What is Backbone.js?
A backbone.js framework which is effectively used for creating single-page web applications or one-page web applications where all the communication take place within that page without relating a full-page refresh, like Gmail. Backbone.js code only occupies about 7.6 kb, which helps in faster page loads.
How does Backbone.js make working so easy?
- It makes simple for developers to connect the code with their website’s server-side applications.
- BackboneJSis a simple library that helps out in dividing business and user interface logic.
- When any changes occur in the model, it will automatically update the HTML of your application.
What can you do with Backbone.js?
4.5 (1,755 ratings)
Working with Backbone.js
The architectural style of the BackboneJS application for implementing user interfaces
- HTTP Request: HTTP Request for a file such as documents, images, etc., using the HTTP request protocol.
- Router: Routing is a URL based which is used by the backbone so that it can recognize what application status to be post or present to the user.
- View: BackboneJS views are dependable for how and what to put on view from our application.
- Events: An event binds the user’s custom events to an application.
- Collection: The collection is a set of models that combine events when the model has been customized in the collection.
- Data Source: It is the connection set up to a database from a server and contains the information which is requested from the client.
- Syncing with the back-end.
- Event-driven communication.
- Maintainability through conventions.
- Fundamental knowledge in Mark-Up language, which including HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge in an understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Skilled in cross-browser compatibility issues
- Good understanding of necessary functions of Backbone.js
- Good knowledge behind (MVC) models, collections, and views
- Must have knowledge in REST API concepts
- Skilled in an understanding of code versioning tools
- Expertise with input validation skills and approaches
Why should we use Backbone.js?
- BackboneJS acts like a backbone for your project and assists to manage your code.
- It is a free and open source library and which encloses more than 100 accessible extensions.
- BackboneJS is trouble-free libraries that facilitate in organizing business and user interface logic.
- BackboneJS has a flexible dependency on jQuery and a hard dependency on js.
- BackboneJS not only to use single pattern engine, but views can also combine to HTML assembled in your favorite way
- It occupies only a smaller number of kilobytes for your browser or to download it’s a lesser amount of abstract surface area.
Why do we need Backbone.js?
- append or change DOM elements to the application or
- create several requests or
- demonstrate animation in the application or
- append an additional number of lines to your code,
Then your code might turn into problematical.
- If you desire for a better design with fewer codes, then it is enhanced to make use of the BackboneJS library that affords superior functionality, is well structured and in an organized approach for creating your application.
- BackboneJS integrate via events; this makes sure that you do not confuse with the application. Your code will be trouble-free to maintain.
Who is the right audience for learning Backbone.js technologies?
How this technology will help you in career growth?
Career growth, every day is a learning day in web development. The first thing you should be aware of is that Backbone.js is a different skill set, both in terms of concept as well as design.
This has been a guide to What is Backbone.js. Here we discussed the Basic Concept, Required Skills and Advantages of Backbone.js. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –