to you. The person suddenly hops onto someone else and talks for hours with that person. There is sudden silence in the room as soon as you enter. So, come out of your cocoon and see the world unbiasedly. Soon, you will realize that you must adapt to a new environment.
- Work on Inner beauty: We all work on external appearance, but when you speak, everything gets reflected, whether you are arrogant, dominating, self-centered, or not concerned. From your actions and way of behaving and say, it all gets reflected. So make sure that you work on your inner beauty or personality. Having a great look takes you just a couple of months, but to have excellent personality development, you need to work for years to develop that aura and confidence, which will make you “a complete man.”
- Are “you in self-doubt: Many times, people are genuine, and they know how to carry themselves, but they lack in their confidence levels, and they cannot express themselves adequately. They have fear in them; am I speaking right or not? What will people think about me? Are they making fun of me? Such questions of self-doubt suddenly take you on the back foot. Often, these people know a lot more than the people speaking. It is because they have a fear of the audience.
- Work on your confidence level: You need to develop a carefree attitude, be confident, and think; people will speak negatively about you as they are jealous or don’t want you to become the center of attraction. Another thing is that you can be with your friends and publish, start speaking, develop the habit of participation, and speak in the discussion. Speak less but tell relevant. So that you gain confidence and people will understand that you can also talk and give your advice.
- Learn from Mistakes: If you are learning anything new, you are bound to make mistakes, be prepared to say sorry and apologize genuinely. You can make a respectful corner among your friends and colleagues by saying sorry. Learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself, and move on. Do not stop until you have learned from your mistakes. This may take you years to learn, which is fine; at least you are learning and trying your best. You are a thousand times better than those who never try and are timid to confront their introverted personalities.
- Evaluation (OthersOthers’ack): Keep evaluating yourself regularly. Sometimes you will get feedback from your peers like, woo, I didn’t know you negotiate so well, or You can discuss matters so well. Hey, how could you solve that problem so quickly? If such feedback comes your way, you are on the right track. And you are improving gradually. But If you are not getting feedback, then it’s time to have another mechanism for you to evaluate.
- Self–Evaluation: For this, maintain notes about the personality traits you need to improve. Like public speaking, you boost confidence, a pleasant personality, helpful nature, socializing, dressing sense, and likewise. You need to find out what you need to work on first. Jot them down on paper with dates and search for the best way to learn that skill. Check for Google if you don’t have an alter ego or mentor of yours. From Google, you will get tips on what you need to do first. Take one trait for improvement at a time, excel in it, and then move ahead.
- Develop your network and Socialize: Today is the age of networking, be social with people; you should often go on outings with friends, and you will have self-knowledge about things and develop the confidence to travel independently. Secondly, with your network, you know how to speak and interact, when to take credit for yourself, and when to share and help. When and how to say no without hurting, you will learn all these basic things when with people around.
- Imitate: If you know of someone fantastic in team building and has a great personality, observe that person by heart, try to be that person most of the time to learn from him and how he does such things; the more time you spend in observing and learning more you understand about his positive and negative points. You need to adopt only the best qualities and not the negative ones. There is no harm in learning from your idol. Sometimes we can have two or more idols with whom we can stay and learn.
- Adaptive: You can only learn when you are adaptive; if you are rigid with your thought process, then learning new things and personality development is next to impossible.
- Fun Loving: Always working for targets and remaining a serious and boring kind of a person is never able to develop a fan club of his own; you need to be fun-loving and add some humor while the severe discussion is going on; this will break the monotonous routine in the room, and burst the stress balloon as well. But do it in a controlled and acceptable manner.
- Time Management: It is crucial to stick to your time; this will help you prioritize things and decide what to do, when and how to say no, and where to schedule what. With time management, you will learn to know your priorities and scheduling, which reflects better team management qualities, and you will be able to lead. But first, manage yourself, and then you can manage your team well.
- Courageous: Taking a stand for your decision is good quality, but you must learn how to express your thoughts and decisions. The win-win solution is the best approach; however, there are situations when you are bound to make tough decisions, the courage is to stick to those plans, but the smartness is when you can handle it smoothly when convincing all the stakeholders involved so that there is minimum dismal in the environment.
- Great host: It does not matter if you host the party or not, what is essential is to show concern by asking people around like you should have some snacks, that one is good, have some water you are dancing for a long. I am going to get some food. Are you coming along?
- Complement others: If you see someone looking great, it is always good to compliment them; they will love you for that. It’s nIt’snly about dress; this is valid for their impressive victory, speech, or any other quality you admire the most.
- Read: A habit of reading will fetch wonders in your personality. The changes you have been trying hard for will come automatically to you. It will transform you from within and help you evoke your inner hidden strengths, from which you were unaware to date. Further reading helps you to introspect about yourself. When you have the habit of daily meditation, chances are you will evolve as a better human, leading to personality development with time and regular practice.
Behavioral Tips for Personality Development
- Know your body type: It is essential to know your body type, skinny, fat, shot height, plump, or long-legged. Further, what is your face type, round, oval, flat, or with a distinguished face cut? What are your hair type, texture, and color? Your skin color and type. Is your skin allergic to cosmetics, sensitive to sun or cold? Once you know the answer to these things, you will have a better idea of what to have in your wardrobe regarding cosmetics and what you should never try.
- Work on your attire: Dress according to the environment and situation; when going to the official party, try dressing up in a one-piece dress, shining top, or blazer with elegant jewelry. Learn the make–up tips as well. Likewise, distinguish your daily official formal attire and your family function attire. You can have exercise attire, sleeping attire, and shopping clothing separately, making you look and feel confident and fresh every time.
- Accessories: Accessories are a great way to add to your personality development. You need to know what suits you best. Further, you should be able to carry yourself confidently while wearing those accessories. The wrong way to select is to buy what looks on you or what you like the most on the shopping cart or shelve. Accessories include shoes, jewelry, bags, perfumes, watches, pens for boys, ties, cuff links, wallets, visiting card holders, and your laptop bag; all makeup for a great look.
- Your body language: this is universally accepted that your body does 70% of talking, and people will judge you by your gestures, not your speaking. So you need to know what your body is conveying while you speak and if it sounds too offensive, aggressive, or timid when you put your point across. People will judge whether you have the confidence to express what you are saying or whether your mind and mouth are in different directions. Be watchful of your body and its signals to the listeners.
- BE ORIGINAL: The next critical point to consider during personality development is to be original. It is a famous saying that an original is always worth more than a copy; hence, one should always be what he or she is rather than pretending to be what they are not. Everyone on this earth is blessed with a unique property, and that particular individual must maintain or enhance that property. An individual should never try to copy or steal personality. Also, one must always try to adopt only the good habits of others.
The pointers mentioned above are easy, yet you need to have the confidence that you can do it, and you should not be in a fake notion that they are simple, so why give them time? In both thought processes, you will fail in your ambition. Therefore, following the mantra of slow and steady wins the race.
Gear up for a battle that is your battle with yourself! All the best for your new journey, hope to see a new you.