Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, also known as the Clean India Mission, is a nationwide campaign that the Modi government launched in 2014 India. This mission aims to make India a cleaner, healthier, and more hygienic place to live in. The mission aims to make India open defecation-free (ODF) by October 2019, with a particular emphasis on rural India.
The campaign is a mass movement aimed at creating awareness among people about the importance of cleanliness in their lives and society. It was launched in response to the need to improve the condition of public hygiene in the country. Since its launch, the campaign has seen a lot of success and participation from all sections of society, from students to celebrities.
Essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
The mission has several goals, such as making India open defecation-free, improving solid waste management, making cities and towns free from litter and plastic, and promoting hygiene and sanitation in rural areas. To achieve these goals, the government has launched several initiatives, such as the Swachh Bharat Cess, the Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban, and the Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has been a success in India. It has helped to create awareness among people about the importance of cleanliness in their lives and society. It has also helped to improve public hygiene in the country and has seen participation from all sections of society. This mission is an excellent example of how the government can work together with the people to create a better and healthier India.
(Image Credits: Freepik)
Objectives of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a nationwide campaign launched by the Government of India on 2nd October 2014 to make India clean and hygienic. The main objective of this campaign is to make India a clean and open-defecation-free country by 2019.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has the following objectives:
- To make India open-defecation-free by 2019.
- To create awareness among people about hygiene and cleanliness.
- To build toilets and provide sanitation facilities for all.
- To promote the use of modern and scientific methods of waste management.
- To ensure that all households have access to safe drinking water.
- To ensure cleanliness in public places, tourist destinations, and monuments.
- To promote the use of public transport and discourage the use of private vehicles.
- To encourage the use of renewable energy sources.
- To create a culture of cleanliness and hygiene among the people.
- To involve youth and children in the campaign to spread the message of cleanliness and hygiene.
Need in India
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (SBA) is an ambitious program of the Government of India launched in 2014 to make India a cleaner and healthier nation. The mission has set an ambitious target to make India free of open defecation by 2019.
- The word ‘Swachh’ means cleanliness, and the mission emphasizes the importance of waste management, hygiene, and sanitation in India. To achieve the mission’s goal, the government has started several initiatives and programs, such as building toilets, providing access to clean water, promoting eco-friendly practices, and creating awareness about the importance of cleanliness.
- The need for SBA is immense in India. India is a country of 1.3 billion people, yet it is one of the dirtiest and most unhygienic countries in the world. According to the World Health Organisation, India is home to the highest number of people without access to basic sanitation. This lack of sanitation has resulted in diseases like diarrhea, cholera, and other hygiene-related diseases.
- The SBA has the potential to bring about a transformation in India’s sanitation and hygiene conditions. It can help reduce water-borne diseases and provide access to basic sanitation to millions of people. It can also help create jobs and boost the country’s economy by encouraging local production of construction materials for toilets and other sanitation-related projects.
- If appropriately implemented, the SBA can significantly improve the living conditions of millions of people in India. It can help create a healthier and more hygienic environment for all citizens and a more prosperous and developed nation.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a nationwide cleaning campaign launched by the Indian government to make India a clean and healthy nation. The mission is to make India open-defecation-free and achieve a clean and healthy environment. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has successfully created awareness about cleanliness and a positive attitude among people toward cleanliness. The mission has also successfully created jobs and removed solid waste from public places and homes. It has also led to the construction of toilets in public places and homes. This campaign has significantly impacted the country’s environment, health, and economic growth. Thus, it can be concluded that the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a successful mission and should be continued to make India a clean and healthy nation.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Essay ” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,