Differences Between Tableau and Microstrategy
Tableau is a data visualization tool that helps to create appealing charts, reports, dashboards that are easy to share and interactive in nature. Tableau has unique graphics options to present data in a meaningful manner. MicroStrategy is a data visualization tool. This tool is known for its flexibility and speed of data study without losing on the scalability and security that enterprise analytics. The company goes by the motto “Take analytics into your own hand” when it comes to their data visualization tool. Tableau or Microstrategy are both competitive data visualization tools with strengths of their own.
Head to Head Comparison between Tableau and Microstrategy (Infographics)
Below is The Top 5 Comparison Between Tableau vs Microstrategy
Key Differences Differences Between Tableau and Microstrategy
Below are the most important Differences Between Tableau vs Microstrategy
- Tableau Data Visualization tool is among the first of its kind compared to the Microstrategy data visualization tool which is relatively new.
- Tableau outshines Microstrategy in product capabilities like Collaboration and social BI, Interactive Visual Exploration, Analytics dashboards, Ease of use to deploy and administer, ease of use to content authors, ease of use to content consumers, in publishing analytic content, in embedding analytic content, in embedded advanced analytics, Cloud BI and BI platform administration. Microstrategy is better than tableau when it comes to Mobile Exploration and Authoring, Self-Contained Extraction, Transformation & Loading (ETL) & Data Storage, Governance and metadata management, security and user administration.
- According to Gartner, the tableau is ahead of Microstrategy in Evaluation and contracting, Ease of Deployment, Service, and support.
Tableau vs Microstrategy Comparison Table
Below are the lists of points, describe the comparisons Between Tableau vs Microstrategy
|Basis For Comparison||Tableau||Microstrategy|
|Tool Description||Tableau is a data visualization tool used to create visually appealing charts, reports, dashboards that are interactive in nature and are easy to share. Tableau is the first of its kind and offers unique graphics options to present data in a meaningful manner.||The Microstrategy data visualization tool is just one of the products that the company has to offer. The company goes by the motto “Take analytics into your own hand” when it comes to their data visualization tool. The tool vouches for flexibility and speed of data study without losing on the scalability and security that an enterprise analytics environment has to offer.|
|Prerequisites for usage||For using software:
||For using software:
|Tool users||Business Analysts, IT developers, and administrators.||Business Analysts, IT developers, and administrators.|
Having compared and discussed the Differences Between Tableau or Microstrategy, we can come to a partial conclusion that though both the tools have different strengths of their own and are both very good it is Tableau that is the more preferred tool amongst the users due to the factors discussed in the comparison and differences. Even if not required at work, learning a data visualization tool and using it in your area of work opens up a completely different angle of analyzing, exploring and presenting data. According to a survey on Data Science and Machine Learning by Kaggle, most find it nice to have a data visualization skill followed by those who find it necessary. Very few find it unnecessary. The employees of the industries of Technology, Academic, financial and manufacturing find it absolutely necessary to learn a data visualization tool. Also, most of the employees said that they used Tableau in almost all of their analysis.
This has been a basic guide to Differences Between Tableau vs Microstrategy, their Meaning, Head to Head Comparison, Key Differences, Comparison Table, and Conclusion. This article consists of all top differences between Tableau or Microstrategy. You may also look at the following articles to learn more
- Visual Analytics vs Tableau – Know the Important Differences (Infographics)
- Cloud Computing vs Hadoop – Learn the Top 6 Comparison
- Predictive Analytics vs Statistics – Top Differences To Learn
- Talend vs Mulesoft Which One Is More Useful