Difference between Xamarin vs React Native
Xamarin and react native are great mobile development tools. Both Xamarin and react native are very popular in the market. In this article we will have a detailed comparison of both xamarin and react native and focus on the following points:
- Which of them is better?
- When to go for Xamarin or react native?
Definition to Xamarin vs React Native
Xamarin: Xamarin is basically a mobile development framework developed by Microsoft. It is an open-source framework and can be used to build windows, IOS, and Android applications. To develop a Xamarin based application, you need to have programming knowledge of C#. Xamarin was released in May 2011.
Head to Head differences between Xamarin vs React Native(Infographics)
Given below are top differences between Informatica vs Datastage:
Difference Between Xamarin and React Native
Let us evaluate xamarin and react-native on the following factors:
- Performance: As far as performance is concerned, fast code execution and 64-bit support are considered as major performance evaluation factors. Xamarin provides 64-bit support and allows us to use native tools directly. Also, xamarin allows developers to run their code faster on IOS and android operating systems. In comparison to xamarin, react-native does not provide 64-bit mode support on android. Moreover, it does not perform well when there is a requirement to run code faster on IOS.
- Scalability: Xamarin is more scalable than react native as xamarin provides a complete set of widgets, whereas react-native requires a lot of manual work to give applications a native look.
- Easy Availability: React native is freely available, on the other hand, xamarin’s free framework lacks a lot of features and its advanced version is a paid one.
- Installation Process: For installing xamarin you will have to spend hours as it involves the use of a visual studio, downloading components and a couple of other things while react-native can be installed in less than three hours that’s why to react native is more productive than react native.
- Testing: It is easier to do unit testing in xamarin as compared to react native, xamarin provides XCode Simulator for IOS, but react-native only allows debugging and testing on Android emulator which has some issues.
- Consumers: Common users of React Native are Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Skype, and Walmart while Siemens, Honeywell, Slack are top consumers of xamarin.
- Founders: React Native was developed by Facebook whereas xamarin was invented by Microsoft.
Comparison of Table
Here is a comparison table showing differences between xamarin and reactive native:
|Founded By||Xamarin was founded by Microsoft in 2013.||React Native was founded by Facebook in 2015.|
|Performance||Xamarin provides faster UI as compared to react native.||React native is usually slower than xamarin.|
|Features||It provides basic features.||Provides richer features as compared to xamarin|
|Scalability||More Scalable||Less Scalable|
|Productivity||Provides less productivity||It is more productive than xamarin.|
|Installation Time||It takes a longer time to install xamarin.||The installation process is fast and easy as compared to xamarin.|
|Unit Testing||Testing and debugging is easy in xamarin.||Testing and debugging is complicated as it makes use of Android emulator.|
|Operating Systems Supported||Xamarin can be used to build android, IOS and windows based mobile applications.||Using react native only android and IOS apps can be developed.|
|Users||Siemens, Honeywell, Slack are top users of xamarin.||Facebook, Instagram, Skype, Tesla, Walmart, Airbnb are top consumers of React Native.|
|Cost||Advanced features of xamarin are available only in the paid version.||React native with advanced features available for free.|
|Use Cases||Usually used for simple applications.||It can be used to build all applications.|
|Market Support||Xamarin has strong market support.||React Native has very strong market support.|
This is a guide to Xamarin vs React Native. Here we discuss the Definition to Xamarin vs React Native, Key Differences with infographics, and comparison table. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more–