Differences Between Talend and Mulesoft
Talend is a company with its headquarters in California, USA that was founded in 2005. It provides data integration, data processing, data quality, data security, data management, cloud storage and big data.
Mulesoft products were developed Mulesoft Company with its headquarters in San Fransisco, USA. It provides integration software platform for different applications connectivity. The products of this company are Mulesoft and any platform.
Talend is similar to that of MuleSoft which acts as an integration vendor for different software applications. It has software called Open Studio Software for the data integration tasks and is used for real-time data integration.
Mule Soft provides ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) to ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) tools with complete integration facilities and provides services as an integration platform.
Mulesoft can be used to develop, design and manage REST APIs, Microservices and its building block connectors are MuleESB, Cloudhub, iPaaS and API Manager with more than 120 plus features like these.
4.5 (2,705 ratings)
MuleESB the name itself says that the ESB is not only an integration framework but also with several additional features and plugins that fulfills the complete ESB.
The Talend and Mulesoft are basically ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) tools which mean the process of extracting data from various types of sources and transforming the retrieved data into the business requirement and loading that into the target machine.
ETL tools enable us to evaluate data in various ways and the data can be analyzed only when it is a memory rather than in a large database and can be transformed into different formats.
Data will be extracted from OLTP databases so as to transform the data that is to be matched with data warehouse schema and will be loaded into database warehouse schema after that. The data warehouse systems also implement various types of data such as legacy systems, text files, and spreadsheets.
For example a banking system or financial institution has large customer data where there will be different departments such as Marketing, Financial, Business areas, cost centres etc., which they will use customer data in different ways with their customer id or bank account number or customer name in order to process the data for their needs, for these type of ambiguities, data will be processed in an ordered way to make it uniform by using ETL tools, by extracting, transforming, loading and then transforming it into meaningful and useful structure.
Talend Open Studio has different operations to carry on such as discovering Talend studio, reading and sorting a file, creating a metadata and using it, filtering data by using the components, joining two data sources with components, creating clusters and connect them with metadata.
Head to Head Comparison between Talend vs Mulesoft (Infographics)
Below is The Top 8 Comparison Between Talend vs Mulesoft
Key Differences between Talend vs Mulesoft
Below are the lists of points, describe the key differences between Talend and Mulesoft Learning
1. Talend has more than 900 connectors to connect to different databases and cloud applications and many more. Mulesoft provides APIs integration, database connectivity, and different software applications.
2. Talend Open Studio tool is used for data integration whereas Mulesoft Anypoint Studio is used for Data operations.
3. Talend development is based on Java Programming Language and having value-added features like load balancing and monitoring. DataWeave is used for basic data transformations in Mulesoft. The components of MuleSoft are Components, validators, Filters, Routers, Scopes, Transformers etc.,
4. Talend jobs are constructed using Open Studio tool. Mulesoft jobs are constructed on Any Point tool.
5. In Talend, ETL jobs can be created to connect to almost any data source that needs knowledge in Java, SQL, and databases.
6. In Mulesoft, Data Weave had replaced Data Mapper that is still working whereas Talend is limited resources of third-party tools and vendors.
7. Talend is the first open source commercial vendor in the area of data integration software applications and can also be integrated with Big Data tools. Mulesoft is used to design, consume, build, deploy, manage and govern the APIs (Application Programming Interfaces)).
8. Mulesoft has different deployment strategies to deploy mule applications by using runtime manager to deploy the applications to different mule instances available at that instance.
9. Talend can be used for Data migration from one database to another database easily by automating with ETL jobs that reduce manual efforts and human prone errors.
10. The database migrations can be scheduled by many database connectors and actions efficiently for the Talend and Mulesoft applications.
11. ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) is a key component process in data warehouse or a BI (business intelligence) system where ETL processes extract the existing large amount of data from database systems, transform that data and applying a series of rules or actions and loading the data into a database system or data warehouse system.
12. Talend has a great active user community where a lot of technical support will be obtained by most of the product users whereas Mulesoft has enterprise community where the same amount of users will be available for support.
Talend vs Mulesoft Comparison Table
Below are the lists of points, describe the comparisons between Talend vs Mulesoft:
|Definition||It is an ETL kind of tool||It is a complete ETL tool with additional features|
|Preference||Less preferred due to less features||More preferred|
|Ease of use||Bit complex to use||Easier to use|
|Platform||OpenStudio is a platform for Talend||AnyPoint platform is developed for Mulesoft|
|Integration||Less integration options||More features and plugins to integrate with third-party vendors|
|Ease of setup||Easy to setup||Easy to setup and its plugins|
|Connectors||Quality of connectors is a less||High quality of connectors to integrate with multiple applications|
|Run Time||Runtime capability is normal||Runtime capability is high|
Conclusion -Talend vs Mulesoft
Talend and Mulesoft are both being ETL tools differ in features in respective of many aspects. Mulesoft is more preferred in terms of cross-application support with inbuilt support of plugin tools and extra features. Talend being a software application integration vendor has limited services.
In order to make ease of operating, Mulesoft is preferred over Talend to make the business operations smooth.
This has been a guide to Difference between Talend vs Mulesoft, their Meaning, Head to Head Comparison, Key Differences, Comparison Table, and Conclusion. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –