Updated May 20, 2023
Differences Between Vue.JS and React.JS
Let us learn the differences between VUe.JS vs React.Js:
Head To Head Comparison Between Vue.JS vs React.JS (Infographics)
Below are the Top 9 Comparisons Between Vue.JS and React.JS
Key Differences Between
Both Vue.JS vs React.JS are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the significant differences :
- Vue.JS has less number of contributors on Github, whereas React.js has a number of contributors on Github.
- Vue.JSs is smaller, faster, flexible, and lightweight, whereas React.js is lightweight and flexible but not smaller than Vue.
- Vue.JS is easier for minor application development, whereas React.js helps develop large and complex web application development and supports different third-party libraries and packages externally.
- Vue.JS is not well suited for mobile app development, whereas React.js has good documentation and is well suited for mobile app development through its associated React Native library.
- Vue.JS is mainly based on the MVVM pattern; sometimes, people say MVC. Still, in any case, it supports multiple layers of development, whereas React.js supports and concentrates only on the view layer of web application development and has the main benefit of server-side rendering by rendering pages on a server using the virtual DOM concept and providing efficient testing frameworks and reliability.
- Vue.JS has the main benefit of working with Forms in HTML content, and its collateral binding is an important feature, whereas React.js has a lot of complications in using the event model system.
- Vue.JS provides greater performance than other platforms and provides the best speed-performing applications, whereas React.js works on the principle of one-directional data flow, which makes the code stable.
The top Comparison between Vue.JS and React.JS is below –
|The basis of comparison||Vue.js||React.js|
|License||It was licensed under the MIT license||It was also licensed under MIT.|
|Development||It was developed by an individual author named Evan You||Facebook and a group of individual community developers collaborated to develop React.js.|
|Component||It uses Templates to build different components||It uses JSX as a component format|
|Architecture||It features an adaptable architecture for various complex features.||It supports different state management libraries for complex features.|
|Open Source||It is free and Open Source||It is free and also open source|
|Features||It is used to develop progressive web applications.||It is used to develop single-page applications and mobile apps.|
|Released||It was released in the year 2014||It was released in the year 2013|
|Community||It was individually developed by an author||It is community-driven, and Facebook developed a library.|
|CSS||It supports CSS in JS by writing CSS code inside JS||It supports CSS by including script files in the JS file or by importing in component|
Vue.JS vs React.JS both work on the concept of the Virtual DOM model. Compared to React.js, Vue.js offers shorter syntax and build configuration, making it more convenient for smaller applications. Additionally, in Vue.js, the action attribute is mandatory in its HTML content, while React does not have this requirement. Vue.js written apps can run directly on a browser without the need for transpilation, whereas React.js apps require transpilation to ensure compatibility with different versions of ECMAScript. React.js offers web and mobile applications support, whereas React Native is the mobile applications development library without any learning curve if worked on React.
Vue.js has a disadvantage in that it cannot track changes or edits made to data in fields or the deletion of data. This limitation is considered a drawback when compared to React. The processes in Vue.js will work faster as the size of the library is less, which requires less time to load and, in turn, increases the speed and performance. In the case of larger and more complex apps, React.js will perform well as it supports different state management libraries to address the solutions for highly complex applications and ultra-rich web applications.
This has been a guide to the top differences between Vue.JS and React. JS. Here we also discuss Vue.JS vs React.JS key differences with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following React.JS vs Vue.JS articles to learn more –