Difference between Xamarin and React Native
Head to Head differences between Xamarin and React Native(Infographics)
Given below are the top differences between Informatica vs Datastage:
Difference Between Xamarin and React Native
Let us evaluate xamarin and react-native on the following factors:
- Performance: As far as performance is concerned, fast code execution and 64-bit support are considered as major performance evaluation factors. Xamarin provides 64-bit support and allows us to use native tools directly. Also, xamarin allows developers to run their code faster on IOS and android operating systems. In comparison to xamarin, react-native does not provide 64-bit mode support on android. Moreover, it does not perform well when there is a requirement to run code faster on IOS.
- Scalability: Xamarin is more scalable than react native as xamarin provides a complete set of widgets, whereas react-native requires a lot of manual work to give applications a native look.
- Easy Availability: React native is freely available; on the other hand, xamarin’s free framework lacks a lot of features, and its advanced version is a paid one.
- Installation Process: For installing xamarin, you will have to spend hours as it involves the use of a visual studio, downloading components, and a couple of other things while react-native can be installed in less than three hours; that’s why to react native is more productive than react native.
- Testing: It is easier to do unit testing in xamarin as compared to react-native; xamarin provides XCode Simulator for IOS, but react-native only allows debugging and testing on Android emulator, which has some issues.
- Consumers: Common users of React Native are Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Skype, and Walmart, while Siemens, Honeywell, Slack are top consumers of xamarin.
- Founders: React Native was developed by Facebook, whereas Microsoft invented xamarin.
Comparison of Table
Here is a comparison table showing differences between xamarin and reactive native:
|Basis of Comparison||Xamarin||React Native|
|Founded By||Xamarin was founded by Microsoft in 2013.||React Native was founded by Facebook in 2015.|
|Performance||Xamarin provides a faster UI as compared to react-native.||React native is usually slower than xamarin.|
|Features||It provides basic features.||Provides richer features as compared to xamarin|
|Scalability||More Scalable||Less Scalable|
|Productivity||Provides less productivity||It is more productive than xamarin.|
|Installation Time||It takes a longer time to install xamarin.||The installation process is fast and easy as compared to xamarin.|
|Unit Testing||Testing and debugging is easy in xamarin.||Testing and debugging is complicated as it makes use of an Android emulator.|
|Operating Systems Supported||Xamarin can be used to build android, IOS and windows based mobile applications.||Using react native only, android and IOS apps can be developed.|
|Users||Siemens, Honeywell, Slack are top users of xamarin.||Facebook, Instagram, Skype, Tesla, Walmart, Airbnb are top consumers of React Native.|
|Cost||Advanced features of xamarin are available only in the paid version.||React native with advanced features available for free.|
|Use Cases||Usually used for simple applications.||It can be used to build all applications.|
|Market Support||Xamarin has strong market support.||React Native has very strong market support.|
This is a guide to Xamarin vs React Native. Here we discuss the difference between Xamarin vs React Native with Key Differences with infographics and a comparison table. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more–