Introduction to Mobile App Design Software
In the age of mobile phones and Smartphones, ‘Mobile app design software’ is a commonly heard term. A mobile app design software is a small software application that runs on mobile phones or other mobile devices and serves some specific function or provides information on a particular topic. Some examples of the mobile app that usually every smartphone comes preloaded with, are: calendar, calculator, e-mail, clock, and weather information. Additional mobile apps can be downloaded on the phone through a mobile app store native to the Operating System of the phone you own, such as Apple’s App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone Store, and BlackBerry App World, which are the distribution platforms for these apps.
The popularity of Mobile App Design Software
36 percent of smartphone and 45 percent of tablet users purchased at least one app in the year 2014.
More than 100 billion mobile app design software was downloaded from the Apple App Store, as of June 2015.
We have seen the popularity of mobile phones growing over the last decade. Mobile phones have now been replaced by smartphones that are full of apps. An app has the ability to directly target its actual user-base and has the ability to absorb the consumer. Therefore, the demand for various apps has risen over the last few years.
Apps Make Your Phone a Multi-Purpose Device
Mobile messaging app WhatsApp boasts of more than 900 million active users per month!
The trend of mobile phones has caught up with consumers because the various apps on the phone make it a multi-purpose device. This small gadget single-handedly acts as a phone, a camera, an organizer, personal assistant who informs you about your schedule and appointments, instant messenger, a navigator to guide you on your journey, your personal trainer who tells you how much more work-out is required to burn a specific amount of calories to keep you fit, a dictionary, a music player, a movie player, a gaming zone and numerous other utilities.
App development tools
Conventionally, a layperson like you or me cannot even deem it possible to create an app on his own. After all, mobile app design software is not everybody’s cup of tea. It requires some amount of engineering knowledge as well as extensive work hours and trials. But now, it is possible for an amateur like you or me to develop our very own app. A large number of Mobile App development tools are now available that can guide you through each step of mobile app development.
Features of App Development Tools
These software or mobile app tools are platforms that can help you create or design your own app in a matter of seconds and at a fraction of cost or sometimes without any cost.
Mobile app design software can have the following features:
- They have all the tools required to design an app:- integrated notifications, functionality with various programming languages, built-in photo galleries with high-resolution images, location-aware GeoRSS, custom CSS, and personalized branding & designing, etc.
- No more working twice as hard for the same app. A single App development tool lets you develop a mobile app for Android as well as Apple do its cross-functional feature.
- These tools allow you to publish your app directly to the google play store as well as its an iPhone app version to the iTunes App Store – with a single click.
- There is no limit on the number of apps you can develop and publish
- They provide an excellent platform for ambitious developers to display their talent and target the right audience
Let us now learn about some of the most popular and efficient tools that can help you to develop your own app.
RhoMobile offers Rhodes, an open-source framework, based on the programming language Ruby.
You can create apps on various mobile Operating Systems including Android, Windows Mobile, iPhone, Symbian as well as RIM. This tool can be downloaded from http://rhomobile.com/download/
- You can program your app on Rhomobile with coding and programming languages like Java, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Native apps developed on Rhomobile are completely compatible with available hardware, offering you great speed and precision.
- You will require code once in Rho mobile framework and would be able to use the same code to create apps.
- It has great widgets, effects, and styling libraries to help improve the utility and look of the apps
- It has RhoHub, a hosted development environment, and RhoSync, an individual server so that users can access all the app data conveniently.
Appcelerator powers over 1,000 native apps per month.
You can start using Appcelerator by signing up at http://www.appcelerator.com/signup/
- It allows cross-platform native mobile app design software
- You will find mobile App design software such as mobile backend as a service(MBaaS), mobile test automation, crash detection, and performance management, and mobile analytics.
- You can access over 300 APIs and location information.
- Develops through and through hardware-based apps.
- You can store app data either in a virtual private cloud or on the device
- UI Development portability across various platforms produces unreliable or irregular LCD (lowest common denominator) design.
An amazing tool that will help you to develop your own app for iPhone, Android or Windows and also lets you create HTML5 mobile formatted websites and allows you to share your content with a much larger audience.
This tool is free of cost and can be downloaded from http://appmaker.en.softonic.com/. However, if you purchase a premium version for $79, per month, you can access other advanced features also.
- It is a browser-based platform.
- The best part about using Appmakr is that no coding is required for mobile app development.
- It follows a DIY (do-it-yourself) approach that makes the user very comfortable and completely at ease even if he is designing an app for the first time.
- It allows you to use any content that you may have and even social networking feeds so that you can create various facets of your app.
- Excellent UI abstraction without forcing an LCD design.
- Not so great Native performance
Xamarin web development tool helps you to develop apps in C# with Microsoft’s Visual Studio using APIs and data frameworks on iPhone, Android, and Windows platforms. It also supports cross-platform mobile app development.
- You will find class libraries, a C# compiler, and a virtual machine in Xamarin
- Xamarin uses the Mono-based toolchain.
- Excellent native performance quality and performance
- It does not allow complete User Interface (UI) portability across iOS and Android. As a result, you need to code APIs, widgets, event logic, etc separately for both platforms and hence consume a lot of time.
- In-built Xamarin overhead significantly increases its download time and also takes up larger storage space.
It lets app developers design native mobile app analytics and also provides hassle-free access to native APIs. You can easily use other hardware features such as GPS/location, camera, the accelerometer on your phone with PhoneGap developed apps.
This tool can be downloaded from https://phonegap.com/
- It uses standardized web APIs for Android, iOS, and other platforms
- It is an open-source platform that can be downloaded free of cost.
PhoneGap is now owned by Adobe
- You can take online training courses with its Adobe AIR app to guide the developer on using native API’s and designing mobile app analytics on PhoneGap.
The credit of launching WidgetPad goes go, Satoshi Nakajima,
This tool is also available free of cost and can be downloaded from http://widgetpad.soft112.com/
- WidgetPad uses a hosted SaaS (Software as a Service) model.
- You will find App development tools such as source code editing, collaboration, debugging and project management.
- WidgetPad allows you to distribute your applications to app stores.
- It allows you to easily port these applications to smartphone devices such as the Palm Pre and Blackberry.
Just like PhoneGap, MoSync is also FOSS multi-platform mobile app design software that can help you to create mobile app analytics with standard web programming languages namely C/C++, HTML5 for Windows Mobile, Android, Symbian, iPhone OS, BlackBerry, and Moblin.
- It has App development tools such as integrated compilers, libraries, runtimes, device profiles, etc.
- MoSync includes Eclipse-based IDE for C/C++ programming.
You can develop HTML5 apps on Sencha with the help of included resources such as Sencha Animator and Sencha Architect. Apps developed on Sencha, are also compatible with various platforms.
- It has unique tools such as a layout engine, fluid animations, and smooth scrolling to develop mobile applications with quick response time.
- Drag and drop insertion for different smartphone platforms namely: iPhone, Blackberry, Kindle, and Microsoft is also a unique feature of Sencha.
- It has over 50 built-in UI components and themes that look native.
- It’s Touch feature makes mobile app tools creation a cakewalk.
Mippin has published more than 100,000 apps to various app stores
Mippin App Factory is a cross-device app builder tool that helps you design live archetypes that are capable of using all attributes of iOS, Windows, and Android devices. These prototypes can be published to iTunes, Google play store or Windows store and also to Amazon. It is a platform-independent engine.
Mippin is a boon for small businesses, whi=o can have their own app for all types of smartphones. It is an extremely quick and simple 3-step process that does not require any technical skillset. Click on http://www.mippin.com/appfactory/ to start creating your own app.
- Mippin is known for its high speed.
- It does not require coding and so no development skills are needed to create your mobile app tools.
- It is free of cost. However, you can purchase their App Pack for $99 per year to improve your experience. Furthermore, you can upgrade by paying $999 per year. for each Native App.
- It has automatic updates.
- Mippin’s user-friendly features provide flexibility in creating iPhone and Android apps.
- Its high cost is definitely its weak point. You may have to pay as much as $999 per year for native apps.
Yet another platform that helps you to develop, publish and manage HTML5 apps and other apps on iPhone, and Android smartphones and tablets. It offers superior media such as graphics, photos, audio, and videos.
Use a three-month free trial to
- It is also a cross-platform tool which means, you create mobile app tools only once and the tool duplicates it flawlessly for all other platforms.
- You can edit your app limitlessly
- It does not require coding.
- There are various options that will help your app earn revenue. You can use ads, coupons, and subscriptions.
- Regular updates to improve your apps. for
- It uses cloud-based technology which is safe & consistent
- GenWi provides reliable data about consumer behavior to help you improve your app.
You can also check out these mobile app tools.
No technical know-how needed. Trouble-free uploading to App stores
Perfect for bloggers, students, sports lovers, news sites and local publishers. No coding required. Also offers trouble-free uploading to App stores
The above-mentioned tools are just a few of tens of other app development tools, some used for creating a specific type of app. One such example is Mobicart that helps you to create an e-shopping app. Another tool called MobBase provides information to users on events and also helps them to buy tickets for the same.
Similarly, there are apps for creating blogging apps, music apps, apps for promoting businesses, publishing apps, and so on. In short, you can create mobile app tools for anything that you wish to share with a large number of people.
Creating mobile app tools for your business gives your product or brand its own identity increases your customer base and also enhances your revenue channels. It is indeed the best way to stay at the fingertips of your customers.
This has been a guide to Mobile App Design Software. Here we have discussed different apps that run on mobile phones and serves some specific function or provides information on a particular topic. These are the following external link related to mobile app design software.