Differences Between Ubuntu and Windows 10
What is Ubuntu vs Windows 10? They both are the operating system. The operating system is the software package that manages the hardware and software instructions and controls the computer.
What is Ubuntu?
Ubuntu is open-source software that was developed by Canonical in October 2004. It is a very reliable operating system. Its latest release is Ubuntu 18.10. Basically, it comes with three official editions: Ubuntu Desktop – for the personal computer, Ubuntu Server – for making the servers and Ubuntu Core for the IoT and Robots. Some key features of Ubuntu are given below:
- It’s an open-source operating system.
- Ubuntu has a better User Interface.
- Security point of view, Ubuntu is very safe because of its less useful.
- Font family in Ubuntu is very much better in comparison to windows.
- It has a centralized software Repository from where we can download them all required software from that.
- Unix Environment is the best for the programmer.
- Command Line interface – It has both a command-line interface as well as the GUI interface.
- Cost- It’s open-source, which is free of cost.
- Test the ing purpose you can run Ubuntu in pen drive without installing it.
What is Windows 10?
Windows 10 is an operating system series that Microsoft develops. It was released in July 2015. It was launch to target personal computing. The key features of Window 10 are given below:
- Windows 10 is the latest and the best update of the Windows series.
- It is the best Operating system for gamers.
- The UI interface of Windows 10 is very good.
- Windows10 supports many apps, and keyboard and mouse attraction are very nice in this.
- We can sync our windows mobile with the Windows 10 operating system very easily.
- It has a Cortana, which is a visual personal assistant that is very useful and helpful.
- It has a new browser name as Microsoft edge.
- It has a better snap assist.
Head To Head Comparison Between Ubuntu and Windows 10 (Infographics)
Below is the top 18 difference between Ubuntu vs Windows 10
Key Differences between Ubuntu and Windows 10
Both are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major differences.
- Ubuntu was developed by Canonical, which belongs to a Linux family, while Microsoft develops Windows10.
- Ubuntu is an open-source operating system, while Windows is a paid and licensed operating system.
- It is a very reliable operating system in comparison to Windows 10.
- Handling of Ubuntu is not easy; you need to learn lots of commands, while in Windows 10, handling and learning part is very easy.
- It is purely an operating system for programming purposes, while Windows can also be used for other things.
- MS Office doesn’t work properly in Ubuntu, while in Windows10 it will work excellent.
- Adobe and photoshoot will also not work much properly in Ubuntu, while Windows 10 supports it very well.
- Ubuntu kernel type is Monolithic while Windows 10 Kernel type is Hybrid.
- Ubuntu is much secure in comparison to Windows 10.
- Ubuntu userland is GNU while Windows10 userland is Windows Nt, Net.
- In Ubuntu, Browsing is faster than Windows 10.
- Updates are very easy in Ubuntu while in Windows 10 for the update every time you have to install the Java.
- Ubuntu is the first choice of all Developers and tester because of their several features, while they don’t prefer windows.
- In Ubuntu, your data privacy is much high compared to Windows 10 because any co-corporation does not own it.
- Ubuntu doesn’t have any visual assistant, while Windows has Cortana.
- Ubuntu has a Centralized Application installation, while in Windows 10, this kind of feature is not present.
- Ubuntu we can run without installing by using in a pen drive, but with Windows 10, this we can’t do.
- Ubuntu system boots are faster than Windows10.
- For a Gaming point of view, Windows10 is the best choice for Gamers.
Ubuntu vs Windows 10 Comparison Table
Here are some of the Comparison between Ubuntu vs Windows 10 –
|Basis Comparison||Ubuntu||Windows 10|
|OS family||Linux||Windows NT|
|Source Model||Open Source||Licensed|
|Release||20 October 2004||15 July 2015|
|Userland||GNU||Windows NT, .NET|
|Default User Interface||GNOME, Ubuntu Unity||Windows Shell|
|Cost||Free, Open Source||Paid, Licensed version|
|Viruses||Viruses can’t survive in this.||Virus attack is common.|
|Updates||Updates are very easy||Every time you need to update Java.|
|Programming||The programming part is very easy.||Comfortable but not much compatible.|
|Entertainment||It is not built for that.||Movies, song, and Photos are can be easily handled|
|MS Office Work||Comfortable with MS office||Works excellent in Windows|
|Gaming||You can’t play games on this.||All games will be supported by this.|
|Adobe and Photoshop support||Not much support.||Works very well.|
|Performance(RAM and Core)||Better than windows||It is okay|
|Security||No need for Antivirus and Firewall.||Always needed one.|
|Learning||It is not easy to learn||It is very easy to learn.|
This is all about the difference between Ubuntu vs Windows 10. Both operating systems have their unique pros and Cons. Generally, developers and Tester prefer Ubuntu because it’s very robust, secure and fast for programming, while normal users who want to play games and they have work with MS office and Photoshop they will prefer Windows 10. Overall we can say both Ubuntu vs Windows 10 operating systems are well built and full filling the customer needs.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Ubuntu vs Windows 10. Here we also discuss the key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to lea rn more –