Introduction to ZBrush Character
ZBrush Character can understand as designing and sculpting of models for creating characters from them and we use those characters for different types of purposes such as in characters of games designing, animation video, and so on. Here in Zbrush, we can create a number of characters by using its sculpting tools as well as sculpting features. You can start from the very beginning to create a character or take a base model then edit that model for getting your desired character in this software. Here in this article, I will tell you how you can start creating characters and also tell you about some of the best Characters that are designed in this software. So let us start our discussion.
How to Create ZBrush character?
Before we have look at some of the best characters of this software let us have a quick view on basic methods of sculpting characters in this software.
If you want to create characters from the very beginning then we can take a Default sphere shape from the list of projects of this software. For having it go to LightBox button of this software and click on it and in the models we can have it.
Once we make double-click on it then it will come in the working space of this software.
Now go to Standard Brush tab which is at the left side of working space.
Here we have Move tool which we will use for sculpting our characters.
Now I will mask this sphere first and for that hold the Ctrl button of the keyboard to turn the mouse cursor into the mask pen.
And I will make click outside area from this sphere.
Now hold Ctrl + Shift button of the keyboard and drag the mouse cursor to unmask selected area.
Now choose Move brush from Brushes button and I will increase the brush size. If the brush size is large then it will pull a large area (polygons of mesh) of the sculpting model. So according to our requirement, we increase or decrease draw size. Hold Space bar and you will have this panel from where you can increase or decrease draw size.
Now go to the unmasked area and hold click then pull the area in a downward direction for creating lower jaw of the face of the character.
You can pull it many times for creating proper shape.
If you want to smooth out any area then hold the shift button of the keyboard and drag the mouse cursor on that area, it will smooth that area.
Choose Dam Standard brush for creating eye lines on the face.
And I will create it like this.
You can draw side lines for the nose also.
Now go to the Append button of Subtool for having one more sphere here in the working space.
And I will move this sphere like this.
We can create a base of nose by using the Move brush.
By the same way, we can add eye balls here.
Use Move brush tool for creating a proper structure of the face. Same as the face we can create whole body parts of our character one by one.
Now let me take a preset model and tell you how you can work with that. Go to LightBox and choose a character model from there. I will choose this Average Man model.
And with different types of brushes, we can manipulate this as per our choice.
I will take Rake brush and let us see what we can do with this brush.
You can create this type of embossed area on the surface of your characters.
If you want you can smooth out it too by holding the shift button on the keyboard.
There is many more brushes which we use during character designing as per the design of our character. Such as SnakeHook brush which you can take for creating snake-like shape on your model.
If we draw it will give you this type of result.
So these are some basic information about Character of Zbrush and how you can create them from very beginning. Now let me tell you about some best characters of Zbrush.
ZBrush best Characters:
Although you can find a number of characters that are designed in this software but here I am going to tell you some of the best characters those you may find very interesting and inspire you to design your own characters with your own idea.
1. The very first one is Vince Rizzis Assassins Cread character which you will find playing major role in character modeling in Zbrush.
2. If you are looking for the best barbarian character then the Barbarian character created by a collaboration of Igor Catto and Rafael Grassetti is one of the best examples of it.
3. Next character can be good example of hairs created by using Fibermesh and it is Portrait of Sylvia which is designed by Jungwon Park.
4. The next one about which I will tell you is Faris cinematic character created by Mohamed Abdelfatahs gives you an example of how you can create a model with lots of good detailing.
5. Cris Delara’s Snow white pin-up is the best 3D version of Rodrigo Lira.
6. If you want to see best example of a model created by using ZSphere tool of Zbrush then you can check JFK likeness of Zhaomenglong.
7. Vi can come into the best gaming character of ZBrush which is from League of Legends and created by Gilberto Magno.
8. Most realistic character model which I find is the likeness of Loretta Young that is created by Anders Ehrenborg using the cool features of ZBrush.
9. If you want to see incredible management of lighting for creating atmosphere then you must go through character Drogo of Baolong Zhang tribute to Game of Thrones.
Here I told you about best characters those designed in Zbrush and also given you an overview about how you can start creating a character in Zbrush. Now I will suggest you to go and check out these best character models for having idea about how you can create your own best character model.
This is a guide to ZBrush Character. Here we discuss the Introduction, How to create ZBrush character? You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –