Introduction to WinForms Interview Questions and Answers
WinForms is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) class library which is a part of the Microsoft .NET Framework that provides a platform to develop rich internet or standalone client applications for laptops, desktops, and tablets. Microsoft .NET framework stack contains different components such as Windows, .NET stack, Applications, and Development tools. WinForms is an event-based application supported by the Microsoft .NET framework. Windows Forms is similar to the kind of Windows Foundation Class library to develop the client applications. Windows Forms provide Graphical User Interface Kit to the Microsoft .NET framework like AWT (Abstract Window Toolkit) in Java API. The Windows Forms reside in a .NET stack where this .NET stack resides in the Microsoft .NET framework. Windows Forms will be in the form of API in the .NET framework.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to WinForms then you need to prepare for the 2019 WinForms Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important WinForms Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2019 WinForms Interview Questions article, we shall present 10 most important and frequently used WinForms interview questions. These Top questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – WinForms Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic WinForms Interview Questions and Answers.
Q1. What is a Windows Form?
A Windows Forms is an API which exists in Microsoft .NET framework to develop rich client applications. This API lies within the Microsoft .NET stack and gives interfaces to extend the API abstract classes or implement the interfaces to develop the rich client applications. Windows Forms is a form of managed libraries in the .NET framework. It provides graphics API and provides more security within the client applications.
Q2. What are the steps involved in the life cycle of a Windows Form?
This is the basic WinForms Interview Questions asked in an interview. The different steps involved in a Windows Form are –
- Load: This is the first step when a specific form is loaded into the application.
- Activate: This step will come into the picture when the form is highlighted or if it gets focused by getting back from minimized state or if it is loaded for the first time.
- Deactivate: This step will be fired if the form is not focused or if it is closed or minimized or if it is moved to the background.
- Closing: This step will be triggered if the application is about to be closed that means just before the step of Closed.
- Closed: This step will be executed when the application is closed.
- Disposed of: This step is executed once after the Form or Application is closed to perform the garbage collection mechanism.
Q3. What are the different components present in Windows Forms?
There are different components in the Windows Forms API to develop rich client applications based on the different functional requirements. They are TextBoxes, List Boxes, Labels, Controls etc.,
4.6 (3,144 ratings)
If there is any kind of login page in an application, the entire login page will be treated as a Windows Forms and the different components in the Windows Form i.e. login page are text fields controls, login button control, and label controls. The text field control captures the data from the user and validates it and the Button Control performs a set of action after clicking it by validating the text strings given by the user. The label controls will define the text field to be entered and it helps the user in logging into the application.
Let us move to the next WinForms Interview Questions.
Q4. What are the different types of properties in .NET?
The below are the two properties in the .NET to which performs as accessors to read or write the properties of the Windows Forms or any kind of class or object. The two property accessors are GET and SET:
- GET: The GET property accessor is required to return the property value based on the different access levels as defined. The read-only property has to GET accessor but not a SET.
- SET: The SET property accessor is required to assign a value, mostly a new value on the basis of the access level defined. Write only property have SET accessor but not a GET.
Q5. What are the different functionalities and applications of the Windows Form?
The different functionalities those can be performed using Windows Form are as below:
- To build rich client applications.
- To develop rich and interactive user interfaces.
- To create event handlers.
- To develop different kinds of panels within the window.
- To create Graphical User Interfaces or Graphics forms.
- To display and manage the data submitted by the user.
- To perform data binding operations.
Part 2 – WinForms Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced WinForms Interview Questions.
Q6. How Context Menu can be developed in Windows Forms?
The ContextMenuStrip control provides the functionality to develop the context form which exists in the Microsoft .NET framework. This can be developed using C# (C Sharp) programming language. The Context Menu can also be called as Pop Menu in Windows Forms. While creating a context menu, the ContextMenuStrip control in the toolbox can be simply dragged and dropped onto the form in the Visual Studio Development Environment. The ContextMenuStrip control can be set up with the different properties and configured as per the functionality requirement.
Q7. What are the different data types those can be used in Windows Forms?
The different data types those can be used depends on the programming language and it is typically based on C# programming language which is as below:
- Value Types: Simple Types, Enum types, Struct types, Nullable Value types.
- Reference Types: Class Types, Interface Types, Array Types, Delegate Types.
Let us move to the next WinForms Interview Questions.
Q8. How a default value can be displayed in a text box of Windows Form?
The default value of a text field in the text box can be set by using the DefaultResponse parameter of the InputBox() method. DefaultResponse is the argument of the InputBox() function.
Q9. What is Progress Bar in UI Windows Forms?
This is the frequently asked WinForms Interview Questions in an interview. The Progress Bar in Windows UI Forms is the status bar to represent or display the progressing information of the running operations to the user especially the operations which do run for longer times. It supports displaying two values on a single progress bar.
Q10. How the different background operations are carried out in Windows Form?
The different types of background operations carried out by Windows Forms are as below:
- Using different threads for different interfaces in Visual Studio.
- Longtime running operations that cause delay will be performed in the background by using the different forms.
This has been a guide to list Of WinForms Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these WinForms Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top WinForms Interview Questions which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –